It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
You guys are SO gullible it isn't even funny, you latch onto silly ideas and never take into account the reality of the situation. There is always a "bad guy" always "TPTB" always a boogeyman. Slackers ALWAYS whine about not getting enough and inventing false boots on their necks.

Are You Free, Or are you a slave?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The planet has limited resources.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
im paying off a block of land have to pay water rates ,WHY ? when i never use any water and never have ,no even connected to it ,its like being charged for electricity and not even having it connected .CRAP

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Like the thread. I don't think that we're really paying to live on our cool little blue marble space ship! I think we're paying to STAY alive, you know, like "Or Else!" government should be respelled everywhere as
"governman" because what I believe is that it's ALWAYS been a one world goverman. and the wheel turns, and vote for John Zoidberg for president. that'll theach them. or us.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

It is truly amazing to consider what a wonderful place the world would be,if all of one's needs were met just for showing up in this world,and the only things that would have to be paid for were things that people wanted above and beyond their needs.

Technology is always abused,it is always turned toward insane profiteering and artificial scarcity,deprivation.

All of the systems of control which are in place are self propagating,they support one another.

What a beautiful world it is,with all of the profit generated from the misery of the masses,while the few live like kings.

Some things just never do change,we can see what has to be done,but our morals are skewed to support the agendas of those who reap the harvest of mass misery.

Some things just never seem to change.......

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Yes,but the exchange keeps getting less fair.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

To be honest, I absolutely hate money, I have never liked money and I feel we should be bartering instead of getting money. In my perfect world I would like to go back to growing our own food, having farms, and bartering for other goods, and eliminating our Government completely. Unfortunately this won't happen until we take out the powers that be, and religions, like Catholics, Christians and Muslims, any religion that is extreme and makes us pay for our debts.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Without order, there is chaos. What I just said is about as obvious as the answer to the question asked by OP.

We have to pay to live on the planet we were born on because in most effective way to create order and facilitate prosperity is to create a structured system in which groups of people gather around each other in order to give everyone a better chance at living their life in a place with order.

How would we know who owned what? How would we settle disputes? How would we prevent theft, murder and rape? How would we even advance as a human race if everything was free? If there was no system set in place?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

and yes you can have a car on you own Property Unregistered Uninsured with No Plates
but as soon you put that Vehicle on the State Owned Land & Roads
then youll will have a problem .

Again, PLEASE define WHO it is that IS the State. WHO IS THE STATE, to which you refer.

Again, the legislature can legislate ONLY FOR the people and NOT TO the people. If they pass any "law" it is merely "color of law" and does not apply to flesh and blood living souls, but to corporate fictions known as "PERSONS". I live in Minnesota, I have dealt with the "law enforcement", read security guards, many times. Prove up the claim, show me the Constitutional authority with which you draw the "power" and then show me your oath of office.

They have NO JURISDICTION that YOU do not give them. CONSENT.

Give them a name and it implies corporate title and YOU are then a corporate entity not abiding by the corprate policy. NEVER give them a name.

Prove up the claim. Subject matter jurisdiction. Do some research on this.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I can only laugh. You people do not get it, never will I assume.

Direct taxes versus indirect taxes, figure it out. Understand WHERE we came from and WHO we are.

I was born, I have a natural right to exist, I have a natural right to move anywhere I want and how I want. The Supreme Court has stated so in so many cases, the right to use of the roadway FREELY is a natural right and does not owe it's existance to government whcih was derived FROM the people int he first place.

SO LONG AS I.... do not harm anyone nor damage anyone elses property nor infringe on their rights. It's that simple.

Responsibility and accountability.

I am responsible and I am accountable for my own actions. That's it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutlanderHuman24
I think that using money can be useful if we only used it for the things that we dont need. All natural resources should be free. Not only has humanity become exceedingly greedy, but exceedingly selfish as well. We shouldnt need to pay for water purification. Water is purified in order to stop people from having trash and other unhealthy stuff into their bodies and becoming sick or dying. Or have we come to not care for the lives of our fellow human beings as well? As for housing I think everyone should be given a place to live. As for food, I think that people should only be allowed to get a certain amount of certain things. What that amount would be on what product I have no clue but it could work probably. I have heard on some forums that years ago we used to be closer to each other in out communities. What happened to that? That could easily solve the safety problem as everyone would be looking out for each other.

