It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Gigatronix

Well I do judge. People sitting around doing nothing is wasting time. At least have something educational or amazing on. But sitting around the modern circus maximus and watching mechanical horses go around in circles? The hell is that?

Sorry, my life is too important to waste on such Trivial stupidities. Sure I play video games. But I look at the story. No story, nothing to learn. nothing to learn, no play.

So yea, I think I do get the point. In that layering the universe into more than it is is pretty useless.

It's like the difference between a Corinthian column and a plain square pillar. They both do the same thing, so why waste time decorating something when you can just put up a blank pillar and be done? I don't decorate my universe. The universe is a pillar. You can enjoy your Corinthian columns. But they won't get you anywhere. They'll just look pretty. Pillars, placed right, do so much more.
Geez what is it with people missing the point. The runescape reference had nothing to with its value as a recreation, and everything to do with using the game as a philosophical object of comparison. Get with the program.

The rest of your post is wasted as it's nothing more than an off topic opinion that barely made any sense.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

OMG.

What you quoted me as saying was not directed at you, I don't know why you're responding to it. I was actually defending you. But anyways....

Yes I am familiar with MMO's,seeing how I have 3 lvl 80s in World of Warcraft and counting.

I told you I thought the runescape reference was cool, I don't agree with it philosophically but it was still an interesting way of looking at it.

Want to get back on topic and adress my relevant comments, or waste more time explaining things I already know?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

A philosophy I outright reject. And one that cannot be applied to me. See previous post. Very much so with the program.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Ok then say you reject it and why, dont go off into some diatribe about people wasting their time when 3 posts later you're comparing your own life to some depressed dude sitting around in the desert doing nothing.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I do not consider it a waste. I reject it because I have no goals in life. And I think playing a video game to have goals is pretty much lamer than lame.

The philosophy cannot be applied to me because I do not "play" the "game" of life. I do whatever. When somebody asks me to help, I do. When I am ordered to design something, I do. I don't have goals nor objectives. I just use what I have and wonder through life. When I die I die. There is no desire for the restart button. I'd rather rest in heaven or the dirt, whatever happens.

I would much more favor having no body and simply watching life than creating a lie of a life like in a MMO or something and having goals. I learn more by observing and studying.

The greatest thing that could happen to me would be to become a ghost with art supplies, and simply document what I see and enjoy it, passing it on to some random bloke.

That is why it cannot be applied to me.

I am not the same as the person who watches a tv show or NASCAR and does nothing with their life. I learn. I watch and learn and imagine improvements and different ways. I design and create. I don't do nothing. I don't sit there and watch it, or click button and make a fake life in a video game. I watch and learn. I hear the story and feel the characters. I am much more like a personality parasite, feeling the objectives and goals of another and watching how the individual goes about doing them. I learn from what they do right and reject what they do wrong. Its not the same as playing the game of life, because I am not interfering. Though if somebody needs my help I will certainly aid them if they ask or if I feel up to the desire. But I don't do that for any other reason than to help.

As somebody said, the world is a corpse. I enjoy watching it rote, taking note of the form of that rote.Where it decays fastest. What resists the best. What creates from that rote, only to rote itself.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There we go, now we're getting somewhere. I must admit that it seems you have a negative view of things, almost kinda macabre, with all wantin to be a ghost stalking people and documenting them... but whatever floats yer boat? Perhaps I'm not understanding properly, but that's ok, it only needs to make sense to you.

If you like "people watching" wouldn't an MMO be a great place to see a unique subset of people in action? I can tell you that the conversations among many people ina game like that travels the whole spectrum. I've seen downright vulgar, appalling, disgusting, depraved chat you could possibly imagine. I've also seen conversations that would give any skilled debator on this site a run for their money, on any subject. You get to see economic theories play out in real time. Video games like that have their own forms of discrimination, racism, and elitism. Obviously it's not for you, and I'm not suggesting you revisit it, just saying that it's fertile ground for observing people.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Like always, wtf is a space fairing civilization doing with biological labor?

I mean really? Ok I can understand chillaxing all bored and designing random things than hitting it. But labor? really? that's your best example for why?

Sometimes I really desire to understand how their brains work. That they could miss the big fat captain obvious sign for robots.

