It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitchfork Rebellion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I haave posted some of this in the Matt Simmons thread in the BP forum but think this needs to get out further.
pitchforkrebellion.com...

The Pitchfork Rebellion is an Uprising of Forest Dwellers who are tired of being abused by Big Timber and Big Pesticide – i.e. ‘Big Agriculture’ – and who believe, as documented in our ongoing Investigation of the Influence of Big Business on State and Federal Agencies, that the government agencies charged with protecting the environment and the public health have been effectively co-opted by private industry to the profound detriment of the environment and the public health
Source

It should be noted this has not been updated in a long time as the principles, Day and Niela are virtually soft kills now and only seek to survive long enough to gather information on the "BUYING" of our State and get it out to those still trying to survive in the coast range
My own story is Cliff Noted here,

"In my post earlier I mentioned my ONE of my experiences of pointing out the corporate toxifying of the forest indwellers and how I was silenced, Heart attack. There are agents which cause temporary arteritis. What I have seen is the group we all belonged to ,"the Pitchfork Rebellion", was targeted and since the news story was written about 1/3 of us are dead I and my 2 sons had arteritis induced heart attacks, I watched on the angiogram as they gave my son some drug that opened his pinched coronary artery. My youngest son was given anti-inflamatories and steroids for the same.
I was given a triple bypass as "they" said I would die without it.
Shortly after I was released my wife had an arterial mini-stroke and now has a droop eye." My story is Chemical refugees scroll down

www.eugeneweekly.com...

My last visit to my Dr. out there was incredibly sad. Driving past the forest home I worked my life for and had to give up to survive. Hearing from Doc the expanding list of death and disease in the community and how many of the remaining are likely to leave.
As I have said in another post almost 1/3 have died in the last 14 yrs and the standing cancer rate is magnitudes over the norm. As in a school of 125 kids K-12, 8 had cancer as of the end of last yrs term

www.eugeneweekly.com...

This is the first I have spoke about this since just after the article. Within days of printing , while we were packing to get out we were harrased by chopper and spray for two days, were ill for almost two months. Me ,the wife , the kids, the dog, the cat( both dead of cancer BTW) even the elk herd living near got the #s. So I clammed up till now I must speak up again. Even if it cost the rest of my life, this need known

There is much more I have to say but my emotions are running high and will post them later.
N.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by N.of norml]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I read a little of your homepage and it sounds like big timber inc, has destroyed your lives! This is disgusting. I can't believe that aerial spraying is allowed right up to your property lines. What types of insecticides are they spraying? Would they even let you know?
I knew the Bush administration opened up the forests to clearcutting, having no regard whatsoever for the health of the environment or the people living in it.
It sounds like a lonely fight too, not having many neighbors to count on. Small areas such as where you live are regularly being destroyed for the benefit of the timber and mining interests. Here in Appalachia we have lost almost 500 mountains already to mountaintop removal mining - which creates huge profits for the mining companies since they need less workers to remove the coal. It's all done with gigantic machines. Once they've destroyed the mountain all the slag is pushed over the edge and down into the streams where it destroys all aquatic life and leaves the areas open to mudslides.
I wish there was something I could do to help, I will certainly spread your story around! This is heart-wrenching and makes me mad as a hornet. I will be praying for your family and your community that a solution may be found and your lives made whole again. Star and flag for importance.
Regards. ATA

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The thing I wonder.

How do these people sleep at night?

What are they spraying pesticide for, anyway?

The whole situation just seems insane.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The thing I wonder.

How do these people sleep at night?

What are they spraying pesticide for, anyway?

The whole situation just seems insane.

