It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Official Confirms 2008 Cyber Attack - Terrorists have stolen classified documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
techdailydose.nationaljournal.com...

"The 2008 intrusion that led to Operation Buckshot Yankee was not the only successful penetration," he wrote. "Adversaries have acquired thousands of files from U.S. networks and from the networks of U.S. allies and industry partners, including weapons blueprints, operational plans, and surveillance data."

Announced today just hours ago, 8/25/10. This is coming on the heels of the Wikileaks paper leak today. Odd that today out of all days would be the day some 2 years later to reveal that terrorists have our classified documents and may attempt to use them against us. What say you?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I agree, it seems like an odd coincidence. Why now? is the question that springs to mind.

Perhaps they're trying to link Assange to terrorists?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yeah, theyre probably intiating "damage control"

They dont have to make a stand to one side or the other just yet, but this sets them up for a good back pedaling into a new cover story

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Shadowfoot]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I cannot believe this, based on the fact that sensitive stuff does not make it to the internet, it is kept on hard drives not connected to the www in any way, the three letter agencies have their own little internet thing, they are on it, but you are not. To hack this info one would have to physically be on the premises and have a hub connection and know at least three strong passwords to access the mainframe, even then every log-on is logged, sent to another secure site, recorded on hard copy and filed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

I agree. I am thinking this makes an excellent contingency plan. To date the government has never denied authenticity of Wikileaks documents. Rather their story is always the release of them puts someone at risk of injury or death. What happens when something damning comes forward. They claim to the population that terrorists released the documents to Wikileaks and therefore, Wikileaks is a terrorist sympathizer.

This whole story is entertaining for those of us that just want the truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is what happens when hackers, anti-gov't types and people with minimal public relations skills handle things like this. Him and his crew got thier 15 minutes of fame and is probable going to go down as a martyr to the cause, however you can only taunt the U.S. so much, especially with it's own media, before the gov't takes notice. I agree with what WL is trying to do, I really do. However this whole rise to fame was handled very amaturishly and the U.S. media and gov't exploited EVERY bit of his and WL naivete' in handling things of this magnitude. It is a shame really.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
this is insane!!!! laying the groundwork for flipping the internet kill switch i imagine. where is our governments integrity? do they answer to no one? The internet is becoming increasingly powerful in the exchange of information. its all we have left!

new topics

top topics

join