It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
wow...what a nice guy. Little Georgie must really care. He sent our troops to die in a foreign country based on lies, and now wants to stop by and thank our troops. Obviously I had him all wrong... he is a great guy. It takes such a sacrifice to take time out of your day and thank the people whom you lied to and are still paying the price of your lies to this day. /sarcasm

If he wqants to be a really nice guy, maybe he should go to the families of dead soldiers and explain why he lied to the entire country and how the lives of these soldiers were worth a BS story to begin with!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

At saying the soldiers expression is fear, is telling of how unable you are at reading people. The poster who first mentioned it clearly shows their lack of insight and seriousness of the topic.

Just claim he looks scared, on a whim...it must be true.

I see surpise and shock, maybe awkwardness in the eyes.. possibly a close comparison to fear.

I took the liberty of providing a link seems you could use some help.
www.ehow.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74abe171b8e2.jpg[/atsimg]
Pizza. Heh! Prezels. Heh! Apple Pie. Heh! Golf. Heh! Sippin' coooool drinks on the beach. Heh! Cocaine....and hawt women. Heh! Who's your daddy? Heh! Not mine, that's fer sure! HEH!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
your still forgetting that there were alot of terrorists gatherng in iraq,and it wasnt just for the oil,terrorist that wouldnt mind raping your families and converting your kids to islam,why dont you ask someone who was there?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman

At saying the soldiers expression is fear, is telling of how unable you are at reading people. The poster who first mentioned it clearly shows their lack of insight and seriousness of the topic.

Where can we learn? Where can we learn? Do you have an open source internet article that might teach me?

Just claim he looks scared, on a whim...it must be true.

I am not sure I ever insisted it was true, just my opinion. I get to do that here, express my opinion. You do not have to assume it means I am going to force you to accept it as gospel.

I see surpise and shock, maybe awkwardness in the eyes.. possibly a close comparison to fear.

Ya think?
Somethings that you might see in fear-
Surprise
Shock
Awkwardness

Wow, looks like you went the long way around eh?

I took the liberty of providing a link seems you could use some help.
www.ehow.com...

Man, I spent all those years in college getting degrees when I could have gone to eHow?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lol I think some people should drop the rhetoric about Bush. You dont like him, his decision or policies thats fine. By extension, you can drop the same om Obama. A democratic President, with a Democratic House and aDemocratic Senate...

Change we can believe in?

No ability for the GOP to stop them from ending the Wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, yet we are still there. Complain about how much money Bush spent, even though Congress is responsible for the purse strings and day to day operations of this country. 2 out of 3 branches of Government are the same party and we are spending money like its going out of style, even though Pelosi promised they would reign in spending. Obama promised transparency yet he just eliminated that position.

Think what you want of Bush. Even after everything, admitting the failures / mistakes that were made, he took the time to visit troops coming home.

It takes a lot to do that after everything that transpired. He could of easily faded into the background, never having to face these people, yet he chose to go to the airport and greet them.

Political stunt for an election... wtf? He is not running, and Republicans did not want anything to do with him for the elections.

All the Democrats have accomplished is constantly blaming Bush for their inability to fix things. The time of blaming Bush is overwith. You guys have had 2 years of a Democratic Congress and President to make changes, yet here we are.

To quote Lewis Black - The difference between a Democrat and Republican - A democrat sucks, and a Republican blows.

People have responded to my last post, yet conviently left out the questions asked in it. Did you vote? Did you participate in the process to make changes, to demand of our representitives to represent the will of the people?

My guess is going to be the following:
No - you didnt paticipate for .

It was a gesture.. however trivial some may think. Thats your own perogative.

This thread is a perfect example of whats wrong with our country. All we want to do is blame each other for our current predicament. Government is not the problem, we are the problem. Instead of taking an active approach to fix things, we blame and blame and blame.

Hindsight will always be 20/20.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How about you contact the soldier in the photo and actually ask him what he was thinking before you speak for him?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

What is your point? Does that make him more American than me? You can assume he is enjoying that visit all you like.

