It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Above Top Secret from India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey people,

How are you all doing? Let me start by telling you the meaning of my user name. It is in Hindi language and it means

Ek (One) Bharatiya (Indian)

I came across this forum while surfing around. Usually I don't prefer joining online forums but I found this one different from others in many subtle ways so here I am
. I'm interested in international affairs i.e, news, politics, foreign policies, environmental topics, science & technology and few others.

A little info. bout me. I am 30 yrs old. After finishing my professional degree in Hotel Management and working some fine years in hotels in India now I am working in a private company and also own a business (something to fall back upon in later years). In my school days I played for India in all India tournaments in table tennis and throughout my university time was in basketball, volleyball and table tennis teams and have played few times for zonals (that's tournaments between different states for eg. Delhi vs Mangalore/ Bangalore etc). Over the years as I started working gradually moved away from sports guess it happens to most of us. It's hard to take out time for yourself when you start working but I try to take some time out every now and then and get involved in sports albeit lightly like swimming and tennis.

I used to be deeply interested in unknown phenomenon and aliens (I'm neither a believer nor a skeptic somewhere in middle) but over the years I grew more interested in world affairs specially international arena of politics, foreign policies and stuff.

I am keen to meet new friends and people. Well don't know what more to add, if you'd like to know anything about me or about India (culture, politics or anything even critical views) I am open to them anytime.

I will see you folks around.

Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Hello Ek Bharatiya-

I wish you the best, and may you find what you are looking for.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Hope you enjoy your stay here, just don't get wrapped up in all the political banter

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Welcome Ek Bharatiya!

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Enjoy your stay!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thank you Trudge, Ecidemon & crowpruitt for the warm welcome.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Namaste!
Thank you for joining. there is so much to learn on this site!
Will see you around the board. Have fun!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Welcome aboard! It would be great to read your incite on political situations in India. Maybe some perspective on regional politics like Pakistan, China, and India's role in Afghanistan if any? India's ongoing troubles with terrorism and Maoist Rebels. Plus, India is set to surpass China in population in upcoming years. So, India carries a lot of weight on the world stage and in Asia. It ought to be interesting to see your take on what is going on with your home country and other international issues. Get those 20 posts knocked-out! Then, let the threads begin! Enjoy!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Take off your shoes and walk straight in

[edit on 103131p://f01Monday by Seventytwo]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Welcome Ek Bharatiya, to ATS enjoy your time here and see you around friend.

2ND

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I feel like such an underachiever here....
welcome

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hi Ek Bharatiya:

Welcome. Glad you're here ... hope to see you around.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Welcome Ek Bharatiya to ats! It's always cool to meet someone from another country. Your perspective will be interesting to see on the board. I know you said that you were interested in politics and such but I do hope that we might glean something about India's folklore on cryptids and ufos from you. See you on the board!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS Ek Bharatiya!
I hope you will enjoy this site as mutch as I have over the last 3 years..
The people here are great!!

Catch you on the flipside!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thank you triplereiki, Jakes, Seventytwo, Ophiuchus, Endtime, Hadrian, hangedman and skekke.

triplereiki - Namaste & I am looking forward to it.

Jakes - I'd be more than willing to discuss about those topics as they come up on board. For now I would like to add that that I am not intelligence analyst but this is what I believe personally
Pakistan - India and Pakistan both need to work more on stability and our regional issues whilst keeping in mind that any move forward will benefit both countries. Certainly there are issues involving terrorism and such but we need to remember we (Pakistan and India) are same, with same people..we shouldn't be hostile to eachother.
China - Recently both the countries have taken steps to improve our relations and I hope this continues. It will help both countries to co-exist and advance in each fields.
Afghanistan - Yes India is involved in re-building of Afghanistan. I believe India should be careful and work there as per the needs of Afghan people.
Afghanistan is in trouble and nobody besides its people can rescue it. Nobody in Afghanistan will be graceful to the people who have plans to manipulate a country or 'use' it. I think let it blossom on its own is the best choice, and the Indian government should help Afghanistan to rebuild itself (if the Afghani's so desire) which is mutually beneficial to both countries.
Maoist - yes that's a problem currently India is going through. I wouldn't blame the maoist all for it as the government also shares the blame for not looking after problem in it's prior stages. The state's and government's lackadaisical attitude towards this underdeveloped region helped grow this problem. Had the government paid heed to advancement to education, growth and poverty in this region the conditions would have been much better.
Population - I would call it over population and it is limiting India's growth. It is a concerning issue. I remember the government initiated birth rate plans in 1990-2000 while it worked in major metropolitan cities it is still lacking in rural areas.

I sincerely doubt India carries lot of weight on world stage or in Asia. I believe our foreign policy is bit weak even though I hate to admit it. We really need to work in all areas sincerely. Corruption is major issue which affects lots of areas in politics as well as trade. If the country has to advance the corruption needs to be rooted out. I can only hope this problem will stem soon.

Again thank you all for engaging with me. Glad I joined here.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, hope you enjoy your stay here.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hello to India from the USA. This is a great place to call home on the net. Conspiracies abound but
more than that. We seek the truth at ATS. I''ve lodged a vid to help remind you of that.This is one way we deny ignorance and seek the truth. I hope you enjoy

Welcokme to ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Nice to meet you, I've read many interesting topics covered in Indian publications as I'm sure you have, I'm sure you will bring an interesting angle to ATS it's good to hear a none Anglo Saxon slant from wherever in the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Namaste

Mera naam BlackPoison94 hai aur mai UK sai hu.

It's great to see people from India coming on here. I actually went there for the whole of August.

Hope to see you around the boards and if you need any help, don't hesitate to u2u me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Welcome to you from India!

As for me I am a Falun Dafa cultivator living in Sweden and I am a believer in aliens and other dimensional creatures( I often meet them during meditation). I believe in the power of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance as I cultivate in Dafa. I also believe the human supernormal inborn qualities can be reawakened through self-cultivation.

I also believe we are living at the endtimes(as we know them) and anyone who can enlighten to this fact in time and do something good about himself is a very precious being.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hello and thank you Aquarius, randyvs, Thepreye, Gaussq and Namaste BlackPoison
Nice to meet you all and looking forward to speak with each one of you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join