It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Want the President Dead?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I am very shocked to hear senior citizens making Death threats to the President of the United States: They had witnessed the death of JFK, most have served this country, they respect the office of the President though they may not like the president. Your post sounds more like the Liberal agenda that CNN subscribes to and attempts to make anyone who does not agree with the agenda are branded as" Racists". Further If I had heard threats against the President I would be on the phone with my local FBI office with full details of what was said.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by brilab45

NO- You are wrong.

Lower taxes-Create Jobs-People Pay Into the system. Not TAKE out of it.

You keep taxing people money they DONT have, then they are not going to be able to Hire workers to make their companies succeed and be able to hire MORE workers.

You attract bees with Honey, not by taking their honey away.

The more people are out working, the more this country brings in revenue.

The more we produce, the more we earn.

The more we earn, the more we make.

The more we make, the more we can get out of this mess we are in.

When the only thing we outsource is oranges and tomatoes, what are you going to do with your masters degree? Count fruit?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonjanderson

I am very shocked to hear senior citizens making Death threats to the President of the United States: They had witnessed the death of JFK, most have served this country, they respect the office of the President though they may not like the president. Your post sounds more like the Liberal agenda that CNN subscribes to and attempts to make anyone who does not agree with the agenda are branded as" Racists". Further If I had heard threats against the President I would be on the phone with my local FBI office with full details of what was said.

I was shocked too.

Why would I be following a liberal agenda
How would this even be a liberal agenda.

You would have turned in a group of people in their late 70s to mid-80s who were basically yelling at the TV? Some using walkers and one in a wheelchair? That was one of the issues I was struggling with. As I've already stated numerous times beyond what I said in the OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Sorry but I just can't imagine the elderly marching towards the Capital on their walking frames and scooters, pulling out a rifle and trying to kill the President. They were probably just cranky because some young kid didn't offer them a seat on the bus, or angry because they got the wrong order at the fish market.

I also find it interesting these types of threats in every day buildings were not discussed when Bush was President.

[edit on 27/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

Originally posted by beansanmash

I'm actually considering removing my membership from this website after reading some of the responses. I do not want to be associated with so much hate hot headed lust for violence.

Are you serious? Grow up. Quit being such a wimpy baby. Come back from fantasy land. Where are you seeing all this lust for violence? People don't like Obama end of story. Lust for violence... give me a break. This is why I said the OP was on the left... this whole thread is like something you would see on Keith Olberman. People don't like what Obama is doing and that has then been twisted into a plot to assasinate the president. The message here is start liking Obama. Don't disagree with him or his polocies... If you do then you will be a hatefull racist murderer.

I'm not sure how well you have read the thread, but I was responding to the people who said that they wanted to shoot the president and to the people who agreed that was a good idea.

And frankly with programs being so popular such as 'Glenn Beck,' that constantly make comparisons of Obama to the king of England before the Revolutionary War and deliver other incitements that prey on peoples fears, the entire concept is detestable and scary.

On the other hand, I am very happy to see the many level headed members on this website as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Me? Who says I didn't notice when Bush was president? Threatening any president or any human for that matter with death is wrong.

The topic here is something I experience last week and happened to be about the current president. I've covered the answer to this very odd conclusion from a few people now.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Your first post sounds very much like the stretched truth of what CNN anchors make up every day.

I hear a lot of people who hate the president and I mean HATE but I have yet heard anyone in the near 2 years threaten to kill him.

That is why I Question if you are on a Liberal agenda, or telling a true account

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by brilab45

NO- You are wrong.

Lower taxes-Create Jobs-People Pay Into the system. Not TAKE out of it.

You keep taxing people money they DONT have, then they are not going to be able to Hire workers to make their companies succeed and be able to hire MORE workers.

You attract bees with Honey, not by taking their honey away.

The more people are out working, the more this country brings in revenue.

The more we produce, the more we earn.

The more we earn, the more we make.

