It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Job losses Figures Double than Expected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
More bad news coming out of the United States. I'm sure this is no surprise to many of the American ATS members

Employers in the US shed twice as many jobs as expected in July, fanning fears that the recovery in the world's largest economy will not see a revival in employment.

You have to wonder how this situation is going to improve in the future. Things are looking pretty bleak for western economies at the moment.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In my circle of friends I have a couple that are unemployed. Several of my friends are laid off as a result of having seasonal jobs only and not being able to find any work. It almost makes me feel bad to have a job, I hate talking about my work around them. *knocks on wood*

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Many people who were laid off and got new jobs are making quite a bit less than they were. Where's the statistic for that? That's where the lie of the so-called 'recovery' falls flat.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Proof of what everyone with some ommon sense has been saying all along...Once the bailout money ran dry we'd see a worse situation than before, and here is the start.
The bailout money was Obama's duct tape, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT DUCT TAPE!!!!

All I know is that it looks like we're all gonna be pretty f***ed...Good luck to all of you.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am just PREPARING for the SKY ROCKETING CRIME that is about to occur as a result soon enough.

Especially when those non-compassionate WAR-MONGERING Republicans dont pass the unemployment extension to SO MANY folks that lost their jobs, come November if they (Republicans) get the majority in the house. (Hopefully NOT!)

Glad to have a job, but I got to spend money now on DEFENSIVE measures and possibly an UNDERGROUND BUNKER for crying out loud. (that may not be a joke!)

Geez, this is RIDICULOUS.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

I’m sorry my friend but I beg to differ. The problem with the job situation in the US is not extending unemployment benefits. Companies today find themselves trying to survive in the most anti-business environment that I can ever remember. Businesses are uncertain of future government policies that will affect there cost to do business.
Good businessmen know in advance there operating expenses before they commit capital to a product or investment. With all the changes and potential changes coming out of Washington and this current administration it’s to risky to commit new capital. This is why most businesses that appear to be doing ok will not be expanding or hiring any time soon.
We will have to see what happens after the next election cycle. If the Democrats win I would expect to see more of the same.

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-8-2010 by murfdog]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
I am just PREPARING for the SKY ROCKETING CRIME that is about to occur as a result soon enough.

Especially when those non-compassionate WAR-MONGERING Republicans dont pass the unemployment extension to SO MANY folks that lost their jobs, come November if they (Republicans) get the majority in the house. (Hopefully NOT!)

Glad to have a job, but I got to spend money now on DEFENSIVE measures and possibly an UNDERGROUND BUNKER for crying out loud. (that may not be a joke!)

Geez, this is RIDICULOUS.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Baloney]

The globalist elite have done their significant part in destruction of the U.S. economy by design.

The bubble has imploded. Pop. Boom.

The anti-business environment has been foistered on the country by the robber barons because they want to drive down wages for the average enslaved worker while fattening their bottom dollar profit ledgers.

That is fascism. Only the elitists and their cronies prosper from this centralized but ruthlessly efficient economic system, while everyone below them, their subjects, live in perpetual penury.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There is more really, really, really bad news on the horizon too. The Federal Stimulus Program administrators claim to have created or saved 3 million jobs. Many of these positions were in non-profit services, infrastructure construction, law enforcement and emergency services such as fire protection. The problem coming is that when this stimulus money runs out, most of these jobs are going to disappear...some as early as next month. Mine is one of those jobs. I have been told my position and the two other "stimulus positions" will not be able to be absorbed under on-going operating costs. I will also add that this position paid far, far less than my prior work, but it was work. Unfortunately, I believe most employers who took advantage of these dollars are not going to be able to retain these workers once the stimulus dollars are gone and the hour for them to expire is near.

Police department federal stimulus monies were for two-year new positions. Money could not be used for maintaining existing department personnel numbers so law enforcement and emergency services may have one more year before these additional employees have to be paid for by local taxes. I don't see how local governments can maintain these additional people in this economy.

The Federal Stimulus Program has subsidized and masked the real unemployment numbers which would and will exist in the near future. Ultimately these three million people may be joining or returning to the ranks of the unemployed.

Stimulus created 3 million jobs

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have a gut feeling that more stimulus is in the offing.

It might be done as a piggyback to some other bill, but it seems to me like it's a given at this point.

These knuckleheads have backed themselves into a corner. More stimulus would buy them more time, and might bring our currency to it's knees in the process.

They want to save themselves, and create a crisis. It's how they've done it for decades.

In doing this, they'll have scads more on their payrolls. People that don't want to bite the hand that is supposedly feeding them.

Vicious cycle.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheels
I have a gut feeling that more stimulus is in the offing.

It might be done as a piggyback to some other bill, but it seems to me like it's a given at this point.

These knuckleheads have backed themselves into a corner. More stimulus would buy them more time, and might bring our currency to it's knees in the process.

They want to save themselves, and create a crisis. It's how they've done it for decades.

In doing this, they'll have scads more on their payrolls. People that don't want to bite the hand that is supposedly feeding them.

Vicious cycle.

I love it. More stimulus equals more national debt. It`s like, they create more debt to create more jobs, so in the future, you can have the money that they can take away from you in taxes to pay for more of this national debt they have, are, and will create. Don`t you just love the thinkers we have in Washington?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There's not really any difference between the democrats and the republicans. Both sides work for the elites.

top topics

join