I feel sorry for the Alien Creationists. At least all the other creationists in the world have a religion and a book to back it up.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No because that requires me to partake into it. I desire to be like god, simply put. i enjoy the position of the observer in the sky seeing all. But I am not god, and so cannot be what I want to truly be.

My experience of MMO is that of faking real life to create another life. Not needed. I am me. I need no lies nor character. I only need me.

Not stalking. pretty much just legit being a scientific ghost.

I am stoic. Stoicism inevitably leads to skepticism. That inevitably leads to a negative view of things.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No because that requires me to partake into it. I desire to be like god, simply put. i enjoy the position of the observer in the sky seeing all. But I am not god, and so cannot be what I want to truly be.

Play The Sim 3. It's not MMORPG. It's life/society simulation where you play alone. But you're the God in that game. The people you create has their own free will, basic need and motivation. You, as 'God' can intervene. The game has no specific goal. It's open ended. There are many godlike PC Games but this one try to imitate real life philosophy. I played this game a lot. It was interested to see how those little people, our creation, get to interact each other, married, having career, having family on their own and die. Sometime become ghost.
Yes it's was interesting for awhile but you'll get bored at some point as you see the same thing over and over. Perhaps that explain why God would rather turn on our free will than intervene.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Like I said. Why? Why decorate? Why show off? Is there a point? oh look, my home looks better than you're home. Now I do agree with some Arabic styles sure. But it's pointless if it does nothing for the flow and continuality of the structure. Why make all those patterns when you can make something far better that invokes so much more.

A can't believe you are really that BLIND ???

MAN Know Thy SELF...

From "The Gospel of Thomas"...... Quote;

"If you will not know yourselves,
you dwell in poverty

and it is you who are that poverty.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just wanted to peak in and see how this thread has evolved
Looks like it might be getting legs and crawling out of the ocean soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I do know myself. Twice in my life I have had events that basically are described like seeing myself but not seeing it as me. I view my soul as me. I do not need to decorate my world. I do not need to add silly things that have no purpose. I know myself very well. And that is a direct result from knowing God. I know that I am a soul. I am bound by this flesh. I have adopted a stoic life by proxy because I simply see no point to all this silliness. To take an architectural view on things, I only need what suffices me existence plus the sucking up of knowledge.

That aside, I fail to see how your reply is relevant to what I said. Why do you need all that geometric bullsh*t. Again I do not wish to insult you, but I fail to see the necessity of it all. In your pictures, I would be the grid. Pure existence and nothing more. Perhaps a few colors to represent what I need to live. Red for the output, the blood into the system. Silver for the input, the solid metallic knowledge I seek. Maybe a streak of black to represent the wholeness of what I am.

In fact, if I were to take your image and make myself, I would get this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3d9938f72cf9ae4f.png[/atsimg]

That's a pretty good view of me. I view things simply, with a red and black lens to consider a view from, but to not necessarily be the right view from.

reply to post by EasternShadow

Sims 1 was the only thing that went well for me and I still do not know why. But I never got bored with it. I just grew out of it. If I were to install it I would have fun. But I know it is not real, thus it defeats the purpose. Each sim barely even has a few hundred megabytes of data on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Sims 1 was the only thing that went well for me and I still do not know why. But I never got bored with it. I just grew out of it. If I were to install it I would have fun. But I know it is not real, thus it defeats the purpose. Each sim barely even has a few hundred megabytes of data on it.

That's right. Just few hundred megabytes of data. That's what happen when we try to have God's consciousness. We are imperfect. There are too much reality our mind and tools could cope. We have theories. We have scientific laws. But honestly can any scientist be absolute confident we have all the tools to define proof? For hundred of years we have no other than Newton, General and Special Relativity. That's fine. But spontaneous and natural selection theory?
( No offence ) Yet we have not yet come any closer to any new and better theories and much of our universe remain mystery. Will we improve our understanding of creation and evolution. That I don't doubt. Will we find the truth. That I don't doubt. Will we have all the infinite answers. That I highly doubt.
We could eat fruit of knowledge and know much as we can. Some might see themselves naked and turn away from God while some remain faithful. But will it let us know God's consciousness. I highly doubt it.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

If you do know yoursef.... you would recognise the "Processing System" of the Soul...

