It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third eye - a theory and stories from Falun Gong practitioners..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by betweentheworlds

how specifically did you practice FD? Were these effects on your health caused by any particular exercise out of 5? perhaps you overdid one of them? spent too much time doing it? everything has to be in balance and moderation. did you feel any particular effect on health? for example, if I am very nearsighted, would it help to improve my vision? what should I do to improve it? also, are you supposed to do these exercises outside only? is it Ok to do it at home? I tried it a few times but felt no effect whatsoever.

I would do FD sometimes inside if its winter time and sometimes outside in the summer.

My effects on health were tremendous, much more energy compared to always being tired, skin looked better, breathed better, didn't get sick when everyone else got the flu. etc and yes I would do all 5 exercises spending about 10-15 minutes on each one

Honestly I have made leaps and bounds conquering/overcoming lust outside of FD would go for months at a time. Whereas soon as I do FD ....it creates this huge sexual appetite to come out of nowhere whereas if I dont practice it ...I can go for a few months without these urges just with simple daily mediation and prayer.

I wish there was a way to get over this because FD was awesome to me, but the lust it would create in me in the next 3-4 day after doing a session just become so immense it seems impossible to conquer ...whereas without FD the lust is so easily managable

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
FD is serious, if something is tough it is FD. Ibet it is the hardest thing there is, at least official cultivation school.

BUT the rewards are beyond compare. I also have had this tremendous sexual appetite and extreme energy(hardly needs to sleep at all anymore)but slowly has overcome it by confronting it over and over again. If I am at places where there are women I make a competition out of it.

Whereas before I indulged in looking at beautiful women everywhere(as a youngster I was obsessed by women) now I do not even take a glance, just focus straight ahead and think about the coming one billion years that will be for me as a righteous being up there....

That is the thing with FD, Master Li has given me a chance once in a billion years to get out of the eternal reincarnation cycle of massive suffering, can I miss that chance for a few glances at flesh bodies??!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A recent story from Clearwisdom.net:

(Clearwisdom.net) While doing the sitting meditation exercise, a young practitioner, Xiao Qi, saw the battle between good and evil in another dimension:

"Dafa disciples appeared as divine beings and fairies. Some sat on lotus flowers, others rode on flying dragons. The energy emitted by Dafa disciples gathered into a huge ball of light. If Dafa disciples were not focused on sending righteous thoughts and had random thoughts, then the light emitted would be very weak and the ball of light would become smaller. Consequently, the evil was not eliminated. Instead, the evil would mock them and say: 'Are you a Dafa disciple?' If the disciple instantly adjusted his state of mind and concentrated on sending righteous thoughts, then the light emitted would become very strong and the ball of light would expand a little. When the whole body of Dafa disciples send very strong righteous thoughts, the huge ball of light would move down closer to the earth. Currently, it is very close to Earth. If Dafa disciples do not do well as one body, the huge ball will not move down, and it will be farther away from earth. When this ball reaches the earth, it will be the beginning of the Fa's rectification of the human world.

"Those whom Dafa disciples should have saved through clarifying the truth but were not saved, looked at Dafa disciples with hatred in their eyes at the end of Fa-rectification. The disciples were also very sad and cried, 'We are sorry!'

"When Dafa disciples clarify the truth, those who remember the words, 'Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good,' are able to go to the other side of a golden wall. It is very beautiful on the other side. However, those who do not know the truth will not get through even if they try to push through the wall."

Dafa disciples must be clear minded. They must eliminate the evil with righteous thoughts, break through interferences, send righteous thoughts, and do well in saving sentient beings!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Hello Gaussq,

S&F for the great thread.

Now how weird is that? First you welcome me to the board in my introduction thread,and post the link of this threa. I read it and see Shandong!!!

I lived in Shandong , Qingdao for 2 years. I was teaching English there. Coincidence? I think not.

By the way, they have a wonderful winter season there, lots of snow, and breath taking mountains.

About the third eye: I know mine works just fine, because I can read my husband's thoughts, I always know what he is thinking and then I answer his question before he even asks it. First he thought it was freaky, but now he's just used to it and accepts it.
I also can read other people's feelings when I'm close to them, or see what they are thinking.
I can tell if a person is sick, and the area of their illness, but nothing specific yet, I need to learn more about how to do that.

I also get a very bad feeling, in my stomach mostly if someone close to me is having a misfortune happen to them (illness, accident, bad arguement, etc.) and I see these things in flashes of pictures, in color always.

