It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto in Gates' Clothing? The Emperor's New GMOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Monsanto in Gates' Clothing? The Emperor's New GMOs

www.huffingtonpost.com

the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is really placing its bets, the Foundation's investment of $23.1 million in 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock. Genetic engineering: full speed ahead.

Under the guise of "sustainability" the Foundation has been spearheading a multi-billion dollar effort to transform African into a GMO-friendly continent.

as Monsanto and Gates are fully aware--to establish a healthy GMO industry one first needs a strong conventional breeding program in place: labs, exper
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Monsanto, Rockerfeller Group, Microsoft and USAID.
What a deadly team, a tag team against humanity!
Their weapon? Food!

The world is changing for the worse...
Also soon say goodbye to Salmon

US authorities today began the process to approve the first GM animal for human consumption.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a 60-day period of consultation and public meetings over whether to permit a GM strain of salmon to be eaten by humans, even though it has been called a "frankenfish" by critics. The approval process could take less than a year, and if it gets the green light the fish could be on the market in 18 months.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now what?
Now we will have to either grow our own organic farms until all seeds are GM seeds.
Then we will have to go get our food in the wild.
But wait..

Grad student finds genetically modified crops growing in the wild

Cloned canola has been located growing "widely along roadsides in North Dakota," according to a New York Times environmental blog.

Researchers, including UAF grad student Meredith Shafer, scoured 3,000 miles of roadway in North Dakota. Every five miles they extracted a growing canola plant. The group collected 604 plants and 80 percent of their finds were genetically modified.

A statement issued by Monsanto said the appearance of the crops is not that big of a deal because 90 percent of U.S. and Canadian canola crops is biotech

www.examiner.com...

Isn't that great?

Remember being a kid watching the jetsons? You would see them eat superfoods sometimes, like just a pill. You would be like wow... but now..... the scriptwriter of that cartoon should have been a conspiracy theorist.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Seeing how Bill Gates has invested in 500,000 shares of Monsanto made me think that it's not a bad way for me to invest, but something tells me that it would be like selling my soul to the devil.

Seriously though, I feel like this is one of the most important issues facing our society today. After all, we are what we eat and throughout history people have never consumed so much chemicals and poisons. I truly believe that it's not possible to be happy and healthy if you don't eat well and it seems like as the days go by it is becoming ever harder to avoid GMO's.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

Seeing how Bill Gates has invested in 500,000 shares of Monsanto made me think that it's not a bad way for me to invest, but something tells me that it would be like selling my soul to the devil.

I was thinking the same thing. haha but then I am selling my soul to the devil. It seems there is no escape. Pretty soon all our food will be GM and we will have no choice but to eat it or starve.

Take a look at this bill in the senate now:

S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming.

www.topix.com...

Also:
www.opencongress.org...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Happyfeet84]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No surprise here. Bill Gates has his money and his hands in most cutting edge petri dish endeavors. He's pro-population control, pro-vaccination (thus anti-imune system/natural defenses), and pro-bioengineered foods. No wonder he bent over and took it from the global governments when they unlawfully slammed Microsoft with a ridiculous anti-trust suit based solely on the fact that they had become too large and too powerfull (neither of which is illegal, btw).

top topics

join