It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy 5, Begs Soldiers Not To Take His Dad, For Stealing Water.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I caught this on the news the other day and it broke my heart to see the little boy crying and screaming for his father.

It just shows what a crazy, messed up world we live in. For gods sake it was only water he stole, hardly the crime of the century!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

It was posted in YouTube comments section and had a very deep meaning, thought I'd post it here too

...and there you see a new terrorist being born in the age of 5

That is the first thing I thought of after watching the movie.

You don't think that kid is gonna have some resentment towards the uniforms that took his dad away (assuming his dad doesn't come back, or assuming that stuff like this is constant and it isn't just a one time thing).

To put it plainly, it all sucks.

I'm sure if you google it, you'll find sources in Israel stating that Israel officials are now claiming that the family staged this incident and directed the child to run after the father and cry to spread anti-Israel sentiment.

Worst cover-story ever.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If lived in a sh*thole like that where I have to fight or steal to get water, I would do it too.

Thats all that needs to be said.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is indeed sad that it had to happen this way, but stealing water is problematic in the area.
www.ynet.co.il...

"The Palestinians are connecting illegally to the supply lines of Mekorot and are causing a shortage in Hebron, Kiryat Arba, Yatta, and the surrounding villages."

Before usual chorus starts to sing, water is stolen from Palestinian and Israeli water source. Hebron is mostly Palestinian and Yatta is huge Palestinian village-town.
So i really feel sad for the kid, but his father did stole the water (and not a bottle of it but connected directly to major water supply). Why authorities in place - i do not know if it is Palestinian or Israeli territory - apparently do not supply water to all is a good question and it is the real issue, not a kid who clearly wants his father near him.
If it happens because this house was built without any permit or planning - and this does happen a lot - this is the fault of the family. If not , then something is very wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Link to some background info on this story: www.haaretz.com...

For some background on the water issue with Israel/Palestinians with a seemingly slight slant see this: www.grist.org...

A link that stays neutral: www.mideastweb.org... and www.mideastweb.org... (scroll down to "Water")

top topics

<< 1   >>

join