It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than sight object from 18Jul2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here is another faster than sight object on video from last month

www.archive.org...

The video is 31.3 mb and takes about 10 to 15 minutes to download.

The cloud formation is about 1/2 to a mile wide and this object seems to cross it in 8 or 9 seconds. Of course the faint object might be much closer than the cloud but that doesn't appear to be the case as it follows the contours.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
how is something faster than sight?? Please clue me in....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
To be faster than sight it must be at least as small as a bird and moving very fast. You can't see bullets. Many small bugs flying by can't be seen. We see pretty slowly compared to birds. I have one video where it spooked a sparrow. It was only with the camcorder showing them every 1/30 of a second that they become visable. Human sight is pretty slow. I shoot lots of video with clouds as background and then play them back in slow motion and things just appear.

Try it. It's fun looking. Maybe they are bugs. But bugs that can only be seen when the video is slowed down.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Faster than sight would be...invisible right?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
pretty well invisible. But the camcorder stops the action each 1/30 of a second so it becomes visable when played at normal speed. In most cases it's much easier to see these objects when the video is slowed down.

I shoot lots of video and play them back before I get anything of interest.

To assume that the sky has been empty of life when the ocean and land are covered just doesn't make sense. There is unseen life in the sky. Lots of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Be interesting to know why the cloud was being filmed, but I would guess an insect flying close to the camera. Not sure why anyone would suppose otherwise?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wouldn't this need to be in slow motion to capture something too fast to see? That object does not look like something moving too fast to be seen by eye.

Also, the link mentions that to object in question flew 1/2 to 1 mile, but wouldn't they need to know how far from the camera the object was to be able to determine this? I think -- and as Essan pointd out above -- this could have easily been an insect relatively close to the camera that flew for far less than 1/2 mile.

It's more likely that the videographer was concentrating on the far off clouds that he did not notice the insect flying close to the camera (although he would have seen it if he looked). Why would he notice it if it was just an simple insect?

By the way, there is another object that flies past the lower right side of the frame at about the :03 mark. That object looks to be moving like a bird or maybe another insect.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectateSwamp
To be faster than sight it must be at least as small as a bird and moving very fast. You can't see bullets. Many small bugs flying by can't be seen. We see pretty slowly compared to birds. I have one video where it spooked a sparrow. It was only with the camcorder showing them every 1/30 of a second that they become visable. Human sight is pretty slow. I shoot lots of video with clouds as background and then play them back in slow motion and things just appear.

Try it. It's fun looking. Maybe they are bugs. But bugs that can only be seen when the video is slowed down.

Yea u can't see bullets..... But there is no such thing as faster than sight LOL. bullets travel faster than the speed of sound not sight.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
looks like a bug

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectateSwamp

SpectateSwamp.....

May I ask where the video came from?

Did you film it?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It looks like there are several objects passing in front of the cloud, could you please tell us which one are you talking about?

Specially in a case in which things are difficult to notice it always help if you say where should we look.

Thanks in advance.

PS: if it was faster than sight, being filmed wouldn't make it visible because the video plays at the same speed as things were happening, the biggest difference is the field of view, when only at a video we have our eyes focused on a very small area, while in reality that area was much larger (unless it was zoomed in).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The object comes in at the top left. About 8 seconds in and appears to follow the contour of the cloud. The cloud was about 5 miles away and I was at full zoom (15X) The mountain it was hovering over gave me a pretty good estimate.

I am so glad some of you have taken a look. Some of the best are also uploaded to archive.org so you can examine the videos just like I have. In the cloaked video there was a flurry of activity and one of the much smaller objects flew right up to where the semi cloaked and much larger object was. The tobacco leaf flyer came very close to the camcorder and made about 8 or 9 other passes in that same clip. The vent stack crawler was on the same day as the cloaked object.

www.telusplanet.net...

One needs to go frame by frame with Ulead or Nero to see the objects best.

I'm going to shoot some more clouds this afternoon. Its far more interesting than watching afternoon soaps.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

After making my post I saw it, and the way it moves reminds me of a bird following an insect (or another bird, but for that the movement would be a little different).

The other objects I saw are probably just birds, also, but at least that's a nice video of a cloud.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My obsession with these FTS objects has lead to improvements in My custom MultiMedia player. Now I can display large font (48 point) detailing where to watch on the screen; followed by the specific segment of the video played multiple times in slow motion and normal speed. Then the next section etc. It also runs randomly for even more excitement.

Please view this video:
www.youtube.com... It's a dumb old screen reshoot.

To view it with a lot more resolution. Download the original videos, the text control file and the exe to a USB stick. Hook your PC to a large screen TV and be ready to see something incredible

www.telusplanet.net... All the details you need to start hunting FTS objects of your own...

Go get 'em
edit on 21-12-2012 by SpectateSwamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I still think they could be insects -- some flying close to the camera.

edit on 12/21/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Reserving judgement on this one. I caught it mid screen and magnified it, but it's so blurry it's almost impossible to see detail. Maybe someone with good software can do better.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SpectateSwamp

The latest video feature is a "creep along" mode where the same segment plays multiple times.

eg.
start play at 10.02 play for 1/10 second ie to 10.12
then creep ahead to 10.04 play for 1/10 second to 10.14
then creep ahead to 10.08 play for 1/10 second to 10.18
then creep ahead to 10.10 play for 1/10 second to 10.20
then creep ahead to 10.12 play for 1/10 second to 10.22
You'll see detail that was not seen before.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't know what exactly it is for certain, however it definitely looks to be nothing more than a bird...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...
This ain't no bird

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpectateSwamp

www.youtube.com...
This ain't no bird

yeah it looks like a 2 leaves attached to a stem blowing in the wind.

Great video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join