It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things That Are NOT In the U.S. Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My ATS search to find a similar thread from the past was unsuccessful because of some problem occurring with the ATS search engine.

Not sure if this should be in general conspiracies or political madness; nevertheless I thought I would post it for people who are not abreast of constitutional privileges.

It’s nothing too fantastic just a tidbit of information that some may not be aware of.

Furthermore it may give some answers to the people that tend to get angered by the federal governments take over of our rights.
Some insight into how the feds through constitutional speak and legal loopholes can subjugate the people unawares.

Enjoy.

Have you ever heard someone say, "That's unconstitutional!" or "That's my constitutional right!" and wondered if they were right? You might be surprised how often people get it wrong. You might also be surprised how often people get it right. Your best defense against misconception is reading and knowing your Constitution.

A lot of people presume a lot of things about the Constitution. Some are true, some are not. This page will detail some of the things that people think are in the Constitution, but are not.

One critique of this page is that it is full of nit-picks. Slavery, for example, may not be "in" the original Constitution, but it is in the original Constitution — the word may not have been there, but the concept was. This is absolutely true. But by studying the words and coming to know them intimately, we gain a better understanding of our history and how some arguments about the Constitution endure.

Source:
www.usconstitution.net...

A Unified Theory of Constitutional Facts
Source:
law.bepress.com...

www.homelandstupidity.us...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I too use www.USConsitution.net to reference the Constitution. On my list of "things that people get wrong about the Constitution" is probably

The Separation Of Church and State

The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear anywhere in the Constitution. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion. The Religion Topic Page addresses this issue in much greater detail.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, according to Barack Obama, the U.S. Constitution "is a document of negative liberties."

Per B.O., it lists what the federal government cannot do, "but it does not outline what the government can do on your behalf."

He pretty much ignores the 10th amendment.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaxxon
I too use www.USConsitution.net to reference the Constitution. On my list of "things that people get wrong about the Constitution" is probably

The Separation Of Church and State

The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear anywhere in the Constitution. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion. The Religion Topic Page addresses this issue in much greater detail.

I have won several bets on this one alone. It's just one of those things, if it's repeated often enough everyone believes it's true.

new topics

top topics

join