It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf oil traces spread east on sea floor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Gulf oil traces spread east on sea floor

I understand that there are a lot of threads about this singular topic already. This is in response to those asking "Where is the oil?"

So where is all of the oil? It appears to be at the very bottom of the gulf.

Initial findings from a new survey of the Gulf conclude that dispersants may have sent the oil to the ocean floor, where it has turned up at the bottom of an undersea canyon within 40 miles of the Florida Panhandle. Plankton and other organisms showed a "strong toxic response" to the crude, according to researchers from the University of South Florida.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The dispersants were used to break up the oil into more manageable pieces for oil eating microbes.

That's great, but what of all the marine life that have been, are being, and will be affected by the contact and consumption of the oil before microbes are able to consume a significant amount of the remaining spill? It compounds to the sentiment that using dispersants was a terrible idea... and it is easy to see why. I think it is a much better idea to keep the oil closer to the surface. It would be a lot easier to clean up, and would take longer to enter into our food chain. Remember, it all starts from the smallest organisms, and works it's way up!

Full article here

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Kudos to you! I was just going to post this! Where is it INDEED! S&F to you.....the truth will be revealed....those of us who watch the cams see it all the time.....they can't hide it forever!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The worst part about it is... I no longer feel safe eating seafood unless it can be proven that it did not come from the gulf!

This is terrible because shrimp go great with a beer.

join