It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landed on the Moon SIX Times! Why?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hello 5th Grade Class in Boston Mass i am Astronaut Jones and I answer your questions via Skype today from the Space Shuttle Discovery

Poor Astro Jones while he is talking t o the 5th graders in the 1970 old shuttle a few space planes from the secret military space program buzz like assholes 100 ft by the space shuttle. He sees them go by in his window to the left while he is talking to the 5th grade class.

the jerks in the military space program love to screw around on there way to the secret space station.

Imagine NASA and those Astronauts that their entire existence is bullcrap.

there are a lot of bitter NASA folks.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
if Apollo 13 hadn't glitched it would have been 7 times would taht make you think it was real?
ps the space shuttle if facked to and the mars rovers are fake they are accutley taking photos in AZ and shoping them just to fool you.
jsut how do you think you get satalight tv anyway? think the space faires beem it to you?personialy i wish NASA would take every person who doughts we did goto the moon there and drop you off.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

In all of what you claimed, and in your several posts you used the word "fact" a great amount of times.
Yet you don't even once give any source or link. That's a fact.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You have to remember that each crew was only able to spend a very short time on the surface of the moon, the Eagle was on the surface for just 21 hours, hardly enough time to explore much of the surface and certainly not long enough to do any kind of real science up there.

Each mission also had different objectives of what they did with their limited time.

Apollo 14 for example did some seismic studies,
Apollo 16 studied magnetic fields and solar particles as well as landing in a different type of terrain.
etc

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
man forget it these people will yell fake even if nasa took them up and opened a window.
if you go by there short site nothing is real .

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
To take supplies to those already there

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

My feeling exactly, when did the government ever stop doing something before they sucked the very last drop of anything out of it..... 6 times Hmmmm surely they didn't find everything they wanted or were curious about?

Besides it seems to me that the moon would be a perfect jumping off for any missions anywhere far away?? and a much better place than the floating space port in use now. it would offer at least some gravity and possibility for better space stations ........ but unless as is suspected someone / something "you seen enough move along"

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't care what the reason is, because no reason is good enough to make me content with the fact that we have ONLY gone there 6 times.

If the funding was cut, then that pisses me off because so much money is spent on war and weaponry and a million other useless things on this earth. Why not spend it on space exploration?? And if they had to cut back a bit (6 times in 3 years is a lot), fine, cut back some. But don't just STOP going, it's now 2010 and we haven't been there since the early 70's??? That baffles me.

If aliens warned us off (I highly doubt this but hey it's possible) then I'm still pissed because the government should have reported back exactly what they found.

If they decided that there was nothing worth exploring up there then I'm highly pissed because that would be the most illogical thing I've ever heard. Look how different the regions on our planet are, even if too a much lesser degree I can't imagine its just "rocks and dust" up there. What about the water? What about the "crystal mountains" reported in the last year or so? There is undoubtedly countless things up there worth looking in to.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by IamMe14]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
well, think of it this way: say you go to an amusement park, and you go on a ride and have the time of your life. the best ride youve ever been on. wouldnt you go back? i mean, going to the moon must be a breathtaking experience, and i'm sure that if you had the chance you would go multiple times to the moon.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If you looked into it you'd see each Apollo mission had it's own objectives. It wasn't just to go and wave at the camera nine times.

In relation to cost, the American public doesn't much like spending money on science.

$120 million to study particle physics at the Tevatron is outrageous!
Billions to go back to the moon? Once wasn't enough for you?!
More recently; $700,000 to teach a computer how to tell jokes! WASTEFUL!

Show me ANY government funded science program and I'll find you at least 100 American citizens that feel it's a waste of money.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

For fact? Please do, and I mean this with all sincerity, bring us your proof.

Six times. There were plans for more, but budgetary matters and NASA deciding to go in other directions put the kibosh on them.

We'll go again some day. Man wasn't meant to be marooned on Earth forever.

jra

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Why go six? I can understand maybe a second time just to make sure its just dust and rocks up there, but six times.

Well dust and rocks are made out of a variety of minerals. The Moon is covered with all sorts of types of rocks. They're not all the same. Each Apollo mission landed in a different location. If you want to find out more about the Moon and what it's made of, you're going to want to take samples from a wider area than just one spot.

And as some one had already mentioned, there were plans for an Apollo 18, 19 and 20 which were canceled. So there were plans for 9 landings (10 if you count Apollo 13) And that's still not enough. We've only scratched the surface. We're still learning things about the Earth and we've been on the rock forever. Six missions to the Moon is nothing.

And if they did fake the Moon landings wouldn't just one trip suffice to keep from making a mistake and exposing the scam by going multiple times?

That's what I ask many HB's. IF the Apollo missions had been faked, why risk doing it so many times? Just once would have been enough.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced the US didn't go to the Moon. And one day, the truth will be told.... I wonder what will happen that day? Who could you blame? All those guys (whoever) are kinda old by now I'm sure, if they are even alive.

Well let me give you several things to think about.

Where did the +800lbs of Lunar samples come from?
How does one fake 1/6th G and a vacuum environment on Earth?
Why has no one come forward in all this time? No death bed confessions, etc.

If you can come up with a reasonable explanation to those I'd like to hear it.

airborne82ndscout, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Could you perhaps supply some?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I know airborne82ndscout is making some bold claims ie. secret spacestations ! What was is that Gary McKinnon said about 'non-terrestrial' officers ? Hmmm

[edit on 083030p://09America/Chicago01 by ProRipp]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

nothing bold how about non-disclosed space station and more space craft that cameras and tech was made for.

not bold i dont know much just a very little

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So what you are saying is rumour rather than fact, then.

