It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perseid meteor shower 2010: Nasa says stargazers to enjoy dazzling space show

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

That is unfortunate mate. I'm gonna have a look out tonight but it has been raining all day, so once again I am not getting my hopes up!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Damn light pollution and clouds...

Happy Gazing people

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'm in the same boat here, they are like big orange clouds outside, combination of the street lights and low cloud!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Cloud cover last night where I am so unfortunately no show............ will have to rely on the BBC for a small video clip for posterity......

The ones I saw on Tuesday were definitely the most vivid although there were only two of them..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It's quite clear here today so I'm going to have a look and see tonight, might catch the tail end!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
last night was the first night all week i wasnt covered with clouds... they felt nice...

anyway so i finaly got to see the meteors, it was very cool i saw at least 3 or 4 every ten minutes, two of them were so bright they let out a strong sudden flash halfway through their percieved path.

unfortunately none of them came flameing from the sky landing at my feet like i always do wish one would.

btw im wondering, if these are all comeing from the same place as science says they are, then why do i see them coming from all directions in the sky?

the news articles have said to look to the northeast and they would come southwesterly, i have seen every variation of direction in what i saw last night,

can anyone explain to me how this is possible that it would be from some river of debris we are passing through as qouted in the op if they enter the earth at all angles and directions of travel?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Fantastic views here in BC on the Island, both days were very clear and the show was remarkable, 45 year old and never seen as many "shooting stars" as the past two nights......

Wish I knew how to take time laps of the night sky because it was very cool.

12 & 13th

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join