It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Iraq general: U.S. army 'must stay' until 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Top Iraq general: U.S. army 'must stay' until 2020

LONDON — The commander of Iraq's military is calling for U.S. forces to stay in the country for another decade, reinforcing his stance that his country's military won't be able to secure the nation on their own after U.S. troops leave.

Source

2020!?!! Are they going to be paying us for our services? Im tired of this War to nowhere I have friends and family over there and would be there myself if I didnt get disqualified from the Enlistment center.

Get your army in check so ours can go home!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

MAOBama and the US ruling class are there to stay forever. Too much oil underground to leave it behind. Its all a mock up.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Everytime the US invades a country, isn't it true that we never actually leave? There is always a setup of an embassy or several so that our presence is always there? Kind of like fascism or something?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, unfortunately for him, the troops are already on their way out ... in fact there's hardly any left.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by User1111]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by User1111
Well, unfortunately for him, the troops are already on their way out ... in fact there's hardly any left.[edit on 12-8-2010 by User1111]

As much as I would hate to blatantly agree with something already posted, I have to say that he(or she) is pretty much right. Despite Iraq -wanting- us to stay until 2020, because their army is in large part lazy, just like the Afghan national Army.

We, as US forces train the foreign armies in our style, and instead of adopting it as their own, they simply learn to lean on us thinking we will never leave, unfortunately for them - it's their country, not ours.

A majority of the U.S. Forces are already on their way out of Iraq, and as far as I know, there is really only one or two Divisions still leaned toward Iraq deployments over Afghanistan deployments. It may take longer than expected, and like stated, the U.S. never really 'leaves' we will most likely maintain our base just outside in Kuwait for our 'support' of Iraq. That being said, I'm sure we'll be out before 2020.

SOURCE: Active Military / Joint Operations ANA/US Instructor

top topics

join