It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Anger over Unemployment Extension?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You people really have no idea how this scam is played, do you?

Do you really think that this almighty "dollar" is made with blood, sweat and tears - out of fine materials that hold any value at all?

The truth is, as they print it, it's added to the deficit with interest. Good? So now we have some money, but owe more than exists.

Did I mention this stuff is made out of nothing significant? I wonder if it would even be an ok material to use for a campfire to keep warm.

Every time the mail man goes to cash his check, the bank creates this money out of thin air, and adds the amount plus interest to the deficit.
Every time a welfare recipient cashes a gov check, the bank creates this money out of thin air, and adds the amount plus interest to the deficit.

Does this make sense? This stuff holds no value. We are working to create more DEBT.

Are you still working? They really have us fooled, to actually feel "LUCKY" to be a wage slave to these corrupt pieces of slime. This is the biggest trick of all, that they have us feeling lucky to bend over for these people.

I'll stop here. I'm not well.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't like it either. If they keep extending unemployment for folks, then there may not be any left whenever I myself am unemployed.

Honestly, though, I don't approve of any handouts. Not even child support, really. I mean, all someone has to do to get a paycheck from the government is get pregnant, and they magically no longer need to work for anything. You just grab any dood lurking around, get pregnant, get his contact information (or not), and that's it. It keeps guys like me that work hard simply single with no prospects. I mean, I get a paycheck.. but you go to work, get bored, go home, get bored, repeat... there's really not an option to modify the routine at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

whats your alternative ? BUY some land and grow vegetables ?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think the Anger over Unemployment Extension is due to the fact that Obama promised to create millions of new jobs.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
I don't like it either. If they keep extending unemployment for folks, then there may not be any left whenever I myself am unemployed.

Honestly, though, I don't approve of any handouts. Not even child support, really. I mean, all someone has to do to get a paycheck from the government is get pregnant, and they magically no longer need to work for anything. You just grab any dood lurking around, get pregnant, get his contact information (or not), and that's it. It keeps guys like me that work hard simply single with no prospects. I mean, I get a paycheck.. but you go to work, get bored, go home, get bored, repeat... there's really not an option to modify the routine at all.

I couldn't agree with you more on one point - Child support. If someone wants to raise a kid, cool... Leave everyone not wanting said kid, and the national debt, out of it. We encourage people to breed. It's disgusting.

To be on topic though, let them keep extending it. I really don't believe they even have a fund for unemployment benefits anymore. They just continue to print away at the almighty dollar press. Really they raided SSI, they raid every fund they ever put together. What makes unemployment any different?

I say keep collecting. It makes no difference to any of us, the money is useless, but it does stimulate the economy. If not for these benefits, many companies would struggle. Many communities would.

I think we are already in a communism. If we all don't work, we will all collect our portion every month. We are getting to that point, if you think about it.

Thanks for the response, and making me think more into it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Honestly, though, I don't approve of any handouts. Not even child support, really. I mean, all someone has to do to get a paycheck from the government is get pregnant, and they magically no longer need to work for anything.

Child support is not a handout. It's difficult enough to raise a family in a two parent evrionment let alone as a single parent. If you don't want to pay it then don't have sex with anyone you don't want to live with for the rest of your life.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I think the Anger over Unemployment Extension is due to the fact that Obama promised to create millions of new jobs.

Alxandro. I like you.

You are right. The jobs were promised, indeed. Many people voted for Obama thinking he had jobs ready to hand to them personally, it seems.
"He's gonna pay my Mortgage!" ........ftw ? lol

But I feel like we have all been enslaved by these "jobs" for a long time. It all comes down to pleasing the corporate masters. Why feel lucky to be enslaved by them? OUR govt caters to them, not us.

It bothers me that we can feel so "lucky", so "blessed", to be enslaved so hopelessly and not even know it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

It most definitely IS a hand out. Nobody has been FORCED to breed. Someone should really think about finances before they decide to breed. Forcing other people to care about your broken condom is unfair. It IS a hand out.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm against the unemployment extension, because we're only 9 meals skipped away from revolution
and keeping up this wellfare state actually let's the beast continue on for a while yet.

Because of actions like these, the system continues on, and the elite continue to plunder the people, taking their property and dignity. Because of actions like these, people feel dependent on the government, and feel unempowered to stand up and defend their rights.

The bread and circuses have turned into the crumbs and clowns.

... rise from the ashes of the phoenix, is my take on it all.