Its Not me you curse.... with your ignorance, but that which has produced the very "Processing System" which manifests your body and environment for you...

Looks like you carry a very large chip on your sholder, regarding LIFE...

Your war is Not with me.... but is with LIFE....

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
LOOOOOOL, 30 page thread trying to debunk a theory that hasn't been debunked in over 150yrs, even though tons of people have tried

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

LMAO, What a joke of a thread. You religious folk don't like it because it proves "intelligent" design wrong.

It proves all these stupid ass fantasies in the bible are incorrect and contradictory.

This is all that needs to be said. So many replies and so little interest, can't you see the Zeitgeist is anti-religion. No one cares about stupid ideas of a God that we will never prove in our lifetimes. Faith is an irrational human concept. Believe theories without evidence.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I have no war. For I have nothing to fight for.

I have no chip on my shoulder. I have no regard for special treatment nor kings, etc.

The soul is not a central processing unit. It is the person using the flesh. The person operating the machine. Behind the curtain.

Again, you're not answering my queue. What is the point of all that added stuff when you can just have the grid and some lenses to see things from multiple perspectives? There is no need for that silliness and stuff. You see the world.

Throw away all this nonsense that 10,000 years of human civilization as generated. Throw it all away. To use your example, you simply have the grid. The Tabula Rasa of the flesh. The person looking at the grid is the soul. The soul can throw the grid to the winds and let the environment make it, or can carefully and calculatedly add pieces to the grid that create a character. A form. A thing to exist by. To have mere geometry is one way, but it seems far too much so a method to look cool than to define yourself. This symmetry, this perfect centralized order. It speaks of me. Of I. Of being single and alone. break the symmetry. Add only what is needed. The pure grid with some lens to get added perspective. You are done. You are an individual of thought and existence. Now you can begin to work off that initial structure to create a hierarchy and a really awesome person working for God.

reply to post by EasternShadow

Well I desire the tree of knowledge. Also just because we don't understand it 100% does not mean that we cannot use it. Did you know we can build warp engines today if we wanted to? That by 2015 we would have access to the whole of the galaxy and beyond? It's not fully understood, but we know how to. It's like electricity. We discovered it, and used it, for over a century before even comprehending the most basic understanding of what the electron is exactly.

Besides. God makes it quite clear that we are not going to get the tree of knowledge until after the last day. So why bother trying to seek it? Just do as God says and live your life well. Your reward of the tree will come later as a result.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by airspoon

It is not the unexplained that leads me to believe in GOD, it is the explained.

Technology is explained, and our own creation, at least partially hence the atoms, the electrons, the laws of the universe etc etc was already there, we just manipulated to design these technologies.

So the argument that I'm somehow claiming GOD because I don't understand, is a false claim.

It is rather the opposite.

Is it explained ? its more like lied from day one, omg bah..

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Romans 1:20 - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

I havent posted on this site in a while, but i thought id poke in and share my thoughts on this thread and some of the other ones.

Evolution is a rather funny topic... I will admit there are some scientifically sound theories out there explaining some of the observable mutations / variations we see. but there are far more ideas out there that make absolutely no sense and really have no scientific ground.
As for the things we cannot explain, both evolution and creationism put their boundary on them.
i like to apply conditional statements to both theories... and although i do believe in creation, I still apply my conditional statements to both theories and come to a hypothesis or a theory based on what i observe. By conditional statements, I mean "If then " basic scientific troubleshooting.

im not going to point out any one thing in evolution or creation since i find them both relying on mostly faith to exist.

from a philosophical standpoint, (the way i see it) evolution is favored because it frees one from all accountability to an ultimate creator. creation is favored because it gives one purpose/goals/meaning/role etc out of the box... with evolution you have to come with those on your own & ones that society agrees with (society tends to either outlaw or adopt certain trends based on their likes and dislikes... sometimes ethical, sometimes not so ethical, but how do you generate the absolute standard in the first place if evolution is true?) since you do not have those out of the box. you may get them from a superior/parent/guardian etc. but where are they getting theirs from? are theirs ethical? right? wrong? etc how do you know? how do you determine?

just my thoughts, i tried to keep this unbiased but i know it came across skewed toward the creationist side.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

Any meat to that statement that evolution theories have parts that make no sense?

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join