It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle: Mom Brings Son Back to Life with Cuddles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Doctors say a new mom in Australia brought her premature son back to life by cuddling with him for two hours.

The baby was born at 27 weeks, just 2 pounds. His twin sister, Emily, was delivered first, breathing on her own and full of life. Then came Jamie.

Doctors worked on him, trying to get him to breathe. After 20 minutes, they declared him dead. The heartbroken parents say they took their lifeless son into their arms to say goodbye.

After a while, Mom Kate Ogg unwrapped him to hold him against her skin and something miraculous happened. He began to show signs of life.
source

Miracle? The strength of a Mother's love? Or both?

Ok, so, it could be the doctors just 'called' the little one dead too soon, but, I choose to believe in the strength of love and miracles.

I also believe there's a strong possibility having a twin, a living twin, influenced the 'dead' babies life force.

So wha'da'ya think a that!

peace

[edit on 28-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think that is awesome. So much doom and gloom around on a constant basis, its good to see miracles do still happen.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Too bad that couldn't work for all cases where children die before the parents.
As a parent myself, that is a super power I wish I had.
I have a question for MessOnTheFED!
What does MOTF mean? I'm a bit daft on my leet speak.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What a beautiful moment this must have been for mother and father!

I believe in the power of love, the power of wanting something so badly that you can will it to be, not everything and anything of course, but when it comes to love like this, so innocent and so true, anything is possible.

Thanks for the post Silo, it brightens ATS

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bad man incorporated

MOTF = MessOnTheFED!

Think if the federal government was one person and you were a huge pidgon. Plop!

No L337 speek here. Just an abreviation.

Sry about the breif derailment Silo. One time i was at my grandma's house and a bird flew into the sliding glass door. I though the little guy was dead when my grandma picked it up and held it in both of her hands. The little bird came to and managed to fly away. I was only a child then but i thought that was a miracle also.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank You For Brightening Up My Evening With This Wonderful Story.

Bless The Little Children.

Cheers,

t

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Most likely a walk-in a new spirit taking over the baby's old body.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

One time i was at my grandma's house and a bird flew into the sliding glass door. I though the little guy was dead when my grandma picked it up and held it in both of her hands. The little bird came to and managed to fly away. I was only a child then but i thought that was a miracle also.

Aww dang, I've got something in my eye... *sniffle sniffle*...

reply to post by xynephadyn

Hmmm, that's an interesting theory.
I don't think I'd tell the Mom and Dad that, but, interesting one the less.

peace

[edit on 28-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

What a beautiful moment this must have been for mother and father!

I can't even imagine that kind of joy!

And the baby girl, his sister, something just tells me she knew too!

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think they call it a Kangaroo cuddle and is often encourged as babies can start to sync their heart rates to the mothers and also the smell of the mother can stimulates the baby, makes sense really, seeing as they have spent 9 months inside their mother.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Whether or not that is correct, the answer will be a scientific and medical one mixed in with some luck. No miracle or power of love nonsense, but still a very nice story and probably felt like a 'miracle' for the parents. Nice to have a good story that isn't cheesy on ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Outstanding story, makes you wanna go hug a baby or small child

TY for a happy thread

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The power of touch, the laying of hands, reiki, have all been documented many times over as being successful. Add the mother and child bond and amazing things can happen.

Amazing stuff! Really brightened up my morning

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Awesome!!!

Though it makes you wonder about death. I have heard many stories of people who died, who possibly became conscious again. Perhaps dying isnt what we think it is. ?

But great find! Thank you!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Awwwww!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/685c04d519d6.jpg[/atsimg] photo source

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Studies have recently found that co-sleeping greatly reduces the risk of SIDS.

The reason being is that sids *may* be a heart or lung failure.Scientists have long known that if you put any two heart cells next to each other, they sync and start beating at the same time.

When a man and a woman cuddle for the night, they have the same heartbeat within a few hours. Which can make a woman groggy as it slows her down, and a man jump out of bed if it speeds his up.

So if a parent is cosleepign with a child, the heart cells snyc, if the child should stop breathing or beating, sometimes the heart cells synced from the mother act as a natural defribulator, and keep the child going.

Who knows how many times this has happened without parents realizing.

Maybe, because of the electrical current from the mother, combined with the surge of chemicals from grief, may have been enough to restart the child.

Or like others said, the child may have not been fully dead. This still does happen. Happened not to long ago and a man found himself in a morgue.

You can't blame the Victorians for tying strings to their fingers.

top topics

join