It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mis-reading my own intuition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
When I was eleven or twelve I had a strange premonition like thing. I am open to getting some clarity on it from the ATS collective...if possible.

I was walking on the side of the road and I had a sudden urge to protect my groin area with the skateboard I had in my right hand. (like swing it in front of my groin area) However I left my skateboard at my side.

The impression/feeling was new to me, and it was confusing. Within a few moments a car full of dudes came over the hilltop horizon. One d-bag in the backseat threw a tennis ball and it hit me in the groin.

Had I put my skateboard in front of that area would it have protected me?
Or would it have resulted in said d-bag changing his target area and then throwing it at my face?
Or did I manifest the experience somehow with my own thoughts ? I don't see how I could have manifested it. It seems more like a premonition...ATS!!!???????
Help

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I've been thinking about it for the past 20 some odd years. Maybe someone has some insight. No it's not fake, nor is it made up. I can get attention when I want it , most of the time, and that's not what this is about. I'm just looking for answers.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Assuming that this wasn't a common or daily occurance, with the thuggish kids throwing tennis balls, then I'd say that you might well have had one of those little "sixth sense" moments.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Assuming that this wasn't a common or daily occurance, with the thuggish kids throwing tennis balls, then I'd say that you might well have had one of those little "sixth sense" moments.

It was not daily. though you make wonder about whether or not it was planned. I was a new kid at a new school and all the dudes wanted to kick my ass because the girls thought I was cute. Also I was in a new neighborhood...
I think it was a sixth sense thing. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by Hefficide

It was not daily. though you make wonder about whether or not it was planned. I was a new kid at a new school and all the dudes wanted to kick my ass because the girls thought I was cute. Also I was in a new neighborhood...
I think it was a sixth sense thing. Thanks for your reply.

Not so much planned actually. Sorry I didn't mean that. I mean more along the lines of like "hey there's that guy, yeah, hit him with that ball , dude" or something like that.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Well interesting story..thanks for sharing
IMHO the purpose (if there is indeed a such) depends upon your perspective, how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
From one perspectice it could be a defensive instinctual mechanism, protecting your physical body - like when animals have some sort of precognition of earthquakes and other dangerous stuff.
From another perspective it could be a part of your learningproces as a incarnated soul (if such a entity exists) - it makes you ponder on the nature of reality, the interconnectiveness of everything (one-ness) - that reality connects with you on many levels beyond the surface which we sense with our normal senses.
You would not be who you are today without that experience, or rather without the insights it lead you to.
But again, that´s just me guessing, but that is what came up in my mind, reading your story, a coincidence or not (if coincidences do exist)
So I don´t know, but have a sincere wish that this was even a little bit helpfull

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe

Well interesting story..thanks for sharing
IMHO the purpose (if there is indeed a such) depends upon your perspective, how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
From one perspectice it could be a defensive instinctual mechanism, protecting your physical body - like when animals have some sort of precognition of earthquakes and other dangerous stuff.
From another perspective it could be a part of your learningproces as a incarnated soul (if such a entity exists) - it makes you ponder on the nature of reality, the interconnectiveness of everything (one-ness) - that reality connects with you on many levels beyond the surface which we sense with our normal senses.
You would not be who you are today without that experience, or rather without the insights it lead you to.
But again, that´s just me guessing, but that is what came up in my mind, reading your story, a coincidence or not (if coincidences do exist)
So I don´t know, but have a sincere wish that this was even a little bit helpfull

It was very helpful , laffoe. And I am deeply appreciative. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The fundamental rule when exploring life outside of the norm is to always listen to your thoughts the question is how? this is how each and everyone of us has to find out for ourselves.

What your asking in this thread is impossible to answer as its a personal development and should be treated as such. Any such words from other people will be simply 'words' in one ear out the other.

The key to all of this is personal development, it sounds a cop out but ask anyone who meditates on a frequent basis to explain their experiences, they won't/can't because it won't pertain to anyone else apart from themselves.

If this is confusing you. I always say to people (who ask me about clarity of thought) if you have something on your mind write it down so that you can have space in your mind to think once you have exhausted all of your thoughts,ideas,chores e.t.c and written them down, then you can start to fill the empty space with personal development. Starting with, establishing a connection with your subconscious.

Good luck.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Only glad I could help you find some answers inside or maybe some new questions

And again - thanks for sharing your story - its not that easy to open up to strangers.
I came to think about the kids that were on your back and hurted you at school, it always seems to puzzle me how we have to destroy or change that what´s new, and that which we do not understand, instead of trying to listen and to learn from each others.
You probably scared the hell out of them, because you were different and they didn´t understand you, and of course you were a treat.
I think I can learn something there, to be more open to strangers, realizing that we - in some level - are deeply inter-dependent.
Easy to put down in writing, but a challenge for me to live out in reality.
There seems to be so much anger and frustration around these days, so I guess I´ll start with myself and focus on what I want to see in the world and send that out.
Also I learned form your story, if your instinct tells you to cover your groin, then cover it!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

The fundamental rule when exploring life outside of the norm is to always listen to your thoughts the question is how? this is how each and everyone of us has to find out for ourselves.

What your asking in this thread is impossible to answer as its a personal development and should be treated as such. Any such words from other people will be simply 'words' in one ear out the other.

The key to all of this is personal development, it sounds a cop out but ask anyone who meditates on a frequent basis to explain their experiences, they won't/can't because it won't pertain to anyone else apart from themselves.

If this is confusing you. I always say to people (who ask me about clarity of thought) if you have something on your mind write it down so that you can have space in your mind to think once you have exhausted all of your thoughts,ideas,chores e.t.c and written them down, then you can start to fill the empty space with personal development. Starting with, establishing a connection with your subconscious.

Good luck.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

Listening is important , franspeakfree, I agree. I know it is difficult to ask others about this experience because of how personal it is.
However I am getting the clarity that I wanted to get from you and the others on this thread.
Thank you for your reply. You have a lot of wisdom in this post.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe

Only glad I could help you find some answers inside or maybe some new questions

And again - thanks for sharing your story - its not that easy to open up to strangers.
I came to think about the kids that were on your back and hurted you at school, it always seems to puzzle me how we have to destroy or change that what´s new, and that which we do not understand, instead of trying to listen and to learn from each others.
You probably scared the hell out of them, because you were different and they didn´t understand you, and of course you were a treat.
I think I can learn something there, to be more open to strangers, realizing that we - in some level - are deeply inter-dependent.
Easy to put down in writing, but a challenge for me to live out in reality.
There seems to be so much anger and frustration around these days, so I guess I´ll start with myself and focus on what I want to see in the world and send that out.
Also I learned form your story, if your instinct tells you to cover your groin, then cover it!!!

laffoe, it's true I really did scare the hell out of them! wow, I always thought about it from the standpoint of jealousy, but that's not all it was. I have always been intuitive, different, and that made them fear me.

Once again you have reached me with your writing. Thanks again for your insight.

top topics

join