It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something i seem to be noticing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
im a mexican by decent but born in the u.s i consider myself american, but i feel like this immigration issue is pitting some latinos against eachother i feel like illegals are using the same tactic that the jewish community has used when things dont go there way they use the race card and saying its a law only for latino's granted they are the majority of the illegals that make up this country im not saying kick them out im saying we should secure the border and start the paperwork on these people and if they are not eligible then deport them regardless of where they are from, but as i was saying anything that seems just a bit or has a hint of something that is against illegal immigration is then bashed by the latino community as being racist what do you people think and noo "you people" is not a racist remark

[edit on 12-8-2010 by truth_of_truth]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I agree that it's a tactic to divide and conquer the nation as a whole, not just latinos. If someone wants to be here, give them the naturalization test and if they pass great, otherwise deport them to where they came from.

Securing the border is the important 1st step in the process and the state immigration laws don't help. The federal government has few duties to the US citizens, none more important than protecting the people and securing the borders.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This to me is not longer a debate, but a form of division, where people don't even know what they fight for anymore. While we argue about those who are not here legally, TPTB are changing the laws as we speak to change them.... but to benefit who?

If we argue over an illegal immigrant (no matter where your from), for a job at a factory, they will change it and make it easier for a person with a degree, and say something like, well he has a degree, and you guys fought over something as simple as papers.

Immigration is becoming a "bad word", and until we learn how to define it, with other words, like "hard worker", and "wanting to be American" we will be doomed, as we allow the ones who have forced this divide to make the rules.

While we fight, over menial work, places like India, and China are now buying out on-line schools, while people fight because they call a company and speak to someone in India, the person that is teaching you, and helping you to get your degree, isnt even in the US.

As long as we DON'T stand up for the oppressed and those that would like to better themselves, we will find ourselves in the same position, but this time without our opinions and hate, but it will be law.. who will we ask to help us?

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

i completely agree with you, this whole issue i think its just a smoke screen to just move more pawns into there position

[edit on 12-8-2010 by truth_of_truth]

top topics

join