It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Seagal Tells Off BP British Petroleum After Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill.mp4

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A very informative and touching, emotional video, please watch and learn, he even says we are all called Conspiracy nuts if we question all of the various hidden poisons we are being contaminated by.

This is a very good video!

You go Steven!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nice speech... but ah, just making sure -- you do know this is a scene from the movie "On Deadly Ground" made in 1994 -- right?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

NO! Really I did not I will now have to get the movie. On any account it is so appropriate for this disaster and what we are facing today, funny how Hollywood always seems to know ahead of time and they give the hints and clues right before our very noses but I guess we are just too concerned about the price of the ticket to get it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Awesome! Never been an avid fan of Seagal, although some of his movies were alright and entertaining to say the least. This is definitely a speech pertaining to the world we live in today. Seagul just scored some brownie points in my books.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yet oil leaks/spills are nothing new and have been around a very long time. Here's a quote from this website:

The first major oil spill occurred during World War II (1939-45), between January and June of 1942. German U-boat attacks on tankers off the East Coast of the United States spilled 590,000 tons of oil. The first major commercial oil spill occurred on March 18, 1967, when the tanker Torrey Canyon ran aground on the Seven Stones Shoal off the coast of Cornwall, England. The tanker spilled 830,000 barrels (119,000 tons) of Kuwaiti oil into the sea. On January 25, 1991, during the Gulf War, almost 1.5 million tons of oil was deliberately dumped from Sea Island into the Persian Gulf. Another major spill occurred in Russia in October 1994, in the Komi region of the Arctic. The size of that spill was reported to be as much as 2 million barrels (286,000 tons). Spills such as the aforementioned were far larger than the much-publicized Exxon...

The First Major Oil Spill

It seems we are only beginning to realize how dangerous these companies and their products are to every facet of our lives. Reminds me of a quote from the new The Day the Earth Stood Still:

"You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer."

Link to quote

[edit on 6-8-2010 by born2BWild]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sorry but another hollywood moron who is not intelligent enough or educated enough to have any knowledge about the subject matter, yet can read a script. More midless prattle froma hollywood script writer. Please don't assume he knows anything about the subject matter. Reminds me of Sissy Spacek testifying before congress about the farm crisis because she had been in a farm movie.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was channel surfing the other night and came across this movie....I was ASTOUNDED at the parallels! Art truly DOES imitate life. If you haven't seen this flick....check it out!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

I agree with you in that he did read from a script, and is no way an expert. But do you always blast the person who gives the message, regardless of the message itself? He raises good points at the end in his monologue, and the premise of the whole film revolves around issues of faulty oil equipment and oil business corruption.

Even though the movie got poor reviews at the time, it does have some really interesting things in common with the current oil issues like StealthyKat said.

Faulty preventer, where have I heard about that before?

The message, regardless of who says it, is important. If the message was wrong, than that is a different debate.

The script writer for that movie did a darn good job.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Nice speech... but ah, just making sure -- you do know this is a scene from the movie "On Deadly Ground" made in 1994 -- right?

Lolling at the moment.

antar, do you ever pause for even a moment before you start a thread? Where did you hear this was in relation to the BP spill? Do you ever fact check?

nice speech, for sure. Good words. But what do i care what a rich hollywood actor has to say?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the "heads up". Who knows? could be he was ahead of his time or predicted the future in this movie. He was always "special"

"Fire Down Below" is great also. Strange lights and unidentified flying objects in the middle of the night. Helicopters ? Sounds familiar?

Devoted environmentalist and a fighter for animal rights too, besides the movies. Probably a hobby of his

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

The message being delivered by people(whoever wrote the script, not the actors) deals more with a political agenda more than a specific point. As always the point lacks any perspective. No one has pointed out that there have been over 35,000 wells drilled in the Gulf that did not blow out. No one points out that if we didn't consume 20,000,000 bbls per day there probably would not be drilling anyway. No one points out that there wouldn't be a whale alive today if not for the usage of petroleum for lubricants and illumination. No one points out that healthy people no longer die in smogs like in the 1900's when the primary heating fuel was wood or coal, instead of natural gas or fuel oil. Most people do not have the knowledge to know that electric cars will require 9 times the amount of energy to generate enough electricity to go the same distance provided by gasoline, nor do thay understand that physics will prevent substitution for oil by solar panels and windmills. No one seems to understand that the world is being fed by increased farm productivity primarily from the use of petroleum based fertilizers. I know the "glue heads" that have gone organic think that they they can replace naturally, but pyhsical reality is quite different providing for 6 billion people.

