It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq - Some Fascinating Information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Someone sent me an email some time ago that I found very interesting. I did not know these things about Iraq and now that I do, I can see added value to the region, beyond just oil. The last part from the Koran about the eagle surprised me for sure, verse 911?!?!
If there is anything else you would like to add, please do.

>
>VERY INTERESTING -
>
>
>1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.
>
>
>2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
>
>
>3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
>
>
>4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq
>
>
>5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
>6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq!
>
>
>7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
>
>
>8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
>
>
>9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
>
>
>10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
>
>
>11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
>
>
>12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!
>
>
>13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been
>in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery furn ace!)
>
>
>14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in
>Iraq.
>
>
>15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into
>Iraq.
>
>
>16. Ezekiel preached in
>Iraq.
>
>
>17. The wise men were from Iraq
>
>
>18. Peter preached in Iraq.
>
>19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,
>which was a city in Iraq!
>
>
>And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often
>mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is
>Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible The names
>used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia . The
>word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the
> Tigris and Euphrates Rivers The na me Iraq, means country with deep
>roots.
>
>
>Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant
>country in the Bible.
>
>
>No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
>it than Iraq.
>
>
>And also, Th is is something to think about! Since America is typically
>represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
>passages...
>
>
>The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
>
>
>Koran (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
>fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
>of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
>rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
>there was peace.
>(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

Thanks for your interest,

spec

Edit To Add - the last bit about the Koran and the Eagle being verse 911 is false, as I have found out just now.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Koran 9:11

Sahih International
But if they repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, then they are your brothers in religion; and We detail the verses for a people who know.

Check yourself

Search of the word "eagle"

Am I missing something ?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Also remember the ancient Sumerian seals were in the Iraqi national museum and thousands are now lost.

Who knows what they said, or who took them.

chronicle.uchicago.edu...

In total 170,000 registered items were taken, some up to 7000 years old.

Iraq is the cradle of civilization.

Maybe the Quran quote is off, but most of what is listed is true.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My quran at 9:11 displays something totally different than what you quote.
Your quote of the quran 9:11 is untrue! The quran has plenty of hateful things to say, than to print some made up junk like this. For instance:
KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76 But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14
O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

-------

KORAN promises of houris in heaven:

Single-minded slaves of Allah... will be honored in the Gardens of delight, on couches facing one another; A cup from a gushing spring is brought round for them, white, delicious to the drinkers, wherein there is no headache nor are they made mad thereby. And with them are those of modest gaze, with lovely eyes, pure as they were hidden eggs. - Surah 37:40-49

Lo, for those who ward off evil is a happy journey's end, Gardens of Eden, whereof the gates are opened for the, wherein, reclining, they call for plenteous fruit and cool drink therein. And with them are those of modest gaze, companions. This it is that ye are promised for the Day of Reckoning. - 38:50-54

Lo! Those who kept their duty will be in a place secure, amid gardens and water-springs, attired in silk and silk embroidery, facing one another.... And we shall wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes. They call therein for every fruit in safety. They taste not death therein, save the first death. And He hath saved them from the doom of hell, a bounty from thy Lord. That is the supreme triumph. - 44:51-57

Lo! Those who kept their duty dwell in gardens and delight... reclining on ranged couches. And we wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes... and we provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire.... - 52:17-22

...Reclining upon couches lined with silk brocade, the fruit of both the gardens near to hand.... Therein are those of modest gaze, whom neither man nor jinni will have touched before them.... - 55:54-56

Those are they who will be brought nigh, in gardens of delight... reclining therein face to face. There wait on them immortal youths... and fair ones with wide, lovely eyes, like unto hidden pearls, reward for what they used to do.... Lo! We have created them a creation, and made them virgins, lovers, friends. - 56:11-37
(Different translation) Companions with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes... virgin-pure and undefiled.

--------

Koran "sharia" punishments:

As for the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah. - Surah 5:38

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Im calling BULLSH1T on this one...

This is the proper verse in the Koran

Koran (9:11) - But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your
brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Okay, you and Raincloud have set the record straight on the 911 verse, thanks

Where is the "eagle" quote? Just curious.

spec

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Thanks for the reply and input Jeanius! I did not know of the Sumerian seals, but what a shame all of those antiquities are missing. I hope they are at least still in tact and not destroyed.
spec

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Wow, well thanks for the education Violater? The "merciful to one another" phrase surprised me, not in what it says but how it is honored/dishonred. I would think the folks that abide by the Koran would uphold this, unless they see people in their own religion that become infidels in their minds?
Guess it depends on the interpretation, like so many other dogmas.

spec

[edit on 15-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Very interesting, spec. I'm always interested in that region and also call it the cradle of civilization.

Sargon the Great also came from this region(Sumar) and came by way of water as Moses did.

Like the Bible's Moses, Sargon may have been a Semite rather than a Sumerian. A story about Sargon's youth sounds like the Moses infancy story. The baby Sargon, nestled in a reed basket sealed with bitumen, was placed in the Euphrates River. The basket floated until it was rescued by a gardener or date grower. In this capacity he worked for the king of Kish, Ur-Zababa until he rose in the ranks to become the king's cupbearer.

