It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys, girls, both? Estragon launches Topic!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
arc

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
lol they would have to be the right style of uniforms - no concentration would be had if your class mates all wore their's Britney style

My high school did have a uniform - quite a casual one however. So long as we all wore the right colours and the right items, the style wasn't too important. It helped to a degree, but I found that kids, being the evil little demons that they are, will always find some difference to pick up on - accents, glasses, braces, intelligence...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think uniforms are a good idea. I wouldn't have opted for them when I was younger though. Then, and even more so now, it's a rat race: Who wears the most J. Crew, abercrombie, etc, etc. (this being in public schools)

Like your school Arc, my son has to wear certain cloths - not so much a uniform but blue or khaki pants, white or blue shirts. And a school sweatshirt if they would like. And dress shoes.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
would have been even more distracting...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Depends on the kid, eh?

Some girls are more timid (my daughter would have done better in an all-girls' school.) Some boys simply need to be put in a place where they're not distracted by the opposite sex.

Many kids can handle a mixed school, however.

I'd say evaluate the kid first and place them where it seems appropriate. One of the REAL problems with sex segregation is that the girls often lose out in science and athletics and the boys often lose out in life skills.

Like cooking.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fantastic_Damage
The men are by far the worst tho, they drink til they puke, they have temper tantrums and are generally extremely immature.

I don't see the problem there

I would have loved to have gone to a high school that required uniforms. Just much easier to get up in the morning and grab a uniform than pick out something to wear. Uniforms would be less distracting to some of the things the girls wear
I don't think I would have wanted to go to a same sex school though.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Especially secondary schools.
You might as well castrate all boys aged 10 - 15.

College isn't THAT bad, as long as you can sneak in

Originally posted by Netchicken
Good for girls as they get to focus on their studies wihtout the competition for boys and the distraction of relationships. They succeed and flourish in a single sexed environment

Just like all-female cannabis grow room

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by Tyler]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join