It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nooblet sending his Greetings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why hello thar ATS,

I just wanted to post here and introduce myself.

I've only been reading ATS for a few weeks and started to post just recently.
Obviously I have a lot to learn and get used to but I'm excited to get involved and donate my opinions to the tempestuous waters of the internet!

I've only recently started reading up on current events (I've been in a media blackout situation for about four years) and stumbled upon alternative news such as ATS which really piqued my interest.

I'm really trying to read up on quite a few different topics but my focus points are Aliens, Current Events (alternative news), the Deepwater Disaster, the US Government as well as a lot of topics concerning Conspiracies (as I'm hearing a lot of them for the first time).

To get a little bit more personal: I'm 22, am German and have lived in Scottland, Germany, Holland, Finland, USA and England. So I hope to bring a multi-cultural point of view to the board!

So again: HELLO

All the best,
T

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Media Blackout,doing some hard time in prison or just returned from an alien abduction?Either way welcome

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Welcome, I'm new here too. What does Tarrok mea?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm afraid I have to disappoint you on both counts. I spent my time at University and didn't have a TV.

But yes, totally, prison.

And no, there was no soap involved...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by username000
Welcome, I'm new here too. What does Tarrok mea?

Hi!
Yeah I saw your thread and thought I would make my own. Heartfelt welcome to you too.

Tarrok doesn't mean anything, I got it from playing a video game a number of years ago by pressing Random Name during character creation. The game was Star Wars Galaxies back when it first came out, if anyone knows it.

So it's just a name I decided to use online as hardly anyone uses it so I can register myself with it!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just dropping a hello cuz I like your avatar.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks Crimson, took my a while to figure out I had to copy the picture URL rather than just press "Set As Avatar".

Still trying to see if I can do anything with the background option. Might need to look for something funny...

Least I can do to try and balance out the depressing weather I've got here at the moment!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
welcome to ATS tarrok.

it is always nice to see a fellow german running around the boards

despite your young age you have lived in many countrys - i am really impressed.

may i ask what you studied at university?

all the best
orange

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wilkommen! I believe that is German, I took 3 years of it but it was during a lot of drug use so.....lets just say I dont remember to much German! Hey not my fault they kept passing me! Anyway if this is your first forum then yes, you have a lot to learn. If this isn't...then you'll know what to look out for...the trolls! and they are hungry just dont feed them.

I dont remember how to say goodbye in German and I'm too lazy to look it up.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thanks Endtime Warrior.

Luckily it's not my first forum, I've been on quite a few but mostly a lurker. As for the Trolls, I've always had a pretty good knack of disarming them on the few times I've run into them. But I agree, caution is required!

And yes, you were correct with Wilkommen. As for the goodbye, the classic is:
Auf Wiedersehen!

But, luckily, I've been speaking English pretty much all my life so anything goes!

I'm currently working on my Japanese, that requires more training!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrok

auf wiedersehen! why couldn't I remember that! Dont do drugs folks!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's nice to see a member who has been all over the world. I've never lived in another country, though I have visited several countries including Mexico, Canada, Iceland, UK, The Czech Republic, The Netherlands, Greece, and Israel, all interesting places I'd say!

I really like your avatar (I'm actually a huge south park fan)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KJ_Lesnick

That's a nice list of countries! There's so many places to see in the world that I'm a bit depressed, since I wont be able to see them all!

Nevertheless, actually moving to a new country might offer some additional benefits to experiencing the respective culture, but it's a huge pain in the a*&.

It's one of those pros/cons situations. Hehe.

But I'm glad to see you're a fan of South Park, there's quite a few really hilarious episodes and Randy Marsh is my favourite character. The Guitar Hero episode was fantastic. "He's so good, he can play the songs acustically. *click* *click* *click* Oh hey I really like that song!"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Welcome from california. "Who cares about only one culture?" Awesome to see you already have so many cultures you have lived around.

Im sure you will love it here.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I studied "Media, Communication and Culture" and "Marketing" (it was a dual honours type of University) but switched after a short time to "Human Resource Management" and "Sociology".

@Lucid, Fantastic! My stay in the USA was actually in California, namely Cupertino in the Bay Area. So big hello to you!

@Semper, Thanks a lot for the links, very useful. I'll try to make your job easier by not violating ALL of those rules when I post.

Joking aside, I'll try to behave.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrok

I studied "Media, Communication and Culture" and "Marketing" (it was a dual honours type of University) but switched after a short time to "Human Resource Management" and "Sociology".

sounds very interesting

but you don.t know how to advertise a new business these days? just an egoistic question

your first subject "media ……" would have been mine too, when i have been in university i was in "communication science" as they called it

@Lucid, Fantastic! My stay in the USA was actually in California, namely Cupertino in the Bay Area.

ahhh cupertino
but no apple was involved or harmed?

beside san francisco my fav place of that area

*dreams away in sweet memories*

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm afraid I don't know how to advertise a new business so I can't help you there. I only know the basics and some fundamental tactics to consider. Never got to the interesting bits on how to play with the customer's mind.

Nevertheless, I'm sure I can think of something... haha!

ahhh cupertino
but no apple was involved or harmed?

Luckily for Apple, I was too young to realize what they are like. I did pass by their HQ quite a few times. Google's too.

My anti-appleism isn't as bad as it used to be, I have a good friend at Uni who was also an apple fan so I developed the capacity to tolerate it. I'm still a PC person myself and it's just a matter of personal preference anyway.

San Francisco was great, definitely. I miss Fisherman's Warf, as that seemed to have burned into my memory. Probably because of the smell of fish.

I did also like Santa Cruz, Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas in Nevada which I've visited a few times now. Luckily, I never developed a gambling addiction!
Some of my friends were not so lucky...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Nooblet. I like that expression. Welcome.

top topics

join