A very reasonable idea...and as a nursing student prior to my adulthood, that amount of food would be three thousand calories a day, 3 oz meat per person, per day, 5-6 cups of vegtable/fruit per person per day, 1-2 cups of grain or two slices of bread per person per day, and soda chips sweets, etc....that would be considered extra luxury, ie money paid for it, also 3cups milk or dairy product per person per day, this is about what the nutritionists say every being needs to be healthy and surivive. That is for any man, woman or child. Actually I think this is the best idea so far, and I would add that electricity be a choice, not a requirement for every person, because there is no reason or even ryme as to why it would be required ie. code laws or state child services laws, it is ridiculous, in fact it is more dangerous to be putting these volts through the dwelling then if we did not use electricity. So long as we aren't using flame to replace it, which there is no need to nowadays so much crap runs on batteries like I have camping lanterns that run on batteries that charge through the GD car!!!! There is no need to have electricity...there's no reason it whould ever be required for us or we lose our children and our homes.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the entire global population would fit within an area the size of Texas. When one ponder that, and the vast expanse we have available to us, it makes me wonder why we are concerned about overpopulation.

It seems that there is plenty of space, it just hasn't been put to good use.

And if the nations of the world would come together to make places like Africa more habitable, can you imagine how much better all of us would be.

Instead of worrying about terraforming Mars or the Moon, we should think about making the deserts bloom.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's an interesting philosophical question, but the thread should rather be placed in another forum.

However, when you say we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on, I assume you are talking about taxes. As far as I know, there are no law in the U.S. that requires the people to pay income tax, but I digress.

In my view, we are living in a world that our forefathers foresaw. Our current lifeworld is a product of an evolutionary social process. We can distribute goods and wealth throughout, but therein lies the problem. If this was a fair system handled in the most ideal way, I bet most people would be glad to pay to live on this planet. But alas, the system allows corruption and that's why we ask ourselves the question that is the premise of this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I'm sure there are still areas on the planet where you could survive off the land, if you chose to live outside of civilization.

Like Tarzan!

But civilization affords luxuries (turning on the light switch and water faucet, that must be paid for.)

But the Rockies have streams you can still drink from.
I think if you wanted to live on the planet for free, you could.

Location, location, location!

Ohhhhhh, name drop.

Dang right that's how I want to live. And it ain't incredibly hard either.

Not because that is my ideal lifestyle, but because it is the most selfless lifestyle I can imagine because I don't rely on everyone else to do it for me... I just rely on God to provide the earth for me.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

OMG NEW YORK STATE Of America

Haven't you Looked at the Blue or Links in My Previous Post!!!! Obviously you do not Research Much or Look at Post Thoroughly !!

NEW YORK STATE, NEW YORK STATE

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hello,
I couldn't read the whole thread cause it's just too long. Therefore I doubt I can add to the thread with something unsaid, because I just want to say that we're not really paying for the things we pay for themselves, we're just paying the people that bring them to us.

If we got everything for ourselves, we wouldn't pay anything. I saw some bloke on the telly recently who's living in the English countryside for nothing because he's self-efficient. Personally I'm quite happy paying for things, but I don't want to because money runs out as a result...

Maybe that's why we have to pay for everything, to keep the classes in check! The lower classes don't have much money so they're gonna stress over it, while the upper class spend spend and spend whilst knowing they don't have to worry. But I don't want to get into Politics.

Thanks

Ramadwarf on paying for what others give you, living for free, and why money is evil.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I totally agree - but the big question is how do we get that majority to take their blinders off? Especially without the vehicle of the MSM.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Erase

Wow, you have been well conditioned to think this way of doing things is the best way - regardless of all the glaring, murderous flaws in this system.

You seem to be of the opinion, like a good Illuminati slave, that it's this system or utter chaos and anarchy. You may also believe US is a democracy.

Can I respectfully encourage you to allow yourself to think that there just might be a better way of running things, and to wonder what that might be?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by daddio

OMG NEW YORK STATE Of America

Haven't you Looked at the Blue or Links in My Previous Post!!!! Obviously you do not Research Much or Look at Post Thoroughly !!

NEW YORK STATE, NEW YORK STATE

I don't care what "state" you are in, it might as well be the state of confusion. Equal protection under the LAW.............IS THE LAW.

I am not a "resident", are you? I AM a "transient inhabitant", it's all legal magical language, and if you do not know it, then I guess the so-called "law" applies to you and you only.

