It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear disarmement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So some top level government guy from the US attended the memorial services for those that died when Hiroshima was nuked.

Not only this US government lackey, but representitives from France, England(?), Germany(?), not to mention the Korean UN Peace Guy (sorry, I don't pay too much attention to who's who when it comes to governmental crap. I don't like Governments trying to govern me.). This is the first time in sixty five years that a rep from the US has attended the memorial service.

So naturally there is talk that this is a sign that people (specifically the UN, and the US/ Obama presidency) are getting serious about worldwide nuclear disarmement.

That's great, I'm all for a nuke free world, however I don't think that it will come about as a result of politics. Politics is the whole reason we even have nuclear weapons in the first place. It is because we have different governments that oppose each other we find it necessary to arm our selves with nuclear weapons. As long as there's a US (or any other) government that makes some other government(for example say Iraq, or North Korea) feel threatened or whatever, there will be some country that want nukes.

It would be nice if all the governments got together and said "enough of this silliness, lets dump all the nukes and be happy" . Even if they did, not everyone would comply (N. Korea, Iraq, etc). If history is anything to go by, we've seen that the one thing that different governments can't do is get together and agree to do something.

The only way it's gonna happen is when all the common people all over the world get fed up with all the various governments and say F*** O** we're not gonna listen to you anymore, and start to govern themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, the US sending a rep over to the Hiroshima thing is nothing but a calculated move to generate 'good press' for the US.

Let me know what you guys think.

Uhhh... sorry if I seem a bit, rude, or uncaring about the victims and the survivors of the Hiroshima Holocaust, I don't mean any disrespect.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i dont think we'll ever see a nuke free world, we may see less nukes and they may dismantle them but they can always be put back together. saying were going to get rid is one thing actually doing it is something else

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Most Infamous

It would be nice if all the governments got together and said "enough of this silliness, lets dump all the nukes and be happy" .

........"enough of this silliness, lets dump all the nukes and be happy"

What are the chances that Monty Python reform and lead us into a New World Order .? ......

On a more serious note :

To have a world without nuclear weapons in the near future , would probably involve the proliferation of an even more deadly device which renders Atomic weapons obsolete.

Perhaps we will have a one world government , in theory it makes a lot of sense...... but we are not ready for it yet imho!

ATS Glitch
[edit on 6-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Think again....

A nuke free world is IMPOSSIBLE as we advance in scientific knowledge. We now have all kinds of WMD such as EMP bombs that could do even more considerable damage.

The ultimate consideration is NEVER to fear tech, but only the wisdom to use WMD it as we progress.

And it will also ensure NO country will ever dominate another as easily as it had been in nuke free world that saw the landmasses of the world so easily carved away.

Anyone who is stupid to launch a nuke knows full he will not live, even if he was a mile down the Earth. Nothing will remain for years. And it will also be of deterrence to any 'extra-terresterial' threat that decides to divide and conquer mankind.....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow, that was rather quick, usually I start a thread and I don't get any replies for days on end.

Yeah, I agree, even if we do get 'nuke-free', we'll never be free of WMD.

OK, "let's stop this silliness and dump the nukes" is way to far a stretch for the imagination, yet that's basically what the US is trying to sell by sending a government rep to Hiroshima. And the UN and the French and all the other countries that finally decided to attended the memorial service, they're basically saying we are finally getting serious about this silliness and one of these days we'll all get together and agree to scrap the nukes.

As long as we keep dividing up the globe and making distinctions between races and countries, as long as we have borders that need protecting, ideals that need upholding, we will find the need for weapons, and there will always be weapons.

At least I think so.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It was the Jap ambassador who represented the United States.

I too figured he'd make some statement at the behest of the White House apologizing for winning WW2.

Forget the nuke free world. Too many nut jobs trying to make them for their own defense. You'll see a gradual drawdown in Russia and the USA.

China, UK, Israel, and France will most likely keep their current inventory and build newer, better devices in the future.

India, Pakistan, North Korea, and others will build up their inventory.

What you really need to watch is the development of rockets. Iran and Korea building multistage rockets that are intercontinental in nature is very bad news for the world. Don't think for a moment I'm talking just USA for attacks. Moscow knows there is a nut case in Iran and the Russians have it's own muslim problems, as does China.

top topics

join