It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monayyy! It's a trip...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is not just a post. This is a freaking experience!

Let's get right to it.

As humans we have a special ability to impart a piece of our spirit on inanimate objects. (With a fierce breath God shook the waters after causing to manifest the heaven and the earth. From the dirt clotted by spit he fashioned a man with twelve ribs.) Indeed, the Creator bestowed on his creations the ability to make ordinary things have the semblance of life.

For the purpose of this post we will believe Adam, the first man, was personification in the literal sense (God's eye view from dirt) and whenever a human imparts their spirit is personification in the actual sense. To support this belief let us also assume Nature doesn't exist in reality; that the entire world (everything that was, is, or will be) was created for Man - to be explored by us, exploited by us and destroyed by us but also so we have the opportunity to play the role of creator (free-will). And if in fact - "All the world is a stage, the men merely players." - there is no ultimate right or wrong. Right or wrong within this equation are simply useless abstractions of dialectic used in court-rooms as a means of adjudication. (Eh hum, forgive my verbosity).

Needless to say we are like cats, eternally curious, and this very curiosity is how we as children experience the Creator and patriarch of all life. In other words, we have a preoccupation to be like God and it is through curiosity that we experience the significant, the fatalistic, and the God-like.

AND ON THE FIRST EPIC NIGHT THEY BATTLED BEASTS

Humanity's appetite proved unrelenting as she subjected Nature to her will. Nature and men. Whoever stands above nature naturally is in position to rule. Could there be anything more beautiful than Genghis Khan's regal purple as he conquered like a whirlwind half the world? Or anything more splendid than science that will within 200 years make men invincible?

If sin exists the grandest trespass against the spirit must be not raising to your fullest potential. "Yeah, I'm the smartest most interesting dude to ever be able to do it, but I don't wanna do it 'cause I like to fish." doesn't add up. Or, "I'm going to shrink away from this huge purpose in front of me because I don't like to get my hands dirty." doesn't make sense. There are larger processes at work in the world that makes stagnation a mortal sin. We are always either enveloping more space and transubstantiating matter into spirit or shrinking and being consumed by decrepitude. ("that law of life, so cruel and so just, that one must grow or else pay more for remaining the same")

It follows that the world as it exists today is paradoxically in great shape. During the Dark Ages people were more subject to the caprices of nature than we are today; humanity as a whole was more sinful because they weren't making their presence felt within the simulation. The natural world is simply the default, the blank page, and not a savior has written so much upon that page as dear Prometheus with his torch. Moses did much in grounding out Paganism. Jesus did a lot by walking the path of freedom as did Buddha by detaching himself. What actually did these men teach if not a conscious departure from nature? - From the senses, desire, and the youthful mindset. They taught the power to will oneself to perfection, to the unreachable, and away from the given.

Theirs are the commandments we follow in our modern world of [insert anti-euphemism]. Straight in their footsteps. I see the whore of Babylon sitting upon the mechanized world bedecked in ivory colored gowns with angels lighting her flank. Thus speaks the modern prophet: Pollution, Greed, and Weariness guard the gates of paradise, who of you thinks themselves worthy to enter?

IN THE MORNING DANCES WERE DANCED AND TALES TOLD

Ever touch something like a picture of a relative and immediately get an intimate sensation like they were standing right next to you? Or get an autographed napkin you wanted to display to all your friends? Of course you have. Have you ever asked yourself why? It's because inanimate objects can be infused with a magical quality. Everything, in fact, has this capacity for magical energy (Let's call the process Co-creating Reality) even this website has the magic after you touch it with your digital digits (fingers).

Let's look at co-creation a bit more closely. Everything is made of energy. On an atomic level it's impossible to tell where your nose stops and the computer screen begins. Tweetle Dee chirps in waves Tweetle Dum sings in particles. That is matter, but what does matter is the Law of Conservation of Energy, energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It follows that if you apply force over a given distance you have done Work, Work amounts to a change in energy. As I type this post I am doing work, ostensibly moving my fingers an inch to strike keys but I am also doing work of the spirit/intellect by transforming an idea into words.

ON THE THIRD AFTERNOON THERE WAS ENLIGHTENMENT

With this post I share some of my spirit with the masses.

If I touched a dollar and gave it to you I would be giving you a dollar that I created and upon receiving it you would be creating it too and between us there would be a passing of an infinitesimal amount of spirit that's averaged amongst all other people who are touching a dollar bill so therefore there is the process of co-creation an act of the power of will whose ultimate aim seems to be a departure from nature into either an a.) completely spiritual existence or b.) a completely mechanized existence and this concludes this fun post, don't you agree with what I said?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
this is a righteous and thoughtful post

I am way tired right now ,but as much thinking as I am currently able to do tells me I like where you're going with this

maybe tomorrow after I have slept I will be able to think of something pithy to say until then create away!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
When I first saw the title I just checked it out to see what it was about....thinking it wouldn't be serious. But damn! You thought about this a lot! Certainly made me think. I'm especially interested in "imprinting". I do think that energy can be imprinted. Like what you said about touching a picture. This is what some psychics do when they ask for a picture of a missing person and get vibes from it. There have been documented cases where they can do this. Great post and S&F for you. Leaving for work soon, but I'll come back and read tomorrow!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I inserted the title when I was only halfway done thinking I would eventually get to do more about money but it would have taken too long. My first post on BTS btw.

new topics

top topics

join