It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDR Pearl Harbor Conspiracy....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is a good documentary about the conspiracy of the attack on Pearl Harbor! Some argue that various parties knew of the attack in advance and may even have let it happen or encouraged it in order to force America into war. Film includes issues of The Pearl Harbor advance – knowledge debate and others.

During the lead up to the attack, the commander of the Japanese task force, Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo, received bulletins from Vice Consul Tadashi Morimura in Hawaii. Morimura’s real name was Takeo Yoshikawa, a Japanese naval officer who had been assigned to Hawaii on espionage duty in April 1941.

Yoshikawa’s bulletins were intercepted, decrypted, and translated by the Office of Naval Intelligence, and the intercepts were also sent to Washington, but Admiral Kimmel did not receive this information. He omits mentioning that many of these were not decrypted or translated before the Japanese attack.

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video yet but I remember reading about this in the past. It was said that during WWII, at a time when Churchill was begging the U.S. to enter the war and help defeat Hitler, that only 3% of the American population were in favor of doing so. After the attack on Pearl Harbor it was more like 98% in favor of going to war.

There was a documentary entitled "Why We Fight" that also delved into this question. The late Howard Zinn was another very informative speaker on this subject.

One more thing, I remember reading somewhere that prior to 9-11, there was a report, generated by the DOD regarding American sentiment with respect to U.S. military escalation in the middle east, that was said to have been delivered to President Bush & staff. The report allegedly stated that it would take another "Pearl Harbor" type event to get the American people behind a middle east war effort, like invading Iraq.

I try not to be too cynical but I wouldn't put anything past TPTB.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I really enjoy this one about FDR and Pearl Harbor. It's like your first date, you just remember it. This one has been around a long time. Long before the internet was even thought of.

I have just a couple of things to mention before we start getting stupid and using the internet for source material.

JP-25 was the Japanese Naval code, it had not been broken before Dec of 41

The Japanese diplomatic code (actually a cipher system named Purple) was broken before Dec 1941 and diplomatic traffic could be read. They used a double code system so even plain copy reading of the message was still hidden.

The Japanese fleet used strict radio silence. There was no warning from radio traffic or directional finding systems, and this is why there was a surprise attack at Pearl Harbor.

Roosevelt took many steps to make the Japs want to attack us, but that is totally different than knowing they will attack.

I didn't watch the video, chance are, I already know what is going to be said.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have yet to watch the video, but I will soon. I just wanted to add my thoughts first.

Many people don't know that America had been provoking the Japanese in the many months leading up to the attack. The US had declared itself neutral, though wasn't following the rules of neutrality. Instead, we were constantly arming and supply Japan's enemies, such as Great Britain. We were doing this blatantly, right in front of the Japanese, almost the same as flipping an already hot-headed person off and begging for a fight. This in of itself is pretty much an act of war. The Japanese would complain about this, yet the Americans kept it up in an unnerving taunt.

It is more clear than ever, that FDR and the US government wanted... no needed Japan to attack and most likely so that it would give us an excuse to go to war. FDR knew that the popular opinion of the American public was to stay out of this war that was raging across Asia and beginning in Europe. We needed to be attacked first in order for the public to go along with it and FDR knew that Japan would be the country most capable of attacking us.

The Japanese knew that America was going to get into the war, one way or the other. The arming and supplying of Japan's enemies was a serious threat to the raging empire and so Japan decided to attack the American fleet that was amassing half-way to their motherland.

Many people falsely believe that Japan just attacked us out of the blue and that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, one of Japan's leading Admirals, Isoroku Yamamoto, had studied at Harvard in Boston and knew the industrial might of the USA. Japan knew that if America got into the war, they would be fighting an uphill battle and arguably, Japan didn't want to fight us. However, the supplying of Japan's enemies by the US was seriously endangering the empire's war efforts and when it became clear to the Japanese that America wasn't going to stop, even after Japan made a stink over it on several occasions, they very carefully decided to attack first in hopes of evening the odds.

The attack was anything but out of the blue and we had been practically begging for it.

Now, to watch the film...

--airspoon

[edit on 20-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
From what I understand, we were expecting an attack; I had a co-worker who was stationed at Pearl Harbor at the time of the attack...he once made a statement that they were expecting an attack for several days beforehand - that was truly one of the strangest remarks I'd ever heard because I thought it was a complete surprise - a sucker punch of sorts.

But then we know that we were expecting terrorist attacks (not that they used that phrase) - becuase all the aircraft on Hickam Field were lined up in tight formation so the could guard them better (our mistake as the Japanese destroyed them rather easily).

I would still doubt that FDR or any President would allow our forces to be decimated in such a manner - remember, Japan declared war on the U.S. - had our ships been out to sea, and had our planes been ready for takeoff, the results would have been the same (war) but the loss of life and equipment would have been greatly reduced.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

This is one of the pieces of evidence to support the US government
enticed the attack by the japanese.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

There is additional info out there, but I think this alone points
to the fact that all was not as it seemed.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

the brits had the jp 25 broken as early as 1939, the Aussie coast watch had the code as well, the US had its version called "MAGIC" early 1940, a code clerk was going to leak this info to the public back in 1940 from Bletchley Park,before he could, he was arrested, and severed time in prison till the end of the war, all this is now known and can be found on the net and web.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

Dear bowlbyville

FDR was looking at the big picture and he considered Pearl Harbor or a like a small price to pay.

In my opinion and of PhD’s mentioned in the documentary it was all a set up from start to finish. Notice the similarities to 9/11 that are even mention as well.

FDR knew that the US had to be in that war and PH was the way to get the US people to back the idea.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Most if not all the Battleships were way out of date an expendable so were the Planes on the ground compared to say the Spitfire an Zero, so i guess it was another way of getting the funds to rebuild an go to War....

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

You will not get an argument about enticement. The McCollum memo is an open secret for over 50 years. Talk to anyone who knew of these actions within the memo and they will tell you the military actions were strictly a sideshow. The real cause for war was the embargo placed on Japan. Specifically, scrap steel and oil.

There is a fine line between knowing of an attack as opposed to enticing someone to attack. FDR may have thought about Japan attacking the USA, but to say he knew that a Sunday attack in December has no supported documents.

There was a strategy memo produced by the US Navy telling itself that a Sunday morning attack would be most effective as the ships and ports are least manned at that point for defensive purposes. Once again, though, that is different than telling someone that an attack will happen on 7 Dec. This memo was released around May-June of 1941 I believe. I'd have to look it up for an actual release date.

When you look at Japan's attacks and what was taken as territory. Raw material for industrial use was first and foremost, with a defensive perimeter of islands second. This strategy is off topic and for a different thread.

The Day of Deceit link you provided has been fairly well proven to be a work of fiction. The author took enormous leaps of his limited knowledge in a vain attempt to to prove points that his own references do not support. It would be a great read for most people within ATS, but you have to remember; it is revisionist history with no historical support.

join