It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims It's Digging Graves for U.S. Troops in Case of Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Iran Claims It's Digging Graves for U.S. Troops in Case of Attack

www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran has dug mass graves in which to bury U.S. troops in case of any American attack on the country, a commander of the elite Revolutionary Guard said Tuesday, warning that a military strike would spark an "extensive war" in the region.

The announcement appears to be a show of bravado after the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Mike Mullen, said last week that the U.S. military has a contingency plan to attack Iran ...

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegr aph.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
www.marinecorpstimes.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to think of this. I haven't seen any aerial or satellite photos of these "mass graves", so it could be just simple scare tactics.

I'm left with the question: why does Iran think we will have troops on the ground in their country? Aren't they assuming that whatever attack or strike we perform will be much more surgical than just throwing some infantry at 'em?

Unless they know something that we don't (and I doubt that), I'm going to call their bluff on this one.

You decide, ATS.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just saw someone beat me to this a while ago. I've gotta start searching these things before I post.

Mods, feel free to delete or merge this. Sorry!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just saw someone beat me to this a while ago. I've gotta start searching these things before I post.

Mods, feel free to delete or merge this. Sorry!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Imagine how frightened the children of Iran are. To be waiting for a superior and evil empire to attack at any minute. I feel sorry for them. They will grow up to seek revenge.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is more of playground "my weiner is bigger" or "I am going to punch you into next Tuesday" kind of talk.

I would not take this literally.

join