It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadliest month for U.S. in Afghanistan marked by riots outside embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The Afghans threw stones and set two vehicles ablaze after a NATO SUV driven by two U.S. contractors was involved in a traffic accident that killed four Afghans.

DynCorp International confirmed that its employees, working on a program sponsored by the State Department, were involved in the accident.

In a statement, DynCorp said "Our condolences go out to the families of those who were killed or injured. An investigation is under way."

The Associated Press reported that Ahmad Jawid, an Afghan at the scene, asked: "Are we not Muslims? Are we not from Afghanistan? Infidels are here and they are ruling us. Why?"

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

The situation is getting worse, I fear for my mom who is still there (hopefully in pajshare with my grandma), my relatives are still in Kabul.

What will happen?

The same exact situation as 1990's regarding USSR.

The repetition of those stories in gatherings are coming true.

Once Jihad was announced in masjids, it spread like a wild fire, once a imam stood up and risked his life to call for jihad against the USSR occupation, it spread like fire.

Jihad against USSR was called because they were the occupying force, and they did the same crap US is doing right now. The same war tactics of calling air force and bombing whole villages etc.

This will be interesting, I'm still waiting for that moment when an imam of masjid risks his life and calls for jihad, see how fast it spreads through Afghanistan.

The Pashtoons will say, "it's a little too late, don't you think my friend".

[edit on 31-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Personally,

I would let the Afghans alone to torture and murder each other with their petty system of warlords and clans if we could be sure they would not allow AQ back in. Unfortunately we can't be assured of that.

They (the Afghans) don't seem to grasp the concept of being a nation. Makes it very hard to "nation build" such a dysfunctional place. At least the Iraqi's stepped up and took ownership of their country. If we left Afghanistan, it would just devolve into a bunch of feudal like kingdoms.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Personally,

I would let the Afghans alone to torture and murder each other with their petty system of warlords and clans if we could be sure they would not allow AQ back in. Unfortunately we can't be assured of that.

They (the Afghans) don't seem to grasp the concept of being a nation. Makes it very hard to "nation build" such a dysfunctional place. At least the Iraqi's stepped up and took ownership of their country. If we left Afghanistan, it would just devolve into a bunch of feudal like kingdoms.

Your knowledge of history is very recent, you probably don't remember what Afghanistan was like in the 50's

new topics

join