It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US airstrikes 'kill Afghan civilians'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

presstv.com

One of the attacks left at least 30 people dead and injured. The other strike, which hit a funeral procession in a separate area, killed 13 civilians including two children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Do you think they gonna hide this is well? And continue denying it until people forget about it?

Thursday's incident came after another US airstrike killed some 50 civilians in the south of the country last month.

Yeah, I'm speechless.

Watch how people come and justify it by one word:
WAR!!!

presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
no shiz, sherlock?

like we didn't know. i wish they would just end this pointless war.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
no shiz, sherlock?

Would you care if you didn't know?

Legitimate question

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by 19872012
no shiz, sherlock?

Would you care if you didn't know?

Legitimate question

hahaha.
Touche.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So sad for the loss of innocent life. The cycle of violence won't end. The US kills their civilians. They attack the civilians here. We invoke 9/11; they invoke our war crimes. The seeds of hate are further sown.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yeah, we all "knew"

but now they have evidence to execute the guys doing it, because most of this air strikes were completely bad decisions

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
yeah, we all "knew"

but now they have evidence to execute the guys doing it, because most of this air strikes were completely bad decisions

executing them isn't going to help anything. but they shouldn't get away with it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

executing them isn't going to help anything. but they shouldn't get away with it.

Here is an "OR" for you:

"OR" they should get away, get away all the way back to where they came from.

It is odd how they are sending their own psychos to Afghanistan, and luring all the smart, and educated people away from Afghanistan.

This has to stop.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yeh, it's okay when it's exposed by approved sources, but good golly! Can't have some punk PFC and wikileaks expose it all.

Yeah. "Punk". That's the word some blonde bimbo on Fox News used last night in reference to a youngster who I consider a hero, who exposed the BS helicopter pilot and crew who murdered Iraqi's who were not, from what I could see, any threat at all. Especially the children and the flailing, shot up photographer.

Flame me all you want, vets and nonvets alike. War. Been there, done that. Yes, in the heat of battle, things can get out of hand. But circling slowly around a site a couple of times and seeing no resistance, uh, well, the results in that video were just criminal, in my opinion, of course...

Did I go off topic? I don't think so. The big picture is needless killings of innocents, lack of true oversight in after action briefings, lack of comprehensive leadership, and lack of a true mission goal. Just BS, and some folks complaining that the troops are hindered by resctrictive and unreasonable rules of engagement.

So much restriction that atrocities occur? What if restrictions were removed? Yikes!

Not that I agree the U.S. should even be involved in wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, but, let the military do what it was meant to do. Kill people and break things. Unfettered. Or, restrict everything. Nobody gets killed.

It works out pretty good for the folks that fly and shoot missles and rockets. Meh, Collateral damage. Those on the ground? Oh gosh! You killed an innocent, you devil, you!

That's why I consider the PFC a hero. He exposed a whole lot of BS going on.

Sorry, got off on a rant.........

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah. Whatever. Nobody cares about Afghani kills being bombed into little giblets. There are MORE IMPORTANT STORIES! Okay!

So what do you guys think Chelsea Clinton wore at the wedding? Who was the designer. Did you guys hear about how much the flowers costed!?!?!??!?!?!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah. Whatever. Nobody cares about Afghani kills being bombed into little giblets. There are MORE IMPORTANT STORIES! Okay!

So what do you guys think Chelsea Clinton wore at the wedding? Who was the designer. Did you guys hear about how much the flowers costed!?!?!??!?!?!

I heard it is the biggest and one of the most expensive parties around, and very exclusive as described in "Entertainment Tonight"

I wonder if the puppet Karzai is invited hahahaha

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We, as humans, are inherently flawed.

As a consequence of that condition, our societies are flawed(ironically).

There are no utopian groups now, or have there ever been, living in peace and harmony.

The only time you will see that will be immediately after our extinction is complete.

Call me a cynic. It is reality.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

I heard it is the biggest and one of the most expensive parties around, and very exclusive as described in "Entertainment Tonight"

I wonder if the puppet Karzai is invited hahahaha

Well at least that's one wedding party that managed to have a good time without getting slaughtered by drones or helicopter gunships!

All this "winning hearts and minds" seems not to be going to plan - if a plan ever existed in the first place, which I very much doubt!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
so they kill shat loads of people, and still no criminal punishments ? no wonder the united states wanted immunity for American soldiers, the UN and NATO are really terrorist

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

presstv.com

So what's the big deal? I'm surprised that you're surprised! Is this something new?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
On a slightly different tact...why is it these slanted articles always have to put special emphasis on women and children casualties?

Is is because the lives of adult non-combatant males are less valuable than those of all females and young males, or is it a simple and blatant play meant to inflame the emotions of readers...you know, alleged crimes against innocent women and children?

Say what you will about America and it Allies, and what it does to supposedly cover up its "atrocities". But don't then also ignore the obvious politically motivated language used in anti-American media coverage.

If you want to play in this war of words, play fair.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
this isn't the first time that military action has caused civilian deaths and it wont be the last.
not including the old days when whole cities were burnt to the ground, america is the biggest civilian killer.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It is now a well known tactic of the Taliwaker, Taliban, or Alquadia to have children and women carry supplies and weapons during their attack. After we blow the *snip* out of them they remove all the supplies and weapons from the dead. The peace nicks then see the photos of the "dead civilians" and continue on with their rant. Kind of like what you are doing now.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is sickening. And it seems to be happening with more frequency.

The articles put more emphasis as you call it on this because this is the result of stupid wars. Innocents getting killed for virtually no good reason.

People don't "like" that. Get it?

Afghanistan is a clusterf*** in so many ways it's not even funny. We need to get the hell out of there.

reply to post by Violater1

Yeah and they hide stuff in coffins too. Nice try. The Israelis use this excuse all the time too when they kill children.

In addition, tell your little Taliban theory to Karzai, their pal.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join