It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting dolphin Bubbles...must see this :)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Well, clearly they are not as intelligent as humans.

Sometimes you just have to wonder at those who argue that humans are the most intelligent species on the planet.

LOL.

I fail to see how that is unintelligent.
All he's doing is showing off his unusual talents which will increase his social standing amongst peers, and posting his video on youtube increases his chances of minor celebrity status, fame and an increase in wealth, thus making him more desirable to a potential mate.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

[edit on 30/7/10 by tombangelta]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

I had a momma dolphin make a huge one under my pontoon boat a month or so ago, it came straight up like a halo right at the back of the boat. She was playing with her baby in the river here in Florida. It made a huge rush of air noise when it hit the surface.

I had seen the OP dolphins on TV years ago and thought it was pretty cool but had never seen them do it personally till just now.

I have seen them do triple front flips completely out of the water less than five feet away from the right side of the boat when I was idling out of a channel, witch does freak you out for a second seeing a huge Grey thing appear in the corner of your eye lol.

I have also had three huge dolphins ride under the bow of my friends boat so close at 30mph I could reach over and grab their dorsal fin, they thought I was interesting, they would look up at me and just smile. They were just happy they could hitch a ride out to sea.

The best ever, was one time I took my flat bottom Jon boat out fishing on the flats early one morning and found at least 30 of them and their young all playing in one spot. The water was only 4 FT deep, I drove back real fast to the house and grabbed my friends girlfriend because I knew she loved the dolphins and we found them in the same place.

I let the boat drift into them and we just sat there while they played all around the boat and some even came up and said hi, too bad I didn't have any fish for them but I will tell you. They know who we are and I swore they could read our minds. Its an amazing feeling when one of them rolls on its side and just stares at you. They are the only ones to have larger brains than we do and I think they would amaze us if we could only read their minds.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It would be nice if they weren't in that tank and were free. They were trained to do their tricks and put on a show, and eat fish for a reward. Just like a pet dog.

Maybe someday they all can be free.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Dolphins are the second smartest creatures bellow us, then there's crows bellow them, apes next, elephants, etc etc. Most definably glorious creations of God and absolutely things to study.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You know.. it just occurred to me that because dolphins have their sonar.. they may "see" currents of water as physical objects in the water.. I wonder what these toroid like bubbles of powerful currents look like to them in their mind.

I wonder if they use these currents to comminicate things to each other as well. That may be why these larger whales make these kinds of "bubbles" too.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
S&F for the OP!

It's things like this that IMO make the Internet such a great medium.

You'd have to be working with or living around dolphins to see this without it; here it's shared for all who want to see.

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

absolutely the most awesomest thing i have seen in a long time..

I guess it is a way for them to find something to do..

it has only been recently that they have been doing this..

just awesome!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

absolutely the most awesomest thing i have seen in a long time..

I guess it is a way for them to find something to do..

it has only been recently that they have been doing this..

just awesome!

Keep in mind though that that could be because they are in captivity that they didn't do it more before. So they may have to relearn for themselves things that otherwise would have been passd down to them in the wild in their normal social communities.

The most amazing thing to me though is when it rotates the ring like it's a physical object and actually makes a kind of triangle out of the ring. This is why I wonder if they see these "bubbles" differently than we do.. I am wondering if they see the currents in the water that we don't see as well and it may loook like somekind of gemetric shape that it can manipulate. I wonder if it makes somekind of weird sound to them too?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by 8311-XHT]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
If I could have one buddy to spend my time with away from humans, it would be a toss up between a canine or dolphin...

win-win either way.

Makes sense, because dolphins evolved from land mammals that were very similar to wolves.

Fascinating animals in the video, enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man
Can anyone explain "how" this works
I tried it in my pool and couldnt do it
Is there some technique or blowhole dynamics I dont understand?

Hah this looks like so much fun.. I want to do it to

It would be so funny to watch you in video underwater trying to do that.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man
Can anyone explain "how" this works
I tried it in my pool and couldnt do it
Is there some technique or blowhole dynamics I dont understand?

Hah this looks like so much fun.. I want to do it to

Here you go, straight from "Bubble Rings.com", ...

