It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe the Roswell official explanation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Yeah, but you can't just lump all the sightings together as some big ball of "proof." Each one of the individual sightings has to be investigated, verified, and then some kind of association drawn between them and Roswell other than time. Good luck with that.

That has already been done. Some reading will help clear that up for you.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
*snip*
...I have no idea how the United States Government could do such a tremendous job of damage control. The US Government isn't as tight-lipped and infallible as many people perceive. Secrets always trickle out, and people are always ready to blow the whistle, especially today.

I feel like if something of that magnitude actually happened at Roswell, it would've came out in a big way at some point.
Have you researched the incident in any detail at all?

The damage control was not "tremendous" at all. Secrets have trickled out. High ranking military personnel have blown the whistle, some of them in "death bed" affidavits. The fact that serious UFO researchers are still here discussing this case is testament to the fact that something happened that has been INEFFECTIVELY covered up.

reply to post by Gazrok

I'm completely with you on this case, Gazrok.

There is no way that the likes of Marcel would have mistaken the debris for something "otherworldly" if it was just Mogul. The Mogul materials would have been ones familiar to him and other officers and would not have been sent to Wright Field/Fort Worth or wherever. The story doesn't add up.

Arbitrageurs comments earlier in this thread just ignore too many facts about the case in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I do believe that some of the witnesses were credible about the debris being like nothing they've ever seen before. Was it really an extraterrestrial craft, though? I don't know. For all I know it could've been a time machine from the future or something. To me, either explanation is plausible.

I just don't believe that it was a weather balloon anymore than I believe the object in the sky during the Battle of Los Angeles was a balloon.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I do not believe the govornment, there was far too much official story changing that made little sense, suspicous communications, and witness statements to the contrary. Something more than a weather baloon, even a top secret pimped out spy balloon, crashed on Brazel's ranch in July 1947.

I honestly can't believe they would be conciously covering up a failed, whimsical project that has been outdated for decades.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Im not sure what crashed out there, however, there is a well documented connection between the Batelle corp and Wright-Patteson. Batelle was doing R&D on "memory metal," or a combo metal consisting of titanium and nickel (i believe). Can this be a coincidence since witnesses recall a mysterious memory metal from roswell debris.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

imagine you've just aquired new technology from an alien being and signed a treaty with that same planet, through prohibition of alcohol you've managed to invest funds which are hidden and you now have this technology and want to use it! however you decide it is far more use to you, by making everyone believe its been flown by aliens than you. what do you do?

my guess would be, with the use of a couple of dead aliens (natural deaths) crash a disk, and make sure people see aliens were inside, therefore starting a widespread belief that aliens are flying the UFO's, instead of you!!!

no way was it shot down, or an alien accident!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
I have always wondered on both sides, what if? What if it really was some type of military testing/equipment falling to earth or, an actual alien craft with occupants? In my opinion, there is more evidence that takes one down the road of UFOs & aliens than the warm fuzzy confident feeling one gets when you just know the truth is what you just heard or read. My opinion though so who knows....

Do you believe that an alien craft crashed with it's occupants at Roswell?

Or,

Do you believe the official Air Force report?

Either way is cool and there shouldn't be any snipes or crap like that going on. I have just always wondered how many believe. In their own way.

How many of the 5 stories by the Air Force are you inquiring about?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ofcourse not. Not even the USA govt know much.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Im not sure what crashed out there, however, there is a well documented connection between the Batelle corp and Wright-Patteson. Batelle was doing R&D on "memory metal," or a combo metal consisting of titanium and nickel (i believe). Can this be a coincidence since witnesses recall a mysterious memory metal from roswell debris.
Batelle were researching memory metal in early 1947? Where does this information come from?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

My awareness is saying that the Air Force changed their report 2 times after the intitial report of a flying saucer.

I believe the testimonies. The only thing telling us the official explanation is the official government and they are just one thing, all of the other people involved tell us the same story and they are many things, why would you believe one thing over so many things? And more questionably why would you trust the government? Trust the damn people not the government and if you don't your head is under a rock

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I believe it was a weather baloon that the anti-gravity craft(s) ran into and downed them

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Batelle were researching memory metal in early 1947? Where does this information come from?
Ignore that question!

I thought you meant they were researching it before the Roswell incident. No it probably isn't a coincidence. The seeding of Roswell technological artefacts in industry is old news (Phil Corso).
edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ignore that question!

I thought you meant they were researching it before the Roswell incident. No it probably isn't a coincidence. The seeding of Roswell technological artefacts in industry is old news (Phil Corso).

Right! Now we're on the same page...lol...Have you read Corso's book? I have not. I know a little of it. Some of it seems a little "far fetched," even for me to believe. But I'll reserve my opinion until I finish it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I have provided you with a link on your other thread to where Corso's book can be read free of charge. I have read it, of course.

