It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost library of alexandria or human amnesia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowRamesses

I visited the Vatican a couple of years ago and was also able to go underground to see the original Necropolis where they "believe" they found St. Peter's tomb. It doesn't matter whether you believe this stuff or not, it is an awesome place to go. Every pope but two, IIRC, is buried there. The exhibits are incredible. I'd love to get into the secret vaults there. Who knows what they have hidden away?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I visited the Vatican a couple of years ago and was also able to go underground to see the original Necropolis where they "believe" they found St. Peter's tomb. It doesn't matter whether you believe this stuff or not, it is an awesome place to go. Every pope but two, IIRC, is buried there. The exhibits are incredible. I'd love to get into the secret vaults there. Who knows what they have hidden away?

That sounds pretty cool, people tell me when they visit places like that they actually feel the history and the presence of the people who are there.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio

i really beleive that the vatican has knowledge that could help us all and are holding out

Me too, they have miles and miles of shelves, would love to go down there and check it out with people who could translate the different documents.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are tens of thousands of books and scrolls just sitting in holes out in various deserts from western Africa to the sands of the Gobi. They just sit there, uncopied and untranslated, until somebody has the time and money to go get them and gather the information from them. If that ever happens.

Personally, I think a huge number of the documents from the various libraries at Alexandria and other places were trundled off into the desert and buried. Of course, they were buried to be hidden, so it might take a while to find them again.

Either way, plenty of wonderful knowledge gets ignored every day. The Internet is chock full of the wisdom and wonder of human endeavor (including this very post
). Just sitting there. Ignored.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did somebody just say something?

Harte

<< 1  2   >>

join