The more we make, the more we can get out of this mess we are in.

When the only thing we outsource is oranges and tomatoes, what are you going to do with your masters degree? Count fruit?

If we get people to work, we wont have to worry about that now will we?
We WILL have to worry about it if we continue on the course that we are already taking.

My whole REPLY to you, was more directed at your taxation policy here in America.

So really, you are talking two different issues here, not just taxation.

Outsourcing work for cheaper labor is a completely different issue, and one (might I add) that I probably agree with you on(somewhat).

I am Very against Outsourcing of buisness instead of keeping it in the States where we put OUR PEOPLE to work, and give OUR PEOPLE a living.
I dont think 'taxation' on companies outsourcing is really the answer, something MUCH MORE strict should become of companies whom do that.
So in a way I agree with you about this, but where we differ is on the taxation policies.

I hope that fixes the confusion.

edit- AND btw- Whats up with this new "quote" crap? I dont like it one bit. cuts everything off!

Oh and to the OP- Im sorry if I am getting off topic. You know how politics goes

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jonjanderson

True account.

I don't have any agenda, liberal or otherwise. I haven't heard CNN do anything like this about death threats to the president, but if they have, I would now say there's some truth to it.

On a side note, I was looking some things up earlier this evening, and apparently Obama has had more death threats logged against him than any other president at any time in history. But these were 2009 stories.

One pretty weird story from 2008 was about death threats against Obama and traitorous liberals on Bill O'Reilly's website in August of 2008.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by beansanmash

I'm sorry. That was not my intent. But better we're aware of it than not aware, I suppose? What gets ME the most these days is all the griping and so little concrete ACTION. We all know somethings wrong, but....

Maybe that's a huge part of the frustration so many people are feeling, and it's just manifesting in different ways. It's almost like everyone's lost. No leadership really. Just bickering, emotion, and hate.

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

It is.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by ~Lucidity]

I completely agree. Something is very wrong with the American political system at the moment but no one can seem to place a finger on exactly what it is.

A common reaction is to place the blame on a tangible target.

EDIT: to clarify I am not reacting to the post, i think it is an important thread to have people hear about. I was only reacting to the amount of people on this thread that actually supported the views of those people in the doctors office being much higher than I would have even considered.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by beansanmash]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Now this is really bothering me. What's the liberal agenda? I'm guessing it's to say that what conservatives want Obama dead? Is that it?

Grrr as if I didn't have enough stuff to look up and read.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Here is a thumb nail sketch of the liberal Agenda.www.armchairviews.com...

And if you can stomach watching/listening to Glenn Beck he offers a great deal of truth on the issue- though keep a bottle of maalox handy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by OldDragger

What's delusional is thinking obama's helping. He's not, he's doing the opposite of that. And people are starting to wake up to that.

I don't get it.

What exactly is he doing that is really really bad? Other than the flagrant lies during his election campaign what is he doing that is so bad.

Please appreciate that we across the pond get nothing but "he is a hero" crap spread through our channels so I genuinely don't know.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
My reflections upon your experience is much more generational. Most of us under 40 (minus the x-military amongst us) were taught that fighting is bad. Those old timers however are more accustomed to the grab-your-balls and speak up type of do-or-dies.

Now, for the most part the "Silent Generation" earned their name justly. Although, go ahead and cross that old codgers lawn and let your dog curl up for a crap there... we all know that guy is going to come out shouting and hooting (maybe with a 12 ga in hand!).

The pacified males, complacent and reflective like 'ol Tyler Durdan in Fight Club are still wondering about stuff... These old timers don't much wonder still- they get right down to business when they feel the carpet call.

Funny though, if everyone, good bad and ugly chose to speak out about what they were passionate about, I truly believe we'd have much less tension amongst the citizenry. Take the best of the old codgers and the innovative youngster, and I'll bet there's an applicable harmony within.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beansanmash

No one in this thread said they wanted to shoot the President and if they did they would be banned.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

This is a different time. All those post presidents did was deny the inveitable. Higher taxes. We can not sustain this society, infrastructure and social programs without higher taxes. These past presidents are the ones who created the bubble we are in. No taxes = no growth.