Let it burn, already!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Your response is the best I have ever seen. Thank you for your input.

I would LoVE for this whole mess to be exposed for what it is, and then come to an end.

Only after ending this pillaging can we start something new.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Money is a symbol. Fiat money is a promise to pay and assumed to hold some value out o good will and nothing more. If goodwill is destroyed by printing stacks of worthless copies of promise to pay , which are given away to folks which take it to those to trade for real goods and real services of stable or at least concrete value, that is theft of goods by virtue of collusion with the state which give money for nothing to some, but not to others. If you print more and more promises to pay, eventually those promises to pay become meaningless.
It is welfare, it is income redistribution. Unimploymenet insureance would work only if you get back the money you put it, but everyone of the long term unemployed have taken out more than they have ever put in.
Dont assume the debt just goes away, it is assigned to those that work, whether they like it or not. Mayy like myself are not entitled to unemployement 'insurance" so it's not really about equality it's about permitting the chronically ineffective and lazy to breed and scare the productive class into paying protection money tothe govt, who waste the money on their friends when they get it

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We're currently experiencing a race. It's the largest race in the history of humanity, and it's purely abstract. It's a race between those in power continuing their facade and securing it as well as they can to make resistance futile versus the awakening people are currently experiencing.

If they hadn't extended unemployment, it would have been the beginning of the end for them. People will be trying to figure out what the # is going on when they realize that the beast that is the state has caused the people to rely on this beast so much that you become interdependent on it's stability. It's enforcing slavery by causing people to believe maintaining their slave nature is vital to maintaining their lives, which for the most part it is. The only way it's going to end is when some people are willing to lay their lives on the side and fight for something greater than themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I'm game, and so are thousands of others.

.. it's not as if this is really living, or being free now, anyways..

Let's organize.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I'm game, and so are thousands of others.

.. it's not as if this is really living, or being free now, anyways..

Let's organize.

To organize we need something to organize around and the fact remains those in power have done a damn good job covering their bases as best as they can.

I've always said to understand the tactics used by TPTB you only need to read three texts; Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, and the 36 stratagems.

I'm not well verses off the top of my head on the first two due to their size, but in the stratagems one of the strategies is to use your enemies strength against them. Use their momentum. They did this when they took over the tea party movement by inflating it and making it popular. Doing so they have had neocon's flock to the movement to detract from it's actual values.

The simple solution is to do the same back. Take the size and attention given from the tea party movement, and convert them again. If this was done, it's game over for TPTB with their current game plan. They would need to do something drastic that would likely jeopardize their positions in the end.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Tea party is dead. The media twisted it too far. What we need to hurdle around is very clear and simple chants of peace and freedom. If we're completely clear with our purpose and intent, the establishment will have a tough time deceiving the public once again.

We are the people's movement.
We stand for peace, freedom, and equality for all.
We seek to rid the world of government's which serve as a means to control the people, and do us harm.
We bond together with the knowledge that our spirit, united, can never be defeated.
We bridge the gaps of the left-right paradigm, and every other divisive tactic and propaganda ploy which seeks to divide and conquer the spirit of the people!

...something to that degree.

At first, it was the profoundly gifted speaking with the high-gifted. Then the high-gifted passed on their foresight to the gifted. Now it's time for the gifted to inform the bright folks, and the bright folks to get everyone else on board.

tick..tock..tick..tock.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Tea party is dead. The media twisted it too far. What we need to hurdle around is very clear and simple chants of peace and freedom. If we're completely clear with our purpose and intent, the establishment will have a tough time deceiving the public once again.

We are the people's movement.
We stand for peace, freedom, and equality for all.
We seek to rid the world of government's which serve as a means to control the people, and do us harm.
We bond together with the knowledge that our spirit, united, can never be defeated.
We bridge the gaps of the left-right paradigm, and every other divisive tactic and propaganda ploy which seeks to divide and conquer the spirit of the people!

...something to that degree.

At first, it was the profoundly gifted speaking with the high-gifted. Then the high-gifted passed on their foresight to the gifted. Now it's time for the gifted to inform the bright folks, and the bright folks to get everyone else on board.

tick..tock..tick..tock.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by unityemissions]

Peace and freedom party? You mean like any of the piles of dead killed off by their aggressive neighbors usually following a "you can have peace and freedom when your dead, We'll take your stuff" as promoted by govt?
THe true evil is that govt's are all filled with those that covet the property of others and they find toadies that are looking for permission to take it and they split the profits

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Believe me, Child Support is NOT a hand out.

