It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlucky for some: Lightning strikes 13-year-old boy at 13:13 on Friday the 13th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Unlucky for some: Lightning strikes 13-year-old boy at 13:13 on Friday the 13th

www.dailymail.co.uk

For some people 13 is an unlucky number.

St John Ambulance volunteers improved the luck of a 13-year-old boy when they treated him after he was struck by lightning - at 13:13 on Friday 13.
The boy was struck at Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival today, Firday 13th, and it was only while the ambulance team was treating him that they noticed the time - 1.13pm.
The unnamed buy suffered a minor burn and was taken to James Paget Hospital, where he is expected to make a full recovery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.onenewspage.com

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Impossible! This is just the craziest news story I've ever read. You'll all be pleased to know the boy is doing fine. What are the odds really? Unless this is a hoax I literally don't know what else to say...

Anyone else have any crazy experiences today? For some it's still ongoing so fingers crossed you all make it through

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He wasn't rescued by 13 paramedics was he?

This is by far the strangest thing I have heard yet. I heard a story about 3 months ago of a lady who died on the 11th at 11:11, but this is just weird!

Definitely something supernatural going on, I betcha!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Ha ha well it doesn't mention them, he may have had 13 pound coins in his pocket though! Add to the conduction I'm sure...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I read this earlier today on the dailymail, and thought cheese and rice what are the odds of this - astronomical to say the least! My next thought was, if I was this kid, I'd be taking tickets for the next lotto. He has better chances on that compared to this

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Yeah definitely he should strike while the iron is hot, and write a book!

'Confessions of the unluckiest boy in history'

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Imagine if he does win the lottery

I can see the books title now: "Yesterday I got blitzed with lightning, Today I won the lottery!"

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
be real people there is nothing unusual about this .www.blurtit.com... apx 2000 people are hit buy lightning a year .
ok do some math people there are 24 hours in a day times 60 minits in a hour . that is 1440 mints a day times 365 days that's 525,600 mints a year.
Your chance of getting hit at that mint are 262.8 to 1
that is the same chance you have of being hit at 5pm as well or any other time.
Between 66 and 75% of people survive it .
O thats so impossible o that has to be some irrational explanation because I am bored. now take 262.8 years and you have EVERY time of EVERY day covered . just like if you play 1000 ways on cash 3 lotto .play a 1000 and it is no longer a gamble .
You dont need a spirit God or devil for this just to be at the wrong place at the wrong time is all.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So he wasn't actually struck at thirteen minutes past one, this is the time that the paramedic happened to look at his watch, after responding to call ??

Nit picking I know, no offence to the OP, but the Daily Mail really gets my goat...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Weeell...it's interesting and I'm glad to hear the boy's okay, but there's also some other 13's involved.

John Ambulance has 13 letters in it.
You posted this at 5:35 which equals 13 if you add the individual numbers.
This thread number is 602594 which has 2 instances of 13 in it: 6+0+2+5=13 and 9+4=13
And my favorite, Friday the 13th itself has, you guessed it, 13 characters in it!

I'm sure there's more.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ir0nM0nkey

Not at all mate, little taste of salt to be taken with the daily mail for sure!

Three_moons that just adds to the freakiness!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Relax, there's nothing to this story at all...
If you actually read, the boy wasn't struck at 1:13 (headline is lying).
When the paramedics were treating him they checked the time and it was 1:13, they could have been treating him for 10 minutes before then so he certainly wasn't struck at 1:13.

So if you take that from the story, all it is was a 13 year old boy got struck by lightning on Friday 13th, which isn't that weird at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Exactly what I was thinking. Even if they were very nearby at the event, he was probably not struck at 1:13. Nothing like tweaking the facts a little bit to get a more sensational story/headline.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm confused because I thought news companies by law had to report facts, and blatantly lying in a headline can't be good for their reputation (not that dailymail ever had a reputation).

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Ah but perhaps the paramedics had been treating him for 13 minutes, and he was struck at 13.00 the 13th hour? Do do do do!

Sensationalism is the key to attention, still considering the boy is ok it makes for a bit of light reading!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Anyone else have any crazy experiences today? For some it's still ongoing so fingers crossed you all make it through
I'm not superstitious, but did you know the one Apollo moon landing mission that "blew up" in space where the astronauts barely made it back to alive was Apollo 13 launched at 13:13 on the 13th? Seems to me like they did all that 13 stuff to prove that superstition is a crock of BS and maybe it backfired on them?

OK, it's fun to question it anyway. Apollo 11,12,14,15,16, and 17 all did fine! Maybe if they had launched at 14:15 on the 16th, the mission still might have been numbered Apollo 13 but at least they wouldn't have been pushing their luck so much with the time/date of launch!

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oh well, whether he was struck at 13:13 or not...being struck by lightning and surviving is a damn good story to tell all the girls in his class, hell that story could be milked for at least a decade imo.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Damn right one to tell the grand kids about too! I've heard stories about people surviving 7 lightning strikes. Apparently once you have been struck the chances of it happening again increase. Although I admit I don't know how true that is!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just to add another news site carrying the story. Much less information in this one, however it does say 'precisely' 13.13, which I'm sure you'll enjoy!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Funny, the 13th for me was lucky, I found a dollar bill n the ground at work while pulling weeds.

new topics

top topics

join