It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the California MegaQuake at the door?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Dear Ethan,

One thing is sure, after the megaquake on Japan in March the seismic activity in the north Pacific has continued without pause, and perhaps the big one comming to the pacific is not so far after all, It might occur even on the transiction from this spring to the next one, in a time frame of one year more or less.

This week for instance another important event occured in the Pacific coast of the country, not in California but in Alaska, where a quake with epicenter nearby Anchorage shaked hundreds of kilometerers of mountains,

Pls check the report: news.yahoo.com...

thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

This week on the transition between Spring and Summer, a new powerful seismic episode occurred at Japan is showing us again that the North Pacific basin is more active than never before and that it is perfectly logical to wait for new important events happening during this summer, either in places in which it was already trembled before or in new risk areas.

www.nydailynews.com...

thanks,

your friend,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/23/2011 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Reliable and seer do not belong in the same sentence. If seer's were real they would not be so cryptic but be more specific. They also would have a perfect track record on their predictions.

Nobody can predict earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The angel of light
reply to post by The angel of light

The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

This week on the transition between Spring and Summer, a new powerful seismic episode occurred at Japan is showing us again that the North Pacific basin is more active than never before and that it is perfectly logical to wait for new important events happening during this summer, either in places in which it was already trembled before or in new risk areas.

www.nydailynews.com...

thanks,

your friend,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/23/2011 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

Would you care to debate the fact that this North Pacific Basin is more active than ever before? If I prove to you that there have been many times in the past where it's been more active what will you do?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
If seer's were real they would not be so cryptic but be more specific.

I don't know anybody in any profession with a "perfect" track record. Why do seers have to be?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Would you care to debate the fact that this North Pacific Basin is more active than ever before? If I prove to you that there have been many times in the past where it's been more active what will you do?

That's gonna be tough. This recent "spike" in earthquakes we are having is similar to one back around 1960. it seems consensus is starting to move towards saying we are bit more active now than around 1960.

The EQ data doesn't go back far enough to find any other "spikes" that are larger than either of these. Doesn't mean there wasn't any. Just gonne be hard to prove without data.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT

I don't know anybody in any profession with a "perfect" track record. Why do seers have to be?

Nobody else is claiming to be able to predict earthquakes either.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

That's gonna be tough. This recent "spike" in earthquakes we are having is similar to one back around 1960. it seems consensus is starting to move towards saying we are bit more active now than around 1960.

The EQ data doesn't go back far enough to find any other "spikes" that are larger than either of these. Doesn't mean there wasn't any. Just gonne be hard to prove without data.

You sure about this?

What if I did produce data showing larger spikes. I have access to all these records as i'm a geologist and work right next to our earthquake monitoring center at my university.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Nobody else is claiming to be able to predict earthquakes either.

No, but the question still remains ... why should seers be able to predict them "perfectly"?

I guess what I am trying to say, is if psychic ability is real it's going to be a "learned ability" like every other human capacity/ability.

Non-existant in most, Crappy in many, Good in some, Exceptional in a very few, and 'Perfect" in nobody.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You sure about this?

What if I did produce data showing larger spikes. I have access to all these records as i'm a geologist and work right next to our earthquake monitoring center at my university.

Produce them then. If anything I would find this very interesting. I don't care if I am wrong. If there is more interesting data out there I would love to see it.

Specifically,a chart showing all recorded EQs above 7.0, and a chart showing total energy for ALL recorded earthquakes. With the periods of 1960s and 2010 for comparison to the other periods you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You sure about this?

Produce them then. If anything I would find this very interesting. I don't care if I am wrong. If there is more interesting data out there I would love to see it.

Specifically,a chart showing all recorded EQs above 7.0, and a chart showing total energy for ALL recorded earthquakes. With the periods of 1960s and 2010 for comparison to the other periods you are talking about.

Before I spend 3 hours of my time researching all this I would like a comment from the original poster about his response before I blow up his thread with factual data. Otherwise I have better things to do. However I can think of two instances when there were series of quakes larger than what we have now.

