It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi pilot killed as Eurofighter crashes in Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Saudi pilot killed as Eurofighter crashes in Spain

A Eurofighter aircraft has crashed at Spain's Morón air base with one fatality, the Spanish ministry of defence has confirmed.

The combat aircraft, which was on a regular training flight, crashed into the ground "moments after take-off" from the base near Seville, according to the ministry's statement.

(CLICK HERE for full article)
(CLICK HERE for more info)
Firstly I appologise as this is in the wrong section, I would have liked to have posted it in the "Weaponry" or "Military & Gov. Projects" but as this is my 1st post it won't let me and the system is forcing me to post here.

Secondly.... Hello, I'm no stranger to ATS and have been an avid reader/follower of this site for some seven years and have had an interest in conspiracies and ufo's for longer. I work for a big defence contractor and occasionaly might have some inside info.

Well thats my intro over and I look forward to contributing and joining in discussions in the future

SciFiSi

[edit on 26/8/2010 by SciFiSi]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Interesting in that it was on a training mission and the trainer, a Spanish pilot, was able to eject and is said to be doing well.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SciFiSi

Dear SciFiSi

It may be another lunatic Muslim on a suicide mission. Do you think it will come out if it was. Me thinks not.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SciFiSi

Hi SciFiSi,

Welcome to ATS!!! (this is the introduction forum)

I hope you will enjoy your stay...........ahhh forget it, you probably posted in the wrong forum.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hi Operation Mindcrime... you were right this is my 1st post and the ATS forum won't let me post in any other section.

Thanks for the welcome

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SciFiSi

SciFiSi,

Well, why not get the 20 post restriction out of the way so you can indeed post in the correct forum?

You are not beyond the point of editing your OP so you can say something about yourself and I will help you achieve those 20 posts in no-time....

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sorry to go slightly off topic here, but as you will see it is on topic although tenuously.

The Roswell UFO crash stories.

One major complaint people make is "how could they be so advanced yet still crash after getting here??" Well this Eurofighter Typhoon crash is your perfect example of WHY.

No matter how advanced your avionics technology becomes, crashing is still a reality you must face. And pretty common in fact.

Aircraft will always be prone to crashing no matter how advanced they become.

And the Eurofighter IS one of the most advanced human jets around, it's almost as high tech as the F22 or F35. And those aircraft crash and will crash as well, due to simple mechanical issues or computer software mishaps.

So, this is why the argument against spaceships crashing is silly. Because all aircraft can crash. Gravity exists and is always an issue. Even million year advanced spacecraft will and do crash. It's just the reality we have to deal with. No technology is perfect after all, no matter how advanced.

BTW welcome to ATS...lol

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Agreed Abecedarian.... it is a little odd that the Spanish pilot (the instructor) ejected and not the Saudi trainee. I'm qualified and trained in fitting ejection seats, in the rear cockpit of the Eurofighter there is a "Command Mode Selector" lever which has 3 positions SOLO / BOTH & FRONT. SOLO is for when there is no-one in the rear seat and upon ejection only the front seat fires. BOTH does what it say's on the tin, if any seat handle is pulled, both seats will fire and FRONT will allow the rear seat to eject leaving the front seat in the aircraft or if the front seat is "pulled" both seats will fire. So I can assume the aircraft was configured in the FRONT mode and the Spanish pilot in the rear seat must have seen the imminent disaster and ejected. For some reason the Saudi pilot did not eject, either he thought he could recover the aircraft or was just too late.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by SciFiSi

Dear SciFiSi

It may be another lunatic Muslim on a suicide mission. Do you think it will come out if it was. Me thinks not.

MAC269 Mmmmm.... the Saudi pilot was a lieutenant colonel from the Saudi Arabian air force, unlikely this high ranking pilot was a "lunatic Muslim on a suicide mission"!

It does surprise me when people jump to conclusions like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Heard the news slightly mentioned on national radio at noon yesterday. I was quite shocked to hear there are saudi arabian pilots flying Eurofighters above my head....

Some years ago a spanish military pilot while on a training flight thought would be nice to fly near his girlfriends summer residence just to say "hello i love you baby" window to window and crashed the MOD EDIT -Removed pointless attempt at circumavigating the automatic censor plane accidentally into the house, killing the girl and himself and someone else.

Please do not evade the automatic censors

[edit on 26/8/10 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SciFiSi
reply to post by abecedarian

Agreed Abecedarian.... it is a little odd that the Spanish pilot (the instructor) ejected and not the Saudi trainee. I'm qualified and trained in fitting ejection seats, in the rear cockpit of the Eurofighter there is a "Command Mode Selector" lever which has 3 positions SOLO / BOTH & FRONT. SOLO is for when there is no-one in the rear seat and upon ejection only the front seat fires. BOTH does what it say's on the tin, if any seat handle is pulled, both seats will fire and FRONT will allow the rear seat to eject leaving the front seat in the aircraft or if the front seat is "pulled" both seats will fire. So I can assume the aircraft was configured in the FRONT mode and the Spanish pilot in the rear seat must have seen the imminent disaster and ejected. For some reason the Saudi pilot did not eject, either he thought he could recover the aircraft or was just too late.

Sad to say in this case, that is exactly what TRAINING is all about. And while the front guy was busy flying the plane (or not), the back guy, the trainer, was watching. Yet, obviously, there was a mistake. With a novice pilot at the controls the selector switch should have been in the "BOTH" position.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SciFiSi

Dear SciFiSi

I do not leap as you put it too a conclusion like this for no reason. Have a look at this link. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't know that area of Spain (not all airbases are out in the middle of nowhere), but sometimes a pilot going down with their aircraft is actually the heroic thing to do. This can be the case when the decision is between putting yourself first and bailing out or risking many other lives that may be on the ground. It wouldn't be a first.

Don't be so quick to judge based on nationality, etc. One should take a look at the whole picture.

top topics

join