Given the effort required to send large spacecraft into orbit, heavy lift launches anywhere on the globe would have been obvious. As would large craft in orbit, which would have been spotted. In particular, a secret space station would require multiple heavy lifts which could never go un-noticed.

So why no strange heavy-lift launches, and why no images of secret space stations?

As for the OP, the simple answer in money. NASA didnt have the budget for further missions. Same reason why we never went back, other projects like the Shuttle and ISS have been the priority. They sent 6 missions to the moon because the massive fixed cost had already been spent (R&D, manufacturing facilities etc) and it made little sense to only send 1 or 2. Each launch had a specific mission.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Here's an extract from an article called the Lost Moonshots about the cancelled Apollo moon missions. There's more detail about the planned crews and landing sites in the article, it's pretty clear that the NASA budget was cut and they were unaffordable.

"A mere six months after the triumph of Apollo 11, NASA abandoned its plans for Apollo 20 in January 1970. Worse was to come: Apollos 18 and 19 were officially cancelled in September 1970 because of cuts to NASA’s budget for 1971. Public interest in the exploration of another world had dropped sharply with minimal attention paid to Apollo 12. Newspaper editorials were calling for the following flights to be cancelled and the money allocated for them spent to eliminate poverty instead."

Source is Astronotes Newsletter.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

Listen i dont care its not a rumor its a fact my uncle is rich always had been he was the number 4 at poloroid and most of the polorid revenue was from secret camera and space systems. they didn't make billions off the shaking the Polaroid photo. in the day Polaroid and Kodak were at the cutting edge of Camera tech the govt had nothing in this field. My uncle and his group pioneered a lot of tech. it is interesting that since they built the cameras they at times got to see the results.

its not rumor are you thick or a dis-info person. my uncle's Polaroid built Camera systems after camera systems for space craft after space craft, many more moon missions its not a rumor that is beyond stupid to say.

I dont know how many missions we have done, the Fact is my Uncle and his group built hundreds of cameras systems, film, digital camera, film camera, video cameras.

the built cameras for the Skylab and then built many more exact same cameras for the new space station.

if i tell you my uncle built cameras for years and years its a fact. He also looked and analyzed photos, film and videos. plus the cameras broke down and failed at times ect....

Polaroid and Kodak built 10,000's cameras systems for probes, space craft and satellites.

Polaroid very upset that their tech was patten by nsa and nasa and they were not allowed to sell to public.

Now my uncle never ever talks about aliens or space ships and we just spoke a couple of weeks ago.

also my uncle thought for sure this info once studied would be released.

also in the end during the Polaroid decline he desperately trying to get the govt to allow them to market some of their tech to save the company.

My Uncle talks about his 20 years with Polaroid as his First love affair, Sad a great American company died like Polaroid did. They made alot of money of the space programs.

We went to the moon, we had many more moon landings then Apollo we had secret military space program and there is an undisclosed space station i dont know if its huge or small. plus there have been many low orbit maned space modules i assume spy.

use your head when they worked on the NERVA program it was an amazing success and then they canceled it? give me a break it went black just like Apollo success Apollo proved the system and then it went exclusively black.

My uncles never speak of aliens, moon bases, ufo, or moon mining or anything like that at all. I assume they dont know or never seen those things. they do know about the conventional space programs. None of them ever saw a ufo and neither have I.

you got to stop denying this moon landings and these programs they are real. billions are spent at dugway and area 51 since the 1950's and we didnt know about stealth or any of that. it is really easy for them to keep billion dollars secrets. they have the monopoly on the tech no ordinary citizen can fly to space or have a super power telescope so how do you think we can find out????

The space center says there are 5,000 satellites in earth orbit right now. 5,000 wow and how do you think you can image all those flying around at 10,000-20,000 miles an hour its a crazy mess up there plus another 5,000 pace junk/

we have spent so much money and we never ran out space programs have been non-stop and we know very very little.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
See what I don't like about the whole situation is that no other country has gone. I believe i read somewhere that Russia sent probes but that's it? If we really did go six times (with more scheduled) why hasn't any other country used our lack of budget to pick up where we left off?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Firstly, cut the personal attacks. It shows that you are insecure about your argument.

Secondly, your uncle knowing about camera production means absolutely nothing. I dont doubt that what he says is accurate about Polaroid manufacturing a lot of cameras for NASA.

However, there is this little concept called compartmentalisation. Your uncle would not know what the cameras were being used for. Hence why you dont know whether it was for Apollo missions or a secret space station or something else.

There is of course a simpler explanation: the multitude of spy satellites, spy planes and balloons that would require sophisticated imaging equipment. The US was in a cold war, after all, and very quickly realised that space would be a perfect platform for spying. The same as high altitude flights using spy planes.

If your uncle was able to produce camera specs then the possible uses could be narrowed down. However what you dont have is fact, it is rumour. The only fact you have is that cameras were made. Nothing more. With that you cannot logically reach the conclusion you have reached. You said yourself that your uncle only knows about the public space effort.

You need to be able to separate fact from fiction/imagination

[edit on 3-9-2010 by zvezdar]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineTeacher
some companies already have rights to the minerals ON THE MOON crazy right?

I'm curiouse, can you please tell me who have some rights to do that.?
How you know if I may ask, got a link.?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join