Specifically the early 1980's which is when they though Long Valley Caldera was going to go and around the mid 70's. However it should be noted that these were based on the Richter scale which is no longer used so you will have to crunch some math for the actual data if you want it to find their relative scales for today.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You sure about this?

Before I spend 3 hours of my time researching all this I would like a comment from the original poster about his response before I blow up his thread with factual data. Otherwise I have better things to do. However I can think of two instances when there were series of quakes larger than what we have now.

Specifically the early 1980's which is when they though Long Valley Caldera was going to go and around the mid 70's. However it should be noted that these were based on the Richter scale which is no longer used so you will have to crunch some math for the actual data if you want it to find their relative scales for today.

As usual... Kro32 is off and running in threads attempting to disprove everything. Always claiming he/she is a geologist and always claiming to have factual data to back his/her claims. And as usual, does not back them up.

Kro... put up or shut up already.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I've backed up my claims that people can't predict earthquakes many times in many threads and the usual reply is "ok well what about this then" or something along those lines.

People don't understand that this information is not at the ready with a few stokes on the keyboard. I actually need to go and research it and when I do I get people like you spouting off so it hardly makes it worth the effort.

The amount of work it would take for me to go through all previous earthquake data to find an average of our recent earthquake activity then compare that to previous times through what we have recorded is not a simple task. Unless it's going to be appreciated I don't see why I should bother.

I guess I could just believe that seer's could predict earthquakes and go happily along as your doing though without questioning anything

However I will do it if the op will lay out his specific data I will refute it with mine. If he is claiming that this is the most active period in earthquake history I will need to see some numbers and timeframes and locations and I will completely prove him wrong. Otherwise you may all feel free to take him at his word.
edit on 23-6-2011 by kro32 because: added more

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Again, put up or shut up.

There are MANY other members of ATS who go through tons of data, sacrificing their own time and efforts in order to educate people with real information and facts. People such as PuterMan. People like him are respected and appreciated.

You, all you do is put others down and make claims and NEVER back them up. Stop with your excuses already.

As for "seers"... "psychics"... whatever you want to call them. If you don't agree, you don't agree. But again, back up your statements or leave them alone.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
kro32,

If you do feel like taking the time to do that, this is an example of what would be really cool to see:

Sample

The energy plot on this is nice. (Notice the huge spike around and before/after 1960. The spikes around 2010 look a little lower than I remembered.)

But, it would be cool if the "count" plot wasn't ALL earthquakes, but rather ONLY 7.0s and greater.

Seems like a ways back when I last looked into this plots like this were available on the USGS site. I can't find it again. If it's there, maybe it is buried somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here's another plot showing 7.00 - 9.99 EQs for a little ways back.

The 1960 period is obvious and it shows how we've got even more now.

However, this graph seems a little suspect for some reason. I'm not sure we're really that far ahead in count yet. I'm gonna try and double check the data myself, now that I know a possible for source for it.

EQ Count

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
answer: yes...why it hasnt fallen into the ocean allready is a mystery.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not sure if it will be California but if you look at the latest USGS world map

earthquake.usgs.gov...

You will see that all around pressure has been released with a 4.0 ( or higher Earthquake ) every where but from the southern tip of North America up to about the San Juan Islands region - Washington State area for sometime now. It only stands to reason that soon something has to give in this area also. Check it out, see if you don't agree.

Jadacapri

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadacapri

We do look a little light on the bigger squares over here, don't we?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Breaking - posted today, 06/27/11 on the weather channel. I posted this over on fragile earth as well. I encourage all fellow californias to get out of here ASAP.

Angel of Light gave us warning of this imminet event (as have many other psychic mediums) well over a year ago when she started this thread.

Click on the article and you will see just how dire the situation considering we may be as many as 100 years overdue:

www.weather.com...

SCIENTISTS SAY CALIFORNIA MEGA-QUAKE IMMINENT

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join