I wonder why he called his mother 'changling' and what he meant by it. I think he said his father's brothers roamed the hills. I'll have to read it again.

history-world.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Thanks for the reply Onboard2! I will check out the Sargon story, sounds interesting, as does just about everything involving the Sumerians.
The similar theme you speak of is also in several other cultures. Have you seen the Zeitgeist vid? video.google.com...#
The flick has it's share of debunking as well, so you kind of have to sort thru it for yourself, but very interesting nevertheless.
"Changling?" I did not know this and will check it out.

spec

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
this seems to be how america learns of other countries and cultures
-by going to war with them.
heres an update on iraq- exxon and royal dutch shell
just took over some choice contracts,
the place is still littered with plutonium tipped spent rounds.
and we build the largest military base we got there.
freedom is on the march.
on and on and onward to victory in iran.
and what a surprise- there's oil in afghanistan!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
The quran has plenty of hateful things to say, than to print some made up junk like this.

Please, Violator, tell us which version of the Quran you are quoting from in your post here?

Its just that when I read this

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

I went and looked it up

This version says ...

O you who have believed, whoever of you should revert from his religion – Allah will bring forth [in place of them] a people He will love and who will love Him [who are] humble toward the believers, powerful against the disbelievers; they strive in the cause of Allah and do not fear the blame of a critic. That is the favor of Allah; He bestows it upon whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.

this version says....

O ye who believe! if any from among you turn back from his Faith, soon will Allah produce a people whom He will love as they will love Him,- lowly with the believers, mighty against the rejecters, fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the reproaches of such as find fault. That is the grace of Allah, which He will bestow on whom He pleaseth. And Allah encompasseth all, and He knoweth all things.

this version says...

O ye who believe! if any from among you turn back from his Faith, soon will Allah produce a people whom He will love as they will love Him,- lowly with the believers, mighty against the rejecters, fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the reproaches of such as find fault. That is the Grace of Allah, which He will bestow on whom He pleaseth. And Allah encompasseth all, and He knoweth all things.

Now, did you mean, by any chance, 5:51?

Have a look at 5:51 here

[5:51] O you who believe, do not take certain Jews and Christians as allies; these are allies of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these belong with them. GOD does not guide the transgressors.

And maybe, if you did do you understand the context of it? Its in the footnotes

*5:51 Relations with other people are governed by the basic rule in 5:57 & 60:8-9. The Jews and Christians who cannot be friends are specifically mentioned in 5:57;they are the ones who mock and ridicule the believers, or attack them.

In other words, what the book is saying is that if there are Jews and Christians who mock the muslim faith, don't associate with them.

Its all about context.

I note that you've cherry picked the context of your other quotes as well, so when it comes to made up junk... who is actually making stuff up here? Maybe - as a person who has - supposedly studied Quran enough to quote so much stuff from it, you could enlighten us as to the context of the other parts you've quoted - assuming of course you have the right Surah, and verse number....

[edit on 15/8/10 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
^beat me to it

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Masinger]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

It is a fascinating place. I have a good friend there. He is a metal guitarist, born there and lived there all his life. There is a big underground metal and rock scene there if you can believe it! He is VERY talented, but is so repressed because it is looked at as a sin. He worked with the U.S. military as a translator, and the soldiers all chipped in and bought him a guitar and rig....who would have thought? Same thing in Iran....I know a drummer in a metal band there. No matter what we think of a country, we must always remember, that the average people there are just like us. They just happened to be born in a country which does not have the freedoms we take so much for granted. Whenever I talk to them, I am reminded how blessed I am to have had the good fortune to be born in the U.S......despite our many problems, we are still so very lucky!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Wassup Saints friend! Thanks for chimin' in and you are right, some things we learn about other cultures/places does make us appreciate living here more, and I am reminded of the freedoms I have taken for granted at times.

I have seen a cool doc on metal in Baghdad, and yes it's kinda crazy. There electrical power is out more than on and metal is frowned upon like you say.
That is cool some soldiers chipped in for a guitar.

Heavy Metal In Baghdad

spec

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Wassup Saints friend! Thanks for chimin' in and you are right, some things we learn about other cultures/places does make us appreciate living here more, and I am reminded of the freedoms I have taken for granted at times.

I have seen a cool doc on metal in Baghdad, and yes it's kinda crazy. There electrical power is out more than on and metal is frowned upon like you say.
That is cool some soldiers chipped in for a guitar.

Heavy Metal In Baghdad

spec

AND....it's like 120 EVERY day....normal temps!!! Ugggggh... and a big ole WHO DAT for you friend!
The more we learn about others, the more we understand ourselves, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
it isn't the peeps that are the prob.
its a select group of sobs
You give a guitar player a strat with .09s on it and a marshall and you are going to get guitar solo no matter what launguage he/she speaks.
anyone else who plays guitar into a tube amp will understand.

the SOBs never will.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

True true Danbones, music is the universal language and a Strat (or Les Paul
) with a Marshall speaks volumes...literally!
That vid is really good and you can see a rebellion developing within the younger generations over there, just like every other country has had, where the youth begin challenging the establishment. Some good ole rock n roll/heavy metal always seems to come from it.

spec

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The more we learn about others, the more we understand ourselves, don't you think?

Well said SK

I agree wholeheartedly...

spec

[edit on 17-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
it isn't the peeps that are the prob.
its a select group of sobs
You give a guitar player a strat with .09s on it and a marshall and you are going to get guitar solo no matter what launguage he/she speaks.
anyone else who plays guitar into a tube amp will understand.

the SOBs never will.

Exactly! No matter what the language, music is the universal language.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join