It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU considers levying taxes directly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
"EU considers levying taxes directly"

link:www.bbc.co.uk...

This seems a bit obvious. One small step for europe, one giant leap for New World Order.

If you do not want to see the total loss of individual countries and national powers of europe and so on, please, be LOUD in europe with your voices of outrage and simply do not allow the few to continue telling the many how high to jump.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It sounds like a European version of the IRS. The member countries will lose even more autonomy when it goes into effect.

Fight it if you can. After they get in there it'll spread and get bigger. It will continue all of the way down to the individual citizens if you let it.

Fight it before it's too late.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is a very bad idea, the EU Commission is unelected, unaccountable, and undemocratic. The EU budget has never been signed off. EU spending is haphazard and favours certain countries and certain groups, Spanish fishermen and French Farmers to name two.

This would be the start of the creation of a monolithic Stalinist World Government, or a precursor by creating blocks of control, North America, South America, Asia, and so on before amalgamating them into one structure.

As each nation in Europe signed the Lisbon Treaty, even when certain nations voted against and others were denied a free vote on the matter, there is no way any country could back except by armed insurrection. The homogenisation of political parties means there is no effect opposition to these plans in the national states, except for the lunatic fringes, so we're stuck with the idea.

This is the start of the demise of nation states in Europe, next if will be the NAFTA countries and nearby nations that get swept up into a North American Alliance.

It's too late to be paranoid, it's too late to worry about what can be done to stop things, they're happening now, or have already happened. Don't bother with your bugout bag, you won't be allowed to vanish into the hills, and in the UK there's nowhere to go anyway, everything is too closely controlled.

The Frankfurt School, Common Purpose, and New Labour have won, allied with other parties in Europe they will finally realise Hitler's dream of one fascist nation from the Atlantic Ocean to the Ural Mountains, and from the Arctic Circle to the Mediterranean.

God help us all, because nobody else is riding in on a white horse to save the day!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
United European alliance - taking little longer to achieve i'm happy we are all grouping together to kick some ass

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
good catch....its people like you or us... that will see it coming and warn the sheeple that will listen and prepare as best we can can against TPTB.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Fight it before it's too late.

Why?

I know there is a loss of Sovereignty involved blaa blaa blaa but in all bloody fairness.. The EU became a legal entity State in December last year.. So fight what? The progress that the vast majority of us choose in some shape or form at some stage..

Big deal.. European Unity under the same corrupt democratic system as everyone else.. Only thing is, the EU system is based on a Social Democratic model so they have caring about citizens built into the constitution..

Any FYI.. If they bring in this tax in replacement of contributions directly from member states.. Then I welcome it... Because it will work better for everyone... Simply because we won't have to pay as much.. It will be taxing the markets instead of our governments.

And if the markets raise their costs as a result, I'll just buy something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
This is a very bad idea, the EU Commission is unelected, unaccountable, and undemocratic.

Em.. They are almost 100% accountable to the Parliament and the Elected Member state governments.. Where did you get that idea from?

The Commissioners are directly controlled by the elected Parliaments they represent.. And any commission movements are at the mercy of a vote by the ELECTED EU PARLIAMENT..

Also.. What Civil Service section of any democratic Government in the World is elected? Not in any EU states anyway.. Not the US or Canada Either..

Yes there are some gaps in the traditional type Democratic elements behind the EU - ie the Overall leader should be elected directly by the people.. But thats going to take at least another decade to set up, think about the logistics..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know exactly what should be done nor exactly what a preferred solution would be.

But none here can truly be so ignorant (DENY!) to think that the EU common markets of the 70's just happened to evolve into this almost all powerful european nation state? NO, it was by design, and that is the issue. Others have design for you and your loved ones. And you either have the choice to lie down and accept your fate like the sheep, or make some noise and at the least offer some resistance. Whether that be by organizing protest groups, lobbying government, media etc, or face painting yourself and handing out leaflets outside your local brasserie. Do something, and then at least something is being done.

Did I get it wrong, but I thought Ireland voted NO to the Lisbon treaty. But of course that wasn't acceptable, the people were not allowed to have their say and eat it, so the vote was pushed back on the people until they voted the correct way.