Once a friend of mine told me that she had to cancel her coffee chit chat with me, because she had to work. But I kept seeing flashes of the sun, and the beach. So later I told her I knew she was lying and that she had a great time at the beach. It turned out her boyfriend got free last minute, so she canceled her coffee meeting with me.

Those were just a few of my experiences.

What a great thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
reply to post by Gaussq

Hello Gaussq,

S&F for the great thread.

Now how weird is that? First you welcome me to the board in my introduction thread,and post the link of this threa. I read it and see Shandong!!!

I lived in Shandong , Qingdao for 2 years. I was teaching English there. Coincidence? I think not.

By the way, they have a wonderful winter season there, lots of snow, and breath taking mountains.

About the third eye: I know mine works just fine, because I can read my husband's thoughts, I always know what he is thinking and then I answer his question before he even asks it. First he thought it was freaky, but now he's just used to it and accepts it.
I also can read other people's feelings when I'm close to them, or see what they are thinking.
I can tell if a person is sick, and the area of their illness, but nothing specific yet, I need to learn more about how to do that.

I also get a very bad feeling, in my stomach mostly if someone close to me is having a misfortune happen to them (illness, accident, bad arguement, etc.) and I see these things in flashes of pictures, in color always.

Once a friend of mine told me that she had to cancel her coffee chit chat with me, because she had to work. But I kept seeing flashes of the sun, and the beach. So later I told her I knew she was lying and that she had a great time at the beach. It turned out her boyfriend got free last minute, so she canceled her coffee meeting with me.

Those were just a few of my experiences.

What a great thread.

Well, it is said in Falun Dafa that predestination is very important and I guess that is why we met in here.. Try to read teh book and then try the exercises and you will know if this is for you. I had a girl here the other week, she felt the Falun immediately after she started exercising the standing stance and now she does not want to stop...

Seems like you have a good underlying base for self-cultivation and that you can go to a high level in the future.

I have two kids and it seems having those two kids born in my family just before I obtained the Fa is no coincidence. In my family my wife and kids have very good inborn quality while I have alot of body karma, I have enlightenment quality instead and need to reduce my karma asap...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I am a recent practitioner of Qigong meditation. I do a sitting and standing meditation. I have also looked into Falun gong and I had problems with some of the teachings. It seems to me to be more of a cult placing too much importance on Li Hongzhi. You are the master you seek.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
I am a recent practitioner of Qigong meditation. I do a sitting and standing meditation. I have also looked into Falun gong and I had problems with some of the teachings. It seems to me to be more of a cult placing too much importance on Li Hongzhi. You are the master you seek.

First off, this is a bit outside this thread but very briefly I comment here.

Everything in FD is free of charge, there is no organization, no membership, all practice sites offer practice for free and there is no official leader. And FD has 100 million people practicing it. So it is not comparable to any "cults" out there whatsoever. FD is completely different to a "cult" in terms of scope of its teachings, quantity of cultivators and lack of money and organization.

It seems like you have a problem having a Teacher and that is a common issue for many people.

Master Li Hongzhi founded Falun Dafa in 1992 as a way out for humanity to avoid complete destruction. He wrote all the scriptures and naturally if you want to cultivate in FD he is your Master. What is a Master there for?

Cultivation(of body and xinxing level) is up to the cultivator, Gong is up to the Master it is said in all schools. To be able to transform your virtue into Gong you need a Master, he will do it for you when your xinxing has been raised. Historically the wellknown Masters were Shakyamuni, Lao Zi, Jesus etc, the objective of religion is the same as that of FD, to make people achieve enlightenment.

Other Qi Gong is just for health and has nothing to do with achieving Gong level. Other official Qi Gong has no theory on virtue, ethics etc while FD has the most advanced theory on life and universe to be found anywhere. I see it as the future of science(I am a physicist) with the human being and cosmos as points of origin in that science.

I must add that as a beginner in FD one will not at all understand or accept everything, it is a process of raising one´s Gong level all the time and understand better and better.

