It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship visits former foe Vietnam, China warns US to stay out of Yellow Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
but you can't trust public figures.
how many nukes does it take.
2468 is overkill, so is 180

I know we can't trust public figures, but this is best statistics that I can find and see the outcome. Yes, 2,468 is overkill and China should keep their mouth shut then move on.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
John McCain is in Vietnam, again?...

Will it/he return victorious?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
to hell with china and their threats
We support their economy regardless of how much they think we owe them.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
im just glad to see the trend of people we used to fight with being friendly its a step in the right direction NEVER underestimate the Vietnamese good t see were getting more friends in that region hopefully its a sign of things to come heck for all we know in 15 years iraq could be helping us(assumeing there not swallowed up) i wonder what ho chi min(sp) would think of this lets just take this for what it is former foes being friendly with eachother and trying to co-operate and its alwase good to get more manpower to counter act china's sheniagains

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
John McCain is in Vietnam, again?...

Will it/he return victorious?

This caught my attention as well. A former POW who's family name is blazoned on a boat sitting in a Vietnam harbor, yah no underlying message/agenda there.

brill

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Or maybe he'll cover up a false-flag like he did with the USS Liberty.

Who knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't understand
I thought China was like a Wal-mart with a bank in it.
We get all cheap products from them and they lend us money to buy all those cheap products.
Now they say we can shop and bank there, but can't park in the parking lot?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
you gotta understamd china a little more though how would you feel if the world police occupying force was getting closer and closer to your homeland americas gotta take a chill pill with trying to monopolize every 3rd world country near china

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
thats fine and dandy...now they are in the 1990's. They still dont have bluewater Navy. Do you know what that means??

Originally posted by djvexd
This might give you a better understanding of China's Naval capabilities:
Chinese Naval Modernization PDF
Quote:" Although China’s naval modernization effort has substantially improved China’s naval
capabilities in recent years, observers believe China’s navy continues to exhibit limitations or
weaknesses in several areas, including capabilities for sustained operations by larger formations
in distant waters, joint operations with other parts of China’s military, C4ISR systems, anti-air
warfare (AAW), antisubmarine warfare (ASW), MCM, and a dependence on foreign suppliers for
certain key ship components.8
The sufficiency of Chinese naval capabilities is best assessed against its intended missions.
Although China’s navy has limitations and weaknesses, it may nevertheless be sufficient for
performing certain missions of interest to Chinese leaders. As China’s navy reduces its
weaknesses and limitations, it may become sufficient to perform a wider array of potential
missions."
Quoted from above sourced article. And as a side note China would not sink a U.S. Carrier unless it was fully prepared and alert for a full-scale retaliation, and it would be a non-nuclear response. While politicians like to wave thier foam "We will Nuke you" fingers at other countries the reality for a nuclear response or strike, are very well defined, and strictly held to by the POTUS and the DOD.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bypassandy

why dont you ask tibet how they feel about china being in there backyard i cant think of any other examples off the top of my head but they seem to think tiawan is theres and the tiwanese seem to disagree

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bypassandy
you gotta understamd china a little more though how would you feel if the world police occupying force was getting closer and closer to your homeland americas gotta take a chill pill with trying to monopolize every 3rd world country near china

so it was ok for the americans to save china from the japanese but now its not ok for the americans to protect anyone who asks from the chinese? good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I am well aware of what a "blue water navy" is. Although I don't understand what your objection against information from a think tank that is paid to analyze intelligence that neither, you nor I (anymore)have access to,is. As a matter of fact I probably know quite a bit more about "blue water navies" than you pretend to. Calm down, read the report, and lower the Testo levels.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

Originally posted by bypassandy

so it was ok for the americans to save china from the japanese but now its not ok for the americans to protect anyone who asks from the chinese? good luck with that.

My thought exact to your comment. China was under grace by USA's military to stop Japan from occupied China. China was very vulnerable to Japan in 1940's and they are losing their populations not military because they almost have none. Is this a thanks we get from China?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
once again another thread showing the pure Ignorance of a large p0rtion of american society...

I am glad a few of you out there realise the consequences of Americas actions.

In order to occupy countries you need a population...WELL...china has that population.

plus China has nuclear capabilities....plus china has a 200million man army...that is just their troop numbers.

America has a measly population of what approx 720million.

China is a very vast mountainous region...Damn American get a grip.

I can see that the American brainwashing tactics have work perfectly...all the kids getting up and pledging aleigence to the flag each morning.
Watching only American Television.

Learning only American doctored history.

you go Ahead and keep on pledging allegience to your flag as you keep pissing off nation after nation.

why not just go piss off india too while your at it then you can have 2/3 of the world population disliking you.

it's bad enough to hear your goverment doing these things but to hear the people actually think it is sooooo very disapointing.

have you not heard of learning from others.

are your ways so egotistical that you think (AND I MEAN THINK) you have the might to take on the world.

has not this great planet of ours suffered enough.