Oh but I suppose thats democracy in action right?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ooppps double quote.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by 21st century man]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 21st century man
But none here can truly be so ignorant (DENY!) to think that the EU common markets of the 70's just happened to evolve into this almost all powerful european nation state? NO, it was by design, and that is the issue.

Of course it was.. Tell me one time during history where the masses haven't been controlled in some way by the few. Please. Because unless you mention anarchy, then you have nothing.

So what!! Big deal!! A one world government is in the pipeline. The EU has been planned by great minds. Greater minds than ours. People who are now dead.. Whoop di do... Did they do it for themselves? No.. Because they are dead. They did it for the greater good.. Economic, military and political cooperation in order to stop another two thousand years of European war.

One of the next major milestones for our civilization is the Unification of our species. You can bitch about it all you want but it is the only way we will survive as a species because without unification, we will wipe ourselves out.. AND only with unification can we discover our true potential.

And there is a problem with people doing this behind the curtain simply because the average person is too small minded to agree with this idea? Are you serious? Really.

As you said.. Deny Ignorance.. Open your mind. Think about it for a minute.

Oh but I suppose thats democracy in action right?

1. Great things are never borne through Democracy.. Democracy is installed later.

2. Winston Churchill once said "The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter".. And he was dead right..

Democracy is a scam in every country.. We just gotta deal with it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I agree that the human race needs to learn to live together.

But, in regards to democracy being a scam, do we just have to "deal with it".

If people felt that way in past generations, then the revolutions would never have happened.

So why the hell does everyone think that way now?

Why would this model of unification - bear in mind, that this model is completely out of sync with nature - ensure our survival?

Look at what the prototype, China, has become. Do you really want to wake up one day in a world where you have no rights and are a slave? We should be beyond that as a species.

The system is corrupt to the core. If a new system is built off the back of the old one it too will be corrupt.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I do agree with you there.. Once it is built up, it needs to be torn down but once we have evolved enough in a civilization sense, then the result of "tearing down" will be pretty civilized and will result in decentralization but we will still be unified.

Wishful thinking I know but I have faith in it.. I will be long dead at that stage though lol.

Democracy is a scam, really. When a new leadership is voted in.. what changes? Very little to be fair. But what can we do about it? Protest, Argue, educate.. but the vast majority of people are too stupid or sidetracked to care unfortunately so we need to have faith in our Political classes.. One thing is true though.. The model of corporate and banking capitalism we have now will have to be restructured before any real power can be given to the people.

And in relation to Ireland stopping the Lisbon treaty from going through.. Ireland, ie. .4% of the EU population voted on it, 0.23% of the population voted against it.. All the elected leaders of every other state gave the go ahead.. Is it democratic if Ireland stopped it? 0.23% is not a majority.

We both have good points.. It is a tricky argument though.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 21st century man

Good find,but not good news.

The European Commission wants EU member states to consider allowing it to levy direct taxes - a move that could ease the burden on national budgets.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Propaganda translation:

The EU is going to add another layer of taxes onto us all,even though none of us have voted for the whole deal.It won't "ease the burn on national bugets" but will add to the coffers of the EU,whislt continuing to strain local economies at a time of great economic distress IMO.

We now live in the new commie bloc of Europe.
We have a common purpose
to give our money to our loving unelected EU overlords.

But what do we get back in return?
Oh yeah,absolutley jack squat is what,in fact even less than that,we just have to pay and submit to the latest laws,without having ANY input whatsoever.
Even our fool individual governments can't do much,as they have basically sold us all down the river for their own buisness deals.
Total autoerotic practicioners IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For those that did not read the article, this is what it says at the beginning:

The EU's Budget Commissioner, Janusz Lewandowski, said he would present some options next month for direct EU taxes.

Taxes on aviation, financial transactions and CO2 emission permits are all possibilities, he told the daily Financial Times Deutschland.

They also have this:

The 27 EU member states pay a fixed contribution to the EU budget, based on their gross domestic product and a percentage of their sales tax (VAT).

And:

France and Germany are pushing for a financial transaction tax in the EU, but the UK argues that any such tax must apply globally and be co-ordinated by the International Monetary Fund.

So, does this means that the UK, instead of a EU tax, wants a world tax?

new topics

top topics

join