I now this probably isn't the place for trying to input perspective, but just like the 1st law of thermodynamics there's always an equal and opposite reaction to any action. The reaction may be quite unpleasant for billions of people.

Reminds me of being at the grocery store getting supplies for camping. When asked "paper or plastic" the lady in front of me self righteously declared "paper" in order to not create more pollution. While she was loading up I was asked the same question and declared "plastic", because I wanted to save the rain forest.

There are no simple solutions.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
to billy jack...
Yes, a child lived for 3,500 days but his murder on his last day living is insignificant because he lived for 3,500 days....

Diesel originally designed his motor to run on Hemp seed oil,
but he was bumped off, and the plans were changed so his motor was tooled to run on petrofuel.
Which is the main reason hemp is illegal.
the Model T was designed to run alcohol which is why we had prohibition...

Petroleum cracking was invented by am allumni of skull and bones.

The whole mess should never have happened...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Diesel originally designed his motor to run on Hemp seed oil,

No, he designed it to run on plant-based oil of any kind. Not specifically hemp oil.

The whole mess should never have happened...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Danbones]

Well, we would not have near the amount of infrastructure if we ran all our vehicles on veggie oil. there just isnt enough arable land to grow enough fuel to satisfy our enormous apatite. 'Green fuels' are not a real alternative beyond the fringes (i run my old silverado on used grease, so save your soapbox, please. I speak from experience.)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Navieko

NO! Really I did not I will now have to get the movie. On any account it is so appropriate for this disaster and what we are facing today, funny how Hollywood always seems to know ahead of time and they give the hints and clues right before our very noses but I guess we are just too concerned about the price of the ticket to get it.

This has got to be the best thread ever, clips from Steven Seagull movies

Do us all a favour...please never watch a clockwork orange

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Seagal is an accused wife beater - Hollywood no-name -
Who cares what his monologue is?
Lol

[edit on 7-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

accused and not convicted....sheeesh we've heard that routine before

and to Justadood...

If we would have done things properly in the first place we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now...I sail, paddle, bike, and walk, so I know.
If you say it was OK for sociopathic crimminals to shape society into the disaster it is then I can't help you.
Pretty soon under Obama care they will out law grease, then where will you be....windblown?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have said (written) nothing that could be construed as supportive of the current system. Merely pointing out that some facts about its existence. I really never understand why the two which are so very different get confused as being the same.

Pretty soon under Obama care they will out law grease, then where will you be....windblown?

I have not heard such a thing. Link?

I have no worries about grease being made illegal. I get it from local restaurant grease traps.

I agree that the 'walking, riding, sailing\ options are good. my point is that the system needs oil, and we ALL are plugged into the system (is your computer made of hemp and powered by the wind?)

We can look back and blame, but not if it is a distraction from the reality of today.

I'm merely pointing out the obvious motivation for their actions.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
More theatrics for the plebes

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Navieko

So you didnt even watch the full video that you linked for us? That HAS to be the case since the credits for the movie are rolling at the end of your linked video.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sappy emotionally-laden background music aside, I enjoyed the video. I don't hear well, so had to listen to it a few times. Interesting how "art" sometimes imitates life, yes?

I don't think it's a stretch to surmise that Mr. Seagal participates in movies that either were written for him, or he agrees with the moral of the story.

These are the kind of heartfelt videos that make me feel helpless and disturbed. Disturbed because I think I haven't done enough to repair/protect the planet. Helpless, because it's far easier to believe myself impotent to counteract the ruination of the Earth.

I really think the Earth -- as a system -- will do fine, regardless of what we surface-dwellers do to it............ eventually.

The real question for me, if you will indulge a line of thought that might not be strictly on-topic, is what do we as a species have to change, right now, in order to preserve humanity? and......... *gulp* is that the right thing to do?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join