There have been criticisms of Corso's book. However, Corso never got to read the final draft before publication (I think he used a professional writer to put the final book together from his notes and interviews) and there were aspects of the book he wasn't happy with. Some of those aspects may have been the discrepancies pounced on by his detractors. What many of the detractors fail to consider is Corso had an immaculate military record. Here is what one senator had to say about him.

There is no question that Philip Corso has led a full and adventurous life, and I am certain that he has many interesting stories to share with individuals interested in military history, espionage, and the workings of our government. We should all be grateful that there are men and women like Colonel Corso - people who are willing to dedicate their lives to serving the nation and protecting the ideals we all hold dear - and we should honor the sacrifices they have made in their careers and in their lives.
SOURCE: Senator Strom Thurmond

From where I sit, it is possible that some technologies were developed or given a push by recovered UFO artefacts including something at one of the Roswell crash sites. That doesn't mean they definitely were but I would encourage you to follow the trail. Optical fibre, transistors and memory metal all look like interesting sudden steps forward technologically.

ETA: Oh, you are already reading it. Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I personally believe the original report that was made by the recovery crew. All the consequent changes of stance just seem to try and give a better discrediting story of the original statement...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Yes, you did...I forgot! Thank you. For me, its a polarized issue. The left side of my brain tells me something top secret and probably related to Nazi engineering was tested and crashed out there, while my right brain tells me something of extraterrestrial origin crashed that day in July 1947. The kicker for me is this, while Ill admit that there is a good possibilty that it was alien, and I dont discount the possibility, it is still difficult for me to believe the more fantastical portions, like we recovered bodies, etc. AS IF ANYTHING CRASHING TO EARTH NOT OF TERRESTRIAL ORIGIN ISNT FANTASTIC ENOUGH! Ha ha, does that make sense? Its difficult to articulate. I have felt that my best explanation is that we maybe recovered a probe. All debris, no bodies. I dont know:-) Sometimes I think I have it str8 and other times I dont.

I think its suspicious the military changed its story 5 times. In regards to the first announcement that a saucer was recovered, I think that was the only honest statement. I dont believe routine Project Mogul components would have nessitated the amount of logistics that were carried out that week, like the influx of troops, high ranking officers, and the flights to Fort Worth and to Wright Field for debris. Seems like alot of resources mobilized for a top secret listening balloon. I dont really think advanced rocket technology would have caused all that commotion either.

So what does it leave us with?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't believe that any of the stories were the full stories. There is a lot more to it than we think. There stories are all mixed up/

The first report didn't sound true ether. seemed the reporter didn't know what happened . Says disk landed but it was a crash . looks like maybe it could of happened but reported badly.

Now all the witnesses have a different stories it looks like its meant to be. if there is any truth in a story there is many to contradict it. Looks like it was made to be like that..

The people who cover this up don't really care what they tell us as a official report. they have given really lame stories over the years on many ufo events which no one logically can believe. There is so much evidence of a cover up but the truth is not out clearly i believe there is much more to it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a thought...Now, I know the U.S. military has been very happy allowing the American public to think that sightings of secret advanced aircraft are U.F.O.s. We know the C.I.A. utilized the U.F.O. phenomena to help cover clandestine projects, such as the U2 and Oxcart programs. While helpful and effective, I do not believe it was initially carried out with intention by military brass, but instead was a secondary effect that the United States took full advantage of.

Now here's my point...There's no way military officials had the foresight, imagination, or creativity in 1947 to develop a secret, clandestine project utilizing UFO witnesses to cover for advanced flight research projects in the skies. I don't believe the Army announced that first press release with the intention of covering over 60 years of advanced research. General Ramey would have had an IQ of a million if that had been the case.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

There is no way what seemed to appear just after the worlds first atomic tests was Nazi or any other known Earthly civilisation. If we accept the testimony of some ranking military officers, there may well have been bodies as a matter of fact. And you're right, no way was all the fuss over Mogul, rocketry or any other normal conventional technology of the time.

Yes the military have since used UFO stories and similar to cover up clandestine activities. However, that does not explain the abilities of the craft that appeared at the time and any postulated aliens (whether ET, time travellers, inter-dimensionals or whatever) would have to be a lot more careful - hence less visible - now. Humans are a very dangerous animal these days. You wouldn't believe what some of our secret technology can do - we even have cloaking (eat your heart out Capt. Kirk). Yes, covering up clandestine activity was a secondary outcome they took advantage of.

I think you are inching closer to the truth here.

If you want to see the evidence you will have to read some longish threads. It's all here on ATS already. Do you want the links?

edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: typo

edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

You're right...it's a giant can of worms! Shall we open it?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join