It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado rips through sleepy Suffolk village leaving trail of destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow cant belive it, another "freak" tornado hits the UK.

A freak tornado left a trail of destruction after it ripped through a quiet Suffolk village without warning. The twister destroyed a 250-year-old forge, wrecked a car, uprooted trees, blew down a chimney, ripped off tiles and tore off roofs from a house and outbuildings.
Power and telephone lines were also brought down as the 120mph wind swept across the outskirts of Great Livermere, near Bury St Edmunds.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I wonder if anybody managed to get any footage of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I did think this was going to happen along with others
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe people should spend less time mocking and more time listening. Its all going on.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Your thread is very interesting thank you for the link to it.

I have felt that there is a great change happening and has been rapidly getting faster as the years pass by.

I think its only a matter of time now, before something earth changing happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Actually we don't really have freak tornados at all as we have more tornados per square mile than the USA I read on one of the uk tornado websites.

Luckily they are weaker than the american cousins.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Tornados as in wind not the tornado jets.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

What i meant to say was we dont see many T3 - T5 tornadoes as often as America say.

When land areas are taken into account, the United Kingdom actually has the highest frequency of reported tornadoes per unit area in the world.

So in the news article they say the wind speed was around 120 mph. This would make it around an T4.

So i still stand by it being a freak tornado as this one was an T4!

[edit on 24/8/10 by boo1981]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Grow up will you!

In fact we get more tornadoes per square mile than the USA, since we are a much smaller country and there are vast areas of the USA that don't get any at all but, of course, the ones we get are very small, and only take the roofs off sheds, or lift a few fishes and frogs from garden ponds

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tornado's are not uncommon in UK neither are occurances of them doing damage, like the one in Birmingham which hit July 2005

reply to post by boo1981

Not quite, The Netherlands has the most per sq mile in the world followed by the UK

[edit on 24/8/10 by Discotech]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Your right they are not uncommon. My point was that we don't get many T4 and T5 tornadoes. Thus making them freak tornadoes.

Thanks for mentioning the Birmingham tornado. I lived right near there and moved two months before it happened!!

And yes i think i did see that about the Netherlands

EDIT: from F to T!

[edit on 24/8/10 by boo1981]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Oh it being an F4 to F5 is definately a freak occurance but freak occurances do happen and definately aren't anything to hold a candle to in terms of trouble ahead.

If we were getting F4's & upwards on a regular basis after having only freak occurances of them, THEN there would be something to worry about lol

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I forgot to point out that my son was born on the day of the Birmingham tornado

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The tornado is a "T4" not an "F4". If it were an F4 than the houses across the street would have been demolished. An F4 is based on damage and you could bet it's about a T8 or T9.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mars007

Woops my bad, i did mean T4 not "F4".

The affects of insomnia are now starting to kick in!

Thanks for pointing that out.

top topics

join