It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law on police to be discussed nationwide on the web – Medvedev

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

New law on police to be discussed nationwide on the web – Medvedev

rt.com

President Medvedev has announced that a new law On Police will be open for a nationwide discussion on the Internet from August 7 till mid September, which is an unprecedented event for Russia.

According to the Russian head of state, presenting the bill to the public is a crucially important step. “It is the first time ever that we bring up for such a wide discussion a bill affecting the interests of all citizens,” he said. “We have important power structures, but it is the police that is at the frontline of work with our citizens,” he underlined.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If from what Im reading is correct, the citizens of Russia will be able to comment on a new police law that is supposed to come out soon. Im in the US, but I do have to say, way to go Russia with this one.

How often do other countires governments let their citizens discuss new laws coming out? Does the US government ask anyone here what they think about a new law? The government actually asking you to discuss the law?

Im glad one country encourages and listens to their citizens to discuss things that affect their life.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here's the website that the discussion is supposed to take place on. zakonoproekt2010.ru Its all in Russian (of course).

There's 11 chapters, and already theres a couple hundred comments all together. My internet translator was able to translate a little more than half.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is a really great step in the right direction. Of course Russia has its fair share of problems, with human rights, terrorism, and questionable ethics in regard to government-intelligence community-mafia connections. But, as I said, this is still a really good step in the right direction.

I hope we start to see more and more stuff like this, and not just in Russia, in the future.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
At last we're seeing every person's voice count, and not just a simple majority !

Way to go Russia !

Peace!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The scum thug cops that plague america would never consent to such nor would their sociopathic masters. ???? allow discussion of any police policy!!! Yea, right. Not in amerika.
Solszenitsen (sp?) once said (back in the 70's) that one day russia would be the free society and america would be totalitarian.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
President Medvedyev--" Should new law allow police to beat and shoot criminal or limit to beat into coma?"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This makes me happy...finally...technology has included the populace.

Social Hierarchies...this is your last call...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, net is the ultimate democracy platform. So it is step in correct direction.
There are some problems though with this system:
Public should know what they are discussing. All those boring articles and paragraphs in laws to me seem more like hyeroglyphs since i do not get what it means. But i suspect that it is the same with majority in parliaments....
It is very easy to falsify the site, questions , discussions and participants. Easier then in current system that involves tons of paper work. Instead of needing bunch of corrupt individuals all other the country, only admin needs to be corrupt.
Not all are connected to internet. Cities and large industry centers would get their voice more heard then some village that does not have even phone.
So on general - direction is positive. If i personally would trust such a system right now in my country - i do not know.
Someday though it deserves to be the system of law making.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, it'll let them discuss the Law...but if a majority disagreed with it...would the government even care?

Prop 8 in California recently was overturned due to the anger and disgust over the offensive and inhumane law. The people spoke and the decision for freedom was made.

One of the very few times the opinion of the people mattered.

But anyway, props to Russia, I guess. But I don't see this as groundbreaking or anything too special.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Being a Russian myself (and having grown up there and visited there often since moving away), being able to discuss this bill means absolutely nothing. Putin (not Medvedev) runs the show, and the government is literally no different than it was in the twenty years preceding the fall of the Soviet.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
Being a Russian myself (and having grown up there and visited there often since moving away), being able to discuss this bill means absolutely nothing. Putin (not Medvedev) runs the show, and the government is literally no different than it was in the twenty years preceding the fall of the Soviet.

Exactly. Many individuals fail to realize that Putin, no matter what is and will be in charge until he is dead.

The Russian government does not care about the people.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Bravo! That's all I can say! This is just like something I mentioned here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Funny, before the new FSB law came out they asked nobody. And I really think they don't care about the opinions of their citizen.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Exactly. Many individuals fail to realize that Putin, no matter what is and will be in charge until he is dead.

The Russian government does not care about the people.

Yes, Putin most definitely will be in charge. It's no coincidence that, before changing from President to Prime Minister, he transferred a great deal of presidential powers to the prime ministerial position (including the abilities to appoint all governors and all state Duma/Congress members). He has even single-handedly removed a few Duma members and replaced with with more "Putin-friendly) individuals.

It's also worth nothing that, having been out of the presidency for one term, Putin is now eligible to run for president again and has already mentioned on several occasions that he is "considering it".

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Discuss it sure, actually have a say in it? Time will tell I guess, more power to them if thats the case!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is great news!

I hope one day all governmental policies take advantage of the internet and use it as a discussion forum with open access for the citizens. That's taking representation to a true level. It would the single most important use of the internet, ever.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So now Russia is more of a democracy than us.

Great.

Hi Russia. If you keep this up I am moving there.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
AHA the uk done this to with a website.
But the bad thing is the majority believe the msm and dont even know any other news or gulf tonken or whatever.
so they might suggest something which later they regret and it will take years to undoo.
If all govs where really good and legit then its cool yes.
groups can go post what they want on it ,say a group like those who plan to do a ufo hokes all saying black triangle blue light emailing each other,then it will look like everyone wants what they post as 10.000 seen it.
i say do it house to house with paper,im old fashioned,all these internet systems can be manipulated.and its jobs? just imagine
like 10,000 members of a party log on and say ban teenagers from answering back ,if they do shoot them, far fetched but ???
it will look legit to the analyser all diff ip.. agenda pushed through but its only because they scammed it say arrest christians and its a satanist group,so every party would have to do the same .now the 95%of commoners who count wont even bother or will forget to busy.
knock on there door at night and ask people.that is the right way ,but that could be fiddled to .but its jobs

[edit on 7/8/10 by impyroo]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
wow I'm floored!!
in a good way

I never thought a brilliant idea like this would ever come out of the Soviet Union!

very cool

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join