It's what the non custodial parent pays the custodial parent for the care of the child. It's supposed to be used for the child(ren)

I think you are thinking of welfare.

I pay half of my paycheck to child support every week. That money goes to my child. (course the state takes a little bit for themselves, which I don't agree with)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I am happy for you. Another one smart enough to get entangled into THAT trap.

This is what the state is about. Children are control over us. With children, they are able to take your paycheck. Don't pay and you can go to jail.
Funny, it was ruled Unconstitutional to be jailed for debt.

If the state disagrees with how we treat their property (the kids), they will simply take them away.

It's life.

You know, I always liked you, too.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My lord, you clowns must have found a package of stupid cookies and ate every one of them.

Child support is not, I repeat, NOT a handout. whatukno explained it already. And unemployment benefits are NOT welfare. They are two different programs. I can see where you Tea bangers would be against welfare, because I hear you always talking about drug addicted lazy loser baby machines collecting money from the government that was robbed from you at gunpoint, or how ever the brainless puke goes.

But unemployment benefits are for working people who are out of work, laid off, downsized, or plain fired. These people are not lazy, drug addicted, losers who refuse to work. They simply can't find a job. Does that make them a loser? NO! Currently there are 20 million people for only 3.5 million job openings at any given time.

Unemployment benefits are the 2nd highest economic stimulus next to food stamps. For every $1 that goes to food stamps, it puts a $1.73 back into the economy. For every $1 in unemployment benefits it returns $1.63 into the economy.

CBO scores "increasing aid to the unemployed" as the highest-scoring policy proposal to stimulate economy. In a January 14 report on "Policies for Increasing Economic Growth and Employment in 2010 and 2011," the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated:
"Policies that could be implemented relatively quickly or targeted toward people whose consumption tends to be restricted by their income, such as reducing payroll taxes for firms that increase payroll or increasing aid to the unemployed, would have the largest effects on output and employment per dollar of budgetary cost in 2010 and 2011. "

According to a table in the report, CBO estimated that increasing aid to the unemployed would have the greatest effects on GDP per dollar of budgetary cost and the second highest cumulative effect on employment of the policy options considered.

Here is the CBO director Douglas Elmendor: "Transfers to persons (for example, unemployment insurance and nutrition assistance) would also have a significant impact on GDP. Because a large amount of such spending can occur quickly, transfers would have a significant impact on GDP by early 2010. Transfers also include refundable tax credits, which have an impact similar to that of a temporary tax cut.

A dollar's worth of a temporary tax cut would have a smaller effect on GDP than a dollar's worth of direct purchases or transfers, because a significant share of the tax cut would probably be saved."

Do you see that he calls it unemployment insurance? That is because it is paid in BY THE EMPLOYEE WHILE HE/SHE ARE EMPLOYED. Which means it ain't your money, or the governments money, IT'S THEIRS!!! We all pay when we have taxes pulled out of our checks. Somehow you people have twisted it around to think that you have a job now and they don't, so you must be paying for them to sit at home and be lazy losers and smoke crack.

I swear I need to start charging for these deprogramming courses. In closing, I leave you with a question. Not extending unemployment benefits would lead to these people not being able to pay their bills, to not being able to buy food, to foreclosure, to losing their house, to homelessness, to sickness, to charity emergency rooms visits, then death. What would your America look like then? What would it look like if we cut off twenty million (20,000,000) Americans, men, women, children, elderly, and let then descend into homelessness and starvation and then death?

Don't kid yourself into thinking it wouldn't cost all the rest of us more money than unemployment benefits. That was only $30 billion. Divide that by every unemployed person and it comes to $1500 each. A real bargin to keep taxpayers from paying for all the ways 20 million starving homeless would cost us in emergency room care alone. Get on the right side of this issue, the side with rational, compassionate and logical answers. Don't let TPTB fool you into thinking it's the poor and unemployed that caused the economic situation America is in, or the reason we have deficits. That blame definitely belongs to the wealthy

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This is what the state is about. Children are control over us. With children, they are able to take your paycheck.

Speak for yourself because my kids aren't in control over me. And what exactly is that fuzzy logic you are using about, "With children, they are able to take your paycheck."? Who, the state? What the hell state are you living in? Nobody takes my check and I have 3 kids.
Nemesis = yes
Lost = Definitely!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join