My point is "get a life"

Bush was not there for you, nor do you have any reason to care if he does go visit the troops. The troops enjoyed it greatly and that is what counts and who it was all about, and who opinions count on this subject.

To create a "I hate Bush" post from it all is stupid to say the least.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
My point is "get a life"

Boy golly that is a good point. Can you expand on it a bit though? My little sister uses the exact same point all the time. I assumed it was because she was immature and stupid though.

Bush was not there for you, nor do you have any reason to care if he does go visit the troops.

Right. He was also not there for you so you have no reason to care either. Settled?

The troops enjoyed it greatly and that is what counts and who it was all about, and who opinions count on this subject.

Which one of those troops started this thread and wrote the OP?

To create a "I hate Bush" post from it all is stupid to say the least.

Sure would be. Maybe you can show me which post I said I hated Bush in?

See, this is a discussion forum. This thread was started and the OP was written from which a discussion bloomed. I am engaging in that discussion as that is how discussion forums work. Maybe after you show me where I said I hated Bush you can explain to me why my opinion is any less valid than yours here.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
How about you contact the soldier in the photo and actually ask him what he was thinking before you speak for him?

Sure thing.

If I ever decide to try and speak for him, I will do that.

Until then, I do not need to talk to him to have an opinion about the photo.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

hey man, it goes about Bushboy and his nice visiting in a Bollywood style the soldiers on the airport ....
how nice that is, isn't it ?
some old lady in my street was also very nice and that old grandpa oh so nice, and the pedo in the street is also very nice with the little children hey ....
all very very nice people untill you know their bollywood scenario/cinema in the background, their schizo personnality, their deceiving of the people thinking they will forget what you really did to harm them ...
they just think you will forget, they just think you are so stupid not to remember the real history behind their faces of joy and pseudo-sympathy .....
do you really not see what is behind that face ??? of course the soldier next to him is very upset and looks disturbed, so would I be in face of Satan himself, not every day to be confronted to the real reason of your sacrifice ....
please, read some stuff about politics and Cheeney or Rums or Rove .....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Lol I think some people should drop the rhetoric about Bush. You dont like him, his decision or policies thats fine. By extension, you can drop the same om Obama. A democratic President, with a Democratic House and aDemocratic Senate...

This thread is specifically about Bush.

What do you all find so confusing about that? This is a forum. There are all kinds of threads about government in general, Obama, whatever you want. If you do not see the one you like, you can even start your own.

It is hard to stop talking about Bush and start talking about Obama when the subject matter actually is Bush.

Maybe some of you forgot how to read the titles of the threads you click on?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
501 thumbs up and 193 comments
www.facebook.com...
Excellent!! Just look at the excitement in the eyes of the soldiers in all of the pictures.

Class!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You lowered the bar and your IQ with this out of line comment.

Stop terrorizing your children with their grandparents.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You lowered the bar and your IQ with this out of line comment.

Stop terrorizing your children with their grandparents.

I have to lower my IQ to get along in society pretty much everywhere I go.

Anyway, I apologized later. It was meant as a joke based upon a clear logical implication, not an insult. Again, sorry for that.

And at least you directly addressed me this time.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by jibeho

Total respect, send them to die for your rich buddies. That's true respect right there.

How quickly people forget that this was the piece of trash that got us in that mess over there in the first place off of false pretense excuses given to us. This thread is garbage.

AMEN TO THAT. But anything that involves a gun, get some people support. Screw the deficit if a gun is involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the expression on the Soldiers face is the same you see in one of those comedy movies Jim Carry or Nicolas Cage face!! the Aw F%c$ I NEED TO HIDE WHAT IM THINKING FACE!! that my guess of the Body language he is giving

jim carry

the awe F@c$ face
www.pollsb.com...

Nicolas Cage face

roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Actually this thread was about the USO and the returning of troops to Texas, where GWB met them. Bush did not put these photos out, the USO did, Bush did not set any of this up, the USO did, so technically its about the USO and the return of the Soldiers, and not Bush.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join