How do humans create bubble rings with their mouth?

The instructions are a little long, so I didn't bother posting them. (You'll have to go about half way down the page for the instructions.)

And a little humor from that site, ...

How do you get a dolphin to make bubble rings?

Good question. I think you need to learn to read their minds first. Once you can do that, choose a dolphin, read his mind, and learn from him how to say "make a bubble ring now please" in his language. Then stick your head in the water and say it to him, and hope for the best.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Makes sense, because dolphins evolved from land mammals that were very similar to wolves.

say what? I seriously doubt that Dolphins evolved from any land animal, let alone wolves..good grief people..where do you get this stuff from?

OT: i still think that video is awesome..

[edit on 30-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

say what? I seriously doubt that Dolphins evolved from any land animal, let alone wolves..good grief people..where do you get this stuff from?

OT: i still think that video is awesome..

[edit on 30-7-2010 by baddmove]

Uhhh it is true...

Research is your friend!

oO

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by ArkayikRuination
I wasn't aware that dolphins could do this. I wonder how deep their intelligence runs.

Well, clearly they are not as intelligent as humans.

Sometimes you just have to wonder at those who argue that humans are the most intelligent species on the planet.

You failed posting this video. Maybe a unconscious form of racism. This guy is just making some fun. I laughed a lot from that video. A video of Hitler or Bush with their followers, or fishermans killing some dolphins are a lot more convenient with your statement.

Dolphins are the most spiritually evolved species on earth that I know. Maybe evolved souls incarnate in dolphins. Funny thing is that we spend our time looking for intelligent life outside Earth. Just look at Earth, there are many "aliens" (dolphins, other animals...) already here!

[edit on 30-7-2010 by bugasman]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yes..research is my friend...

but Dolphins from land animals is not..

I tell you what..you post me a good link that..

dolphins used to be land animals and i will debunk it..

and i will even post pictures and things so you can see that..

what you are saying is utter nonsense..

do you see wolves blowing water bubbles?

do you see Dolphins Howling at the moon?

no..you don't ..

evolution is a myth...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Don't bother to some people the only truth are the lie they already believe.

The whole creation/evolution debate is a waste of time.

Science and creation don't mix well.

To each their own, regardless of research and facts.

My word should be good enough!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugasman
You failed posting this video. Maybe a unconscious form of racism. This guy is just making some fun.

I think you're reading too much into the poster's intent. You have absolutely no idea what race the poster was that posted it.
In fact, I'd put it to you, that you are the one who is racially biased, as it is you that read a ''racist'' motive in to an innocuous post about a youtube video.
The impression that I got from the poster is that he was showing a video of a human stuffing large objects into his mouth and pulling strange faces, in an attempt to show that humans do things that we'd consider not generally ''intelligent''.

As I posted before, I think the guy in the video is intelligent, because he's publicly showing off his talents that could well be useful in a social sense, through humour and popularity ( eg. ''Mate, do that thing with your mouth !'' ), and also potential low-key fame and extra money, will boost his sexual popularity amongst females.

Seriously, drop this ''race'' thing. Only you suggested it, in the complete ignorance of both the poster's ''race'' and motives. So I'd politely suggest that it may be you that has an ''issue'' about this thing.

Let's not forget that it was you that acknowledged the man's race in the video, nobody else. Unless you know telepathy.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

yes..research is my friend...

but Dolphins from land animals is not..

I tell you what..you post me a good link that..

dolphins used to be land animals and i will debunk it..

and i will even post pictures and things so you can see that..

what you are saying is utter nonsense..

do you see wolves blowing water bubbles?

do you see Dolphins Howling at the moon?

no..you don't ..

evolution is a myth...

Ohh Ok, you cant read and are an anti-evolutionist. Groovy.

I'll take that as You wont even bother with trying to but will do your best to argue your stance.

Ok, You win.. Go back to church now..

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The key to rmember if you try to do what the dolphins are doing is you somehow need to make a vortex in the water.. I think the dolphin uses his head to do this but it will likely take a LOT of force.. then once you have created the vortex you inject some air into it. Then I believe you can push the vortex around and down in the water like a force field almost... like a physical object.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by 8311-XHT]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join