Hence it is a good idea to read the book and try the exercises once first. Then one will know if it is for you or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Gaussq, I hope I did not insult you. I have read the books and watched the videos. The exercises seem to match other tai chi exercises except made easier. I have also read that they are mixed with Thai dance. After reading the books, I realized it was not true. I am making good progress with my exercises and I am happy with them. When the time is right I may come across a master, but he would only be a teacher to me. I would not worship him and I would also test him. If your training is helping you, I am happy for you and wish you the best. Falun Gong states that psychic powers are not the goal and they are not my goal. Finally there is an ancient Taoist saying which says that those who speak do not know and those who know do not speak.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
reply to post by Gaussq

Gaussq, I hope I did not insult you. I have read the books and watched the videos. The exercises seem to match other tai chi exercises except made easier. I have also read that they are mixed with Thai dance. After reading the books, I realized it was not true. I am making good progress with my exercises and I am happy with them. When the time is right I may come across a master, but he would only be a teacher to me. I would not worship him and I would also test him. If your training is helping you, I am happy for you and wish you the best. Falun Gong states that psychic powers are not the goal and they are not my goal. Finally there is an ancient Taoist saying which says that those who speak do not know and those who know do not speak.

You are welcome. Remember that in FD there is no worshipping like in religions. Of course many practitioners look up to Master but in the book he says you will get nothing out of worshipping, you just need to raise your level on your own.

As for saying that the FD books are "not true" I can only say that everyone enlightens to his truth. Everyone´s truth is bound to be different, and "truth" is very changing as one raises their level. Each level has its truth.

FD has helped me tremendously(and my kids) and given me a real purpose of life(to become a better and better person and increasing my Gong level naturally).

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sorry for being a skeptic here. Why? You see, when I was 18, I have all of my 7 Chakras opened. I was awakened from a sleep/dream. When I was awakened, a huge surge of heat was engulfing my body. Massive sensation. I felt the pressure on my spinal cord. I was laying down on my bed. Loud ringing sound so loud that I couldn't hear anything else. I saw my third eye formed and felt the pressure on my forehead. I saw a bluish light. When I opened my eyes, I could see this light still glowing. My consciousness turned inward. I had no prior knowledge of the Chi energy at that point. I was able to reproduce this feeling for over the next 30 days just by meditation, nothing specific, until I started college again. What I was dreaming before? I saw myself as a Han warrior or some princely personality, one of the 4 bothers. I was at the bottom of the hill. I then jumped and flipped and twisted through the air and landed. My consciousness or my eyesight was at my navel area. Then, I was awakened by the Chi energy. I was meditating unconsciously.

My question to you is why "seeing" is important here? Has it occurred to you that what you see can be deceptive? You may be seeing what you want to see. You may not be seeing the truth. Do I see things? Sure, after my "enlightenment," I began to have dreams about historical events of a particular people. Very specific historical event as if I was there. I knew why. They were to counter-balance my previous worldview. Even now, I dream of seeing repeated strangers in my dreams. I think they are from the same people I have been dreaming about. They meant no harms. Often guiding me. Sometimes, what they told me seems so far into the future that I have problems seeing the events to unfold. I didn't neglect my responsibility to this world, but I do look forward when the time comes for me to fulfill these future goals. No demons. Angels? I dream that someone thought of me as an angel.

I am a Chinese American if it matters.

Also, I have been trying to open my Chakras again. I believe some were closed for a while after what I experienced when I was 18. I am in 30s now. 2 nights ago I have opened my Root Chakras and Navel Chakras.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
what were you saying? i couldn't concentrate i was trying not to smell all the BS in this thread...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

My question to you is why "seeing" is important here? Has it occurred to you that what you see can be deceptive?

I am a Chinese American if it matters.

Also, I have been trying to open my Chakras again. I believe some were closed for a while after what I experienced when I was 18. I am in 30s now. 2 nights ago I have opened my Root Chakras and Navel Chakras.

First, seeing is not important in itself, the most important is to advance in cultivation(increase Xinxing level). In the lower dimensions you are bound to see demons mostly. Seems like you have good inborn quality. I hope you will read Zhuan Falun once and see what it really is.

You are right, many people have the animal´s third eye and not their own third eye open. That is very well explained in Zhuan Falun:

Indeed this is very dangerous to pursue as Master Li explains in Zhuan Falun:

How many people are there who have proper thoughts when they do qigong exercises? When a person practices qigong he has to take virtue seriously, do good things for others, and be kind—he should discipline himself this way in every action and in every circumstance. Take all the people doing qigong exercises in the parks and all the ones doing them at home, and how many do you have thinking that way? To be honest, when some people are doing their qigong, who knows what they’re doing, they’ll be exercising away, swinging their bodies all around, and at the same time going off about things—"Ugh! That daughter-in-law of mine has no respect for me," "My mother-in-law is such a wretch!" Some people even go on and on, from talking about things at their company right on to headline news—there’s nothing they don’t babble about, and the things they don’t agree with will blow their fuse. Tell me, is that doing cultivation exercises? And then there are people doing a standing exercise right there, getting so tired their legs shake, but his mind isn’t at rest, "Things are so expensive these days. Prices have gone up, and my company can’t make the payroll. Why can’t my practice bring out some abilities? If I got some abilities I’d be a qigong master, and I’d get rich—I could make money by giving people treatments."