Is this how you want your Nation of so called Liberty to go down in the history books.

cause so many people of the world do not want your Liberty where people run amok with guns.
where your social support system does not help it's own members of society.
where it was only fifty + years ago you still had slavery.
where your death penalties laws are still arcane.
where you still go into mass debt just to go to the hospital.
clean up your own backyard before trying to clean up the rest of the world.

you have lost war after war after war.
vietnam
korean
afghanistan(your still losing)
Iraq(your still losing)

and if you think at all that just sending off nukes that'll fix it...
how dumb is that.....when a nuke strikes fallout does not pick a border and stays in it.

so sound your horns for the battle cry all you want.

but it WILL NOT make the world a better place.

but the Bush family the Rothchilds the rockerfellers Silvermans will all get filthy rich on the backs of our deaths.

[edit on 113131p://f33Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I didn't quote the whole diatribe you postd for fear of it taking away from my response.

While you are correct in some respects, that the general population goes about their business fat dumb and happy, there is a growing minority of people here in the United States that questions the ability of our government to well, quite simply govern. As such a lot of people that may not wish to be heard publicly for fear of reprisal so and will continue to write to Congress, organize meetings and slowly vote these people out.

But to classify an entire population as dumb idiots is just on the verge of egotistical yourself. The UK has had it's share of stupid, blunderhead leaders, so have we, every once and a while a beacon of hope springs up, but here at least that hasn't been for a number of years in any office that could really make a difference. Most children today do question that which they are taught because it is so off the wall at times, even to them it makes little to no sense.

I hate when someone who doesn't live here, has the audacity to lump everyone in one gigantic boat and say "well that's how it is" It's not how it is on a day to day basis, and it won't be forever as well.

As for China, they are an ancient and proud society, I love traveling there, I love to interact with the Chinese people and would never lump them in with their government, even though as a Japanese birth, i have an internal hatred for China, I have no hatred or malice of thought to the Chinese people.

So I guess my point is before you lump a population into a category, ask people from that category if they really feel as you seem to think they do, just because someone isn't posting everywhere they can find, does not mean they don't agree.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

And once again a propagandist enters the realm of reality. China's 200 million man army are conscripts from most of the outlying areas and not volunteers. We have all seen the realities of when you put a gun in someone's hand and force them to fight. And your tally of America's conflicts seems a bit biased. Vietnam, yes we did lose. Korea we(meaning the U.S. and 10 other countries) battled the NK from virtually the south of the penninsula until the 33rd parallel (the Seoul area) before the armistice was signed. How many Chinese troops died in that conflict hmm? Iraq.......we are still losing? Really? Afghanistan I have to agree that we will probably need to cut our losses there. China while an emerging superpower in the region is far from being able to repel a major coordinated offensive. Most of the "troops" are poor farmers whom are required by the government to take up arms. They are filed with the U.N. tracking body as full time troops and not as reservists. Do a tad more research outside of your propaganda and understand the truth. Oh and by the way...how did a measley little island called Japan take apart the mighty China in WW2. China got America's help to repel them too. In virtually EVERY offensive China has ever launched against an outside force it has failed miserably. The only warfare the have succeeded in is against thier own people.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

i dont think any one brought up india man why toss them into the mix there good people and i haven't run into any one who isn't a racist in the usa that has even the slightest hatred or fear of indians its widely considered to be a defacto ally or atleast far more friendly then hostile.now whats your obession with american occupations? you think were the only ones occupying countries? china has occupied tibet and wants to occupy tiawan(dont think they want to be occupied) ,the soviet union and later russia (i belive they call it a protectorate) still controls mongolia most of europe has occupied half the globe for longer then even the USA has been around.iraq and iran tried to conquer eachother and that would have led to guess what occupation,the spanish occupied most of latin america and we know how that went not one country has clean hands in this world not ONE

(ps) if you happen to live in america your free to leave any time you want sure you would be welcome in many places if you dont like your home land

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

well if you had read what i typed then you might not have when ito such a rant.

first off i said large portion.

second of all i said i was glad to see some of you actually see.

and if you take a pool from nations of the world at this juncture in time you might realise that.

Also i have many American Friends...and i have travelled and visited 47 states including Hawii and Alaska.

my statement concerns the saber rattling on here and the arrogance of many of the posters that say Bring it on without any realistic rationalisation of the consequeces of war.

by the way...i am from Canada but i live in the uk

and i have lived in Singapore,New Zealand,Mexico and the middle east

I also speak Cantonese and Arabic(not so fluent in arabic)

and i am now teaching myself Mandarin

[edit on 123131p://f33Wednesday by plube]

[edit on 013131p://f17Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

No i dont live in the states and least i have lived many other places in the world Including the states to have a feel of what people think of the American push for Dominance...so i will say the same to you...leave the states and live in other parts of the world to better understand the things that you dont have.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

okay lets put it this way for you then...if someone was going to go into China after an encounter...do you think that these conscripts would all of a sudden say "oh we dont like this"

I dont think so...and back in ww2 china was not at all int the position it is now....look at most your products.

MADE IN CHINA

so go ahead ...just keep waving your all mighty flag to the nations of the world.

like i say...it still takes population to occupy a nation.

also i mentioned India...bless them.....because that is one more massive population that you need to piss off to get 2/3 of the world population to go against you....i never said you had done anything...YET

and i knew this would get a rebuttle...but if it wakes some people up that there are consequences for nations actions then it is a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join