It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amiri 'told CIA Iran had no bomb program'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, I can't say I'm surprised... The CIA lying to get what it wants - who knew?

Asia Times: Amiri 'told CIA Iran had no bomb program'

WASHINGTON - Contrary to a news media narrative that Iranian scientist Shahram Amiri has provided the United States with intelligence on covert Iranian nuclear weapons work, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) sources familiar with the Amiri case say he told his CIA handlers that there was no such Iranian nuclear weapons program, according to a former CIA officer.

Philip Giraldi, a former CIA counter-terrorism official, told Inter Press Service (IPS) that his sources were CIA officials with direct knowledge of the entire Amiri operation.

I know some on ATS are convinced that Iran has a nuclear bomb program...

All information(besides the known agenda of the MSM) I have seen