Once he sees that other people’s abilities have come out he gets even more agitated. He gets obsessed with getting abilities, with getting the Third Eye, and with getting healing skills. Now think about it, isn’t that about as far as you can get from the nature of our universe, to be True, Good, and Endure?! He’s simply turning his back on it. To put it a little more seriously, he’s practicing in an evil way! But he isn’t aware of it. The more he thinks like that, the worse the thoughts are that his mind emits. That kind of person doesn’t have a handle on it, he doesn’t know he should take virtue seriously, and he thinks that by doing those movements he can get gong, and that he can get whatever he wants by seeking after it—he thinks that’s how it is.

A person attracts bad things precisely because his thoughts aren’t proper. Then the animal sees it, "This guy wants to get rich off qigong, and that guy wants to get famous and get abilities. Boy, his body is pretty good and what he has is pretty good. But his mind is really bad—he’s after abilities! Maybe he has a master, but even if he does, I’m not afraid." It knows that the master of a true cultivation will see him seeking abilities like that, and the harder he seeks after them the less likely the master will give him them, since that’s exactly an attachment he should get rid of. The more he thinks that way, the less the chance he’ll be given any abilities, so basically the more oblivious he is to how it works, the more he wants them and the worse his thoughts get.

Finally that master gives a deep sigh when he sees that this guy is finished, and he won’t have anything more to do with him. Some people don’t have masters, and maybe somebody who happens to pass by will look after them for a while, since there are so many Enlightened Beings in different dimensions. An Enlightened Being might take a look at him, watch him and follow him for a day, and leave him after he sees that he’s not good. The next day another one comes by, takes a look at him, finds out he’s no good, and off he goes.

The animal knows that whatever kind of master he has, be it a regular one or a passing-by one, his master won’t give him what he’s seeking. Animals can’t see the dimensions where Great Enlightened Beings are, so they aren’t afraid, and they’ve taken advantage of a loophole: our universe has a law, that when somebody wants to seek something, or wants something, normally he shouldn’t be stopped. It takes advantage of that loophole—"He wants them, then I’ll give him them. It’s not wrong for me to help him, right?"

So it gives them to him. At first the animal doesn’t dare get on his body, so it starts by giving him a little gong as a test-run. The person keeps seeking it, and one day he really gets it, and he can even heal people. The animal sees that it’s worked pretty well, and it’s just like playing a prelude before the show really starts. "He wants them, so I’ll get right on his body. And once I’m there I can give him more, I’ll pour it on!" "You want the Third Eye, right? This time I’ll give you it all." So it gets right on him.

While he’s having that thought about wanting it, right there doing that, his Third Eye pops open, he’s able to send out gong, and he’s even got a few little abilities. He’s beside himself with joy, and he thinks that he’s sought and sought these things and finally got them, and he thinks they came from his practice. But actually, his practice didn’t bring him anything. He thinks that he can see through a human body and see where the problems are in someone’s body. In reality, though, his Third Eye isn’t open one bit—it’s that the animal is controlling his brain. That animal sees things with its eyes and then reflects what it sees into his brain, and he thinks his Third Eye is open. "Want to send out gong? Go for it." When he holds out his hands to send out gong, the animal’s little paws extend out from behind his body. When he sends out gong, the forked tongue from the little snake’s head comes out to lick the sick or swollen area. There are a lot of things like this. Those spirits that possess these people come only because they asked for them.

So he seeks after them, he dreams about getting rich, and about getting famous. "Okay then!"—he gets abilities, he can heal people, and he can see with his Third Eye. That makes him happy. The animal takes a look, "You want to get rich, don’t you? Okay, I’ll make you get rich." It’s way too easy to control an ordinary person’s head. The animal can control a lot of people and make them come to him for treatments, and they’ll come in droves. Oh my goodness!—while he sees patients right here, it’s stirring up reporters over there to promote him in newspapers. It manipulates ordinary people to do these things. When someone who comes for a treatment doesn’t pay him enough, he won’t let them off the hook, and he’ll make you have a headache. What it comes down to is that you just have to give him a lot of money.