From what I have seen and what I know the applicators really believe the stuff harmless.
On our forestry land a three part strategy is used with a pallet of chems for each part.
part1 is kill the hardwoods that compete with Doug fir. This involves three aplications of various herbicides. early spring after the hardwoods bud but before the doug fir does Strait herbicides like Round -up are used Not like you get at home depot though as it causes severe respiratory distress and heart palpitations. Mid summer they spray Garlon and do road and powerline maintenance. and in december the use what is called a pre-emergant which stays dormant til spring and inhibits any regroth by the previously sprayed hardwoods.

part2 is a spring and fall dousing with various fungicides. Locals suspect this is what is causing the deer to lose their hair.

part 3 is rodenticide. Used to protect seedlings from wood rats it is also used to bring down deer populations in timber units.IMO this is the most likely component causing acute symptoms while the others contribute and create chronic conditions. This is also what the locals suspect are leading deer to water to die like a rat.
When I got sick my wife found me on the floor of the shower not breathing and cold water running this says I was in there at least an hr as we had a multiple hot water system which held almost 200gal heated by an outdoor wood fired boiler, Kind of like what the deer do, stagger to the water and partially submerge in it and die.

The whole situation IS insane from a human view but from an inhuman entity called a corporation it is just business.
The main issue is we get in the way of them going even farther with the rape. Most of us feel we are being exterminated like the rats and deer.
N.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

it's probably no wonder the general public doesn't even know this is happening. Could you imagine the outcry if we did? I am so sorry for you and your family and I cannot believe they are allowed to do this to wildlife let alone people!

I accidentally shoot a doe during deer season here and I loose my hunting privileges for 6 years and everything is confiscated.

They do it to a whole population and nothing happens.....

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DaMod]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just since I posted this one of the locals has discovered a site on a creek with over 90 empty bags of Atrazine scattered around the creek and in the water.He said there was white powder everywhere.
The creek is a headwater for about 30 farms that use the water for drinking and irrigation. Locals have pictures and are actively pursuing prosecution.
It is largely symbolic as the fines levied are usually sow low as to be a joke.
For instance I was able to photo a chopper over my home with the spray bars going. they were fined 1000$ roughly half to a third the cost of just 1hr flight time. So even if successful it will be a wholly symbolic victory as such is written off as cost of doing business for the timber companies.

The Atrazine found, as I said, scattered in and around the creek with white powder leaching from the wet bags into the water had been ther long enough to leave a roughly 50x 50 ft bald spot and a trail of dead plant down stream for a couple hundred yards, more than enough time for it to have reached the farms below.
Not to mention where it was applied is the spring which feeds the creek the bags were found in.

The sick thing is this is the ONE that got found....www.atsdr.cdc.gov...
N.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by N.of norml]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What a shocking story. My deep sympathies also, and may God watch over you all. I hope you get the recognition you deserve, doubly so since the justice you deserve seems so lacking, and in the hope that such a tragedy isn't repeatable.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I thank you brother for the compassion, that is all I really want not recognition except among the few who will read and heed. I do not want ANY MSM attention, ANY general internet attention, just to quietly spread the word.
It originally came out in another thread about the death of another whistleblower.
From that post;
"
As I said I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN when little people get too close to hurting a big corp.A mysterious fire the night before the samples were to ship and a family with four children is dead, the fire inspector investigating is dead at the scene inexplicably and the case closed. The person who coordinated the gathering of milk samples had their car bombed and is now in virtual hiding somewhere in the midwest.
Having had this happen in my life makes me say do not be quick to dismiss another scenario that is much darker than an old guy and a heart attack.

As for the info I gave, while it does deserve a post of it's own I am a "soft kill" from the area and fear that changing to a "hard kill" so only will obliquely talk about it.The guy who took my place as mouthpiece is dying right now of liver disease and never drank or drugged his whole life, He and I are on the F/U list for travel by air. IMO ANYONE bucking the system and getting somewhere is a target and their life is the whim of the PTB.
Bible calls them "powers and principalities" I just call them coporations.
Finally the cuop de grace I said I was "soft killed" for making big waves for the timber corps, right? within 3 months of pissing them off first my 21yr old had a "heart attack" and flatlined in front of me but was revived and has largely recovered. In 2 more weeks my 10 yr old son did the same. A week later I seized and had a heat attack at 42. So if I am a bit more suspicious about this you know why."

So you see, while I do want to let folks know, I do not wish to have any notoriety.
N.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I understand your position better now and respect that wish. I agree, it's not worth the future hassle to be involved with them in any form at all. That's some really dirty low-ball it sounds like they're playing. You and your remaining community certainly have my best wishes for the future.

Hopefully some new lands can be found to live in which are farther than their hideous operations?

new topics

top topics

join