Nothing more than BS. This country has seen MANY times growth without having to increase taxes, or implement any new taxes...

As a matter of fact the U.S. has done a lot worse every time taxes have been increased.

What we need is less of a nanny state and for the Obama administration to return the over $13 trillion dollars they stole alongside corporations during the Obama administration, and it is not over...

Further, we should tax the hell out of businesses that are American operating oversea's. Come back home or we will criminalize your abroad capitalism.

What we need to do is fine companies that outsource jobs overseas, and keep fining them until they return jobs to the U.S.

Repuplicans are all about hide and seek. Lets make a few individuals rich and wipe out the middle class. That is exactly what the republicans have done. Effectively wiped out middle class.

You are just showing the common ignorance that plagues the left. This ignorance comes from not knowing the history of your own country or even the Constitution of the country where you are a citizen of...

Let me try to enlighten you a bit on some facts you are obviously very ignorant about....

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

You would have known this if you had bothered to actually read the U.S. Constitution, and the other documents which are the building block of this nation.

Now let's see what "REPUBLICANISM means...

the principles of a theory of government in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and exercised by representatives they elect directly or indirectly and by an elected or nominated president.

www.electionalize.com...

What does it mean to be a republican?...

the political orientation of those who hold that a republic is the best form of government.

wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

Being a republican doesn't mean being a corpocrat, and many people who are republicans in government are nothing more than RINOs, or Republicans In Name Only, and they do not represent republicanism.

Your logic in entrenched in your age.

Your logic is entrenched in ignorance as you have shown... BTW, in case you didn't know there are republicans of many different ages...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Well, I certainly don't want him dead. But, conversely, I don't fear for his life either. Whatever comes of this man (Obama) will be of his own accord, therefore, it really doesn't matter to me what inevitably occurs.

I will tell you this though...

The rising sentiment that you speak of is getting worse, not because of his color, his background, or what the media presents him as, but, for who and what he represents.

This man that you call the president is beyond any facet of evil that you may have ever imagined, and trust me, he does not have your best interests in mind.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I'm well over 40 and nowhere do I say I didn't understand or don't empathize. I totally understand.

My concern is with the extremeness of what they were saying. And also the focus on the MAN...one MAN. It can be argued that it's his job to take the heat, but still both the hate being projected and their solution are radical. I understand they're older and may think they don't have so much to lose. They've seen a lot and don't have a lot of time left to be pussyfooting around.

I understand that there's a huge frustration and desperation, but it's still not cool and maybe even outright dangerous to THEM to be speaking out this way...about killing the president. About wanting him dead.

LOL What sized RoCK did you just crawl out from under?

Sheesh

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I like your response to their response. Injustice, and being compltely appalled. Because despite what the president may have done, will do, or whatever someone makes him do, you see him human first and foremost. And we are all capable of mistakes, and nobody deserves to die just because of their political position. I'm glad you took the time to write this, I've been wondering about something like this for quite a while now. People just seemed to be obsessed by some crazy notion that killing him would do some good. Take a look at VP Joe Biden. Seriously. Would you want him to be president? Uhm, I don't think so. He sort of reminds me of a half-there fortune teller who likes playing roulette... slightly blonde. No I'd rather have Obama for now thanks, even if he's only a donkey and just carries the weight of the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i wouldnt have been as quiet, i would have reminded them that it wouldnt make a difference if they did or not, he's just a puppet. we have to find and get the puppet masters, remind them of that,

instead you sat there and probly gave them an assuming impression that you liked obama, so now their thinking we showed that obamanite,

their futile aggressive conversation ended with nothing learned,

remember go for the puppet masters not the puppet.

spread that know.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join