It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked files indicate U.S. pays Afghan media to run friendly stories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by bruxfinn

Yeah...I am sure that must be it...

No offense, and while I think there are some religious/cultural overtones to the war, I seriously doubt that to be the primary motivation...

Nothing you said is offensive. But I do find it suspicious that the Taliban began its comeback as a force in the region in beginning in October 2006. I suppose its just a coincidence that NATO took over the International Assistance Program at the exact same time.

I trust my own judgement and think I've been able to get a pretty good grip as to what is happening in Afghanistan over the last 6 years and while I am not able to explain it here, the next two weeks will be quite interesting and give us all a lot to talk about. Assuming that the last 6 weeks haven't been interesting enough.

But I know that many of the posters will be writing from a script and the only conclusion they are selling is ... Someone get the Americans out of Afghanistan ... we can't hold out much longer.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
reply to post by Thepreye

Actually, I am a 40 years old male with lots of testosterone and righteousness. That is why so many people despise me. By this age most men are totally broken...I am not.

Fair play, I actually take back the tone of my words, I believed you were speaking of events in standard a1 reality, however you aren't, I glean from other threads, I'm conversant in a number of other realities and have come across yours before, I'm intrigued enough to listen and give some credence, what happens in ten days though dude?

I've got four years on you and the only thing I can't do better now than at 21 is run.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by bruxfinn
reply to post by Thepreye

Actually, I am a 40 years old male with lots of testosterone and righteousness. That is why so many people despise me. By this age most men are totally broken...I am not.

Fair play, I actually take back the tone of my words, I believed you were speaking of events in standard a1 reality, however you aren't, I glean from other threads, I'm conversant in a number of other realities and have come across yours before, I'm intrigued enough to listen and give some credence, what happens in ten days though dude?

I've got four years on you and the only thing I can't do better now than at 21 is run.

The sadistic are successful in war and make in profitable, but the masochistic win wars, by ending them and making them impossible. I would tell you exactly what's going to happen, but that would be against forum policy.

So, i'll just say that one man's masochistic act will bring down the facade that many are hiding behind. That way everyone can see better what it is that they are really doing.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join