It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Explosion's on Jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Anthony Wesley and Christopher Go simultaneously videorecorded a bright flash on Jupiter last June 3rd.
And on August 21st Japan's Masayuki Tachikawa captured a 2-second-long flash on the planet's disk.
The location was along the northern edge of Jupiter's North Equatorial Belt, roughly at 17° north and System II longitude 140°.
There's various videos and pictures of these explosions if you google them. But here's a picture:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

i'm not well versed in atmospheric or meteorological phenomenon.
we have been watching that planet for awhile now, but i am not sure if this is something that has occurred in the past with Jupiter.
or has it not been noticed before?

perhaps you could post more information in this thread, links and sources concerning this phenomenon with Jupiter for fellow ATS members?

thanks for the pic and for sharing this with us,
ET

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Could it be a strike from a meteor, a rather large unknown meteor? That would be my guess.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Extremely high altitude lightning?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There are lightning storms on Jupiter all the time virtually 24/7. Therefore that doesn't mean that the flashes are automatically from explosions.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
There are lightning storms on Jupiter all the time virtually 24/7. Therefore that doesn't mean that the flashes are automatically from explosions.

Agreed. That's why my first reaction was lightning. We do know that there are electrical storms on Jupiter that make electrical storms here on Earth look like friction arcs in comparison. I'm no expert, but I would think that a 2 second flash would be fairly common, with there even being much longer flashes. Electrical storms in such a hostile environment can even last years on Jupiter, no?

top topics

join