The guy pulls in both fame and wealth—he’s made a bundle, he’s become well-known, and now he’s a qigong master. People like him usually don’t care about character and they’ll dare to say anything, "I’m second to none but Heaven." They go as far as saying they’re the reincarnations of well-known deities, like the Queen Mother or Jade Emperor, and they even go as far as saying they’re Buddhas. They haven’t really gone through character cultivation, so they seek abilities when they do their exercises and end up getting possessed by animals.

Maybe some of you are thinking, "What’s wrong with that? It’s okay as long as I can make money, or get rich, and I can get famous." That’s what a lot of people are thinking. But I’ll tell you, that animal isn’t doing it without a purpose, it turns out, and it doesn’t give you something for nothing. There’s a law in this universe: no loss, no gain. What does the animal get? I talked about this earlier, didn’t I? It’s trying to get that bit of essence in your body to cultivate into a human form, so it just gathers the essence from the human body. But there’s only this one share of essence in a human body, and if somebody wants to cultivate, he only has this one share. And if you let the animal take it from you, you can forget about cultivating—how would you cultivate then?

You’ll have lost everything, and you won’t be able to cultivate at all. Maybe some people will say, "I don’t want to cultivate. I just want to get rich. All’s well as long as I have money. I couldn’t care less!" Look, I’ll tell you: you want to get rich, but after I explain how it really works, then you’ll change your mind. So what happens? If it leaves your body not too late your limbs will feel like lead, and you’ll be like that for good, because it drained you of too much of your essence. But if it leaves your body late, you will become a vegetable and lie in bed for the rest of your life hanging on by a thread. Even if you had money, would you be able to spend it? Even if you had fame, would you be able to enjoy it? Wouldn’t it be horrible?

These things have become really serious and they’re common among people who practice qigong these days. The animal doesn’t just possess the body, it also kills the person’s master soul, and it burrows into the person’s Niwan Palace and squats there. The person looks like a human being, but he’s not. You even see things like that nowadays. Mankind’s morals have changed, so when some people do bad things, and you tell them they’re doing bad things, they just don’t believe you.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by omido86

Mr.Omid!
How do you explaine that Li Hongzhi considers David Coperfield ( a well-known illusionist), to be a true Qi-Gong master with supernatural abilities?

edit on 22-9-2010 by tonykaveh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonykaveh
reply to post by omido86

Mr.Omid!
How do you explaine that Li Hongzhi considers David Coperfield ( a well-known illusionist), to be a true Qi-Gong master with supernatural abilities?

edit on 22-9-2010 by tonykaveh because: (no reason given)

no ones perfect buddy,

besides maybe he is, maybe the true trick is convincing us his magic tricks are mere slight of hand, when he may in fact have some abilities that he isnt being honest about, maybe his true tricks arent shown to the public.

just speculating

edit on 22-9-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Guys, I came upon this site. It is about Tai Chi practice and the experience of Chi energy. He even has a Falun Gong section. Apparently, he wasn't impressed.

www.chikung-unlimited.com...

I am not affiliated with it. However, the author was trained for 20 years under a Chi master. Read his bio. He is the real thing. He does not talk too much about all the new age philosophy of love and compassion and etc. He deals with the experience of Chi. How and what you must do to draw the Chi energy. I am able to relate to what he said. I even emailed him about my experience and he replied back to me too.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Guys, I came upon this site. It is about Tai Chi practice and the experience of Chi energy. He even has a Falun Gong section. Apparently, he wasn't impressed.

www.chikung-unlimited.com...

I am not affiliated with it. However, the author was trained for 20 years under a Chi master. Read his bio. He is the real thing. He does not talk too much about all the new age philosophy of love and compassion and etc. He deals with the experience of Chi. How and what you must do to draw the Chi energy. I am able to relate to what he said. I even emailed him about my experience and he replied back to me too.

Again, the person you mention attended ONE MEETING a long time ago with someone who claimed to be a "teacher" of FD. There is just one teacher in Falun Dafa and no "senior" lefthand men whatsoever. There was the first warning sign in his story.

Secondly, spasms and moanings are not allowed during FD exercises, one is supposed to be still and quiet. So that was not representative of this cultivation school at all.

Thirdly, there are all kinds of rumours spreading when a practice grows so fast wordlwide like FD has. That does not mean they are true.

Go read the book and try the exercises by yourself, then you will know if it is for you or not. Simple but true.

Compassion is indeed a very powerful energy.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join