See, this is the problem, I need not read this crap because it does not apply to me. As long as I act responsibly and abide by the "regulations" then the rest is all BS.

I need NO LICENSE for anything, it is a natural born right to exist and to live, to gather FOOD, no matter what the source, so long as I trespass on no one or their property. The people ARE the State, so I can go on "state" land and hunt and fish as it belongs TO ALL PEOPLE of the state!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so damn hard to comprehend there?

Oh yea, THERE IS NO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this is all BS to begin with people!!!

The Promissory Note To Pay Our Debts
HJR-192 of June 5, 1933 is the promissory note (the promise of Abraham) the government issued to balance the exchange to credit the people. The Promissory note is on the debit side of the United States Governments ledger, which was a debited from their credit, created by the Executive Order of April 5, 1933 when they took the gold out of circulation. Public Policy is rooted in HJR-192 and is Grace that creates our exemption. This is your temporal saving grace. Under grace, the law falls away to create a more perfect contract. Public Policy removed the people's liability to make all payments by making a contract null if it required the payment to be in substance, because the people didn't have any money to pay with. All that must be done now is to discharge the liability. Pay and discharge are similar words but the principles are as different as Old and New Testaments. The word "pay" is equated with gold and silver, or something of substance like a first-born lamb, which requires tangible work to be invested in it to remove the liability because an execution must occur. The word "Discharge" is equated with paper, or even more basic, simple credits and debits, that exist on paper only, like the slate held by the agents/angels of heaven that get swiped clean. You cannot pay a bill with a bill and you cannot pay a debt with a debt. What HJR-192 did was, remove the liability of an obligor (someone obligated to pay a debt) by making it against Public Policy to pay debts. All that needs to be done now is discharge the debit with an appropriate credit "dollar for dollar." Debt must be discharged dollar for dollar in the same sense, as sin was discharged on the Cross. The moment a debt exists, it must be written off. The catch is, we can't write off the debt because we are not in possession of the account in deficit; our fiduciary agent is in possession of the account so we must provide him with the tax return (by the return of the original offer) so the fiduciary can discharge the liability through their internal revenue service (the bookkeeper). Most feel that when the money was taken out of society, the people became the slaves, this is not true, the people were freed from every obligation that society could create thus freeing the people from any obligation which they may incur simply because we cannot pay a debt. Ask yourself the question, What are you charging me with? And how do you expect Me to pay?
Simply said, there is no money, plain and simple for me to make the payment with and on top of that, if I were to pay, who is paying Me to pay that guy and who's paying that guy and so on... Public Policy is the supercedious bond because it limits our liability to pay. It is the more perfect contract because it operates on grace to pay our debts after we have done all that we can. We go as far as we can to fulfill the obligation (acceptance and tax return) and after we have done all we can, mercy and grace kick in being our exemption to make the payment. Grace creates our exemption in the industrial society so long as we accept the charge.

House Joint Resolution of 1933. They took the gold from the publics hands and so there is NO WAY TO PAY A DEBT. A "Federal Reserve Note" is a debt instrument, YOU can not pay a debt with a debt instrument, it does not settle the debt. I am dumbfounded why people do not understand what has been done to them and their country, or to us and OUR country known as AMERICA and NOT the U.S. but the U.S.A.

How many of you know the difference?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by daddio]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
I was born, I have a natural right to exist, I have a natural right to move anywhere I want and how I want. The Supreme Court has stated so in so many cases, the right to use of the roadway FREELY is a natural right and does not owe it's existance to government whcih was derived FROM the people int he first place.

Sorry you're thinking of the "Freedom of Movement", which prohibits travel restrictions, as in "You can't leave this city without permission", but this is not the same thing as licensing and public access. If you wish to drive a car, you will need to have a driver's licence. Drive without one, and claim your "natural right to move" (ie: Freedom of Movement) and you'll find yourself in jail. If your car runs on gasoline, you will pay a gasoline tax. If you move crap for commercial reasons, you will pay a use tax. If you drive on a toll road, you will pay a toll, good luck arguing your Constitutional rights with the guy in the toll booth.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Freedom of Movement (Source: Wikipedia)

I am responsible and I am accountable for my own actions. That's it.

Then build your own roads and stay off of mine, lol. (That's a joke, but it's made in light of your silly claim.)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join