It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind America's 'civilian militias'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Do you? I'd wager I have far more experience with Muslim cultures than you do, without doubt more experience with the US military's mission in Iraq.

Roll your eyes till they fall out, your snide attitude and overconfidence just makes you look like a fool. A poorly informed fool, at that.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Gainsayer]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I fear a hard right country coming from this, with anyone with a dissenting view shot on sight, anyone with a different religion shot on sight, anyone with an "unapproved" skin color shot on sight, anyone with the wrong accent shot on sight. This is the right wing nuts in this nations ultamate goal, it's not to return to the Constitution, its in my opinion the complete and total destruction of the union, and the death of anyone who crosses them. It's my opinion that these "militas" as they call themselves are nothing of the sort, and as far as I am concerned are nothing better than street gangs. They have no respect for the Constitution, have no will to find a peaceful solution, but want only the violent solution, this is why they post so much disinformation. This is why no matter what good this government tries to do, they ignore it and claim that none of it happens.

Forgive me for not responding sooner, I had 2 very long days Monday and Tuesday. So I'll pick it up from this paragraph.

There are two very distinct differences at work here when saying militia. There are the organized groups such as the Missouri Militia, Michigan Militia, Indiana Militia, Ohio Unorganized Militia--don't let that name fool you-- and the small splinter groups like the Hutaree and the Ohio Militia.

The first group are legitimate militia, the second group are essentially armed dumbasses. The difference being is the found guidelines of the group and how they conduct themselves.

When the Federal Agents moved in on the Hutaree, there was no response from neither the Michigan Militia nor the Ohio Unorganized Militia. They had information (debate whether it was obtained or given ahead of time continues) However, the Indiana Militia did not have such information until very late in the game. 200 members were sent to find out and report on what was happening. Had they been detained, unable to make contact or unable to fully determine what was happening... let's just say, things could have become "interesting for a few weeks".

That is the reality of world we live in. The question is not how many people are blissfully unaware, but how many would not function well if they knew what was around them?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join