It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New music Genre?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I found this music video, personally I think it's great and plan on sending all my friends to the site to purchase it, I have never seen or heard anything like it.

Here is an artist that has written a song about how bad the FED is, how had banks are screwing us, etc...Saying things that we all know to be true, but never have I seen or heard presented in a "pop" song! I immediately go excited when I bought the video. Before you bash this thread, I'm not promoting anything, I was simply searching for political blogs and somehow found his blog, he believes what SO MANY have stated on here. I've been a member here for quite a while. After reading some blog content. I wanted to buy the song from the website, just like i-tunes, for .99 cents. I lost my job four months ago, I can't find a job to save my life, seriously the $3.47 purchase was a struggle, I debated it for while but my curiosity got the best of me (I hate to even admit that). I bought both the song and the video, I bought the song first and after hearing the lyrics I wanted to see the video. It's interesting and frankly worth the $3.47 ($3.47 is a rather odd price as well) to get both. In my opinion the message is priceless.

Again, it's not a commercial for this guy, I promise. I read some of his blogs and he has very similar views to me and many, many others on ATS. What got me excited is that this guy is going public with his idea in the form of music, pop music at that! I curious as to rather or not you feel this may be a new trend or way of protest? Would the government ever allow a song like this to get popular? It's brave and in my opinion an awesome that a song that could easily been heard on any top 40 style radio station has such a powerful message. I do not listen to this type of music but with the message this song is sending out about how we are getting screwed by the FED and the banks, well it isn't the normal set of lyrics you hear in pop songs today.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, I guess it'll be taken down if I can't but the link is www.davidscotland.com. I think this song and video should be seen and heard by all, it's just another way to try to get the truth out there. Maybe other artists who aren't afraid of speak out and speak the truth will join in, who knows.

Thanks for your time!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerAU

Of course they'd 'let it get popular'. They let Rage Against The Machine get popular, back in the day. They're hardly afraid of criticism, otherwise this site and many others would have been hit by a massive, untraceable DoS attack years ago.

What tends to happen is that people just stop caring about the message (if it's in a pop song, doubly so) and just concentrate on whether or not it's a good song to dance to.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by LeftWingLarry]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Larry, your right. I had forgotten about Rage, they did have some rather loud political opinions. Pop or not I was happy to see the video, if nothing else it may make a few people think about what's going on in the video, which may get them to pay attention to the song's lyrics which may...you get the drift. It does have a good beat. I'll try to dance to it and let you know what happens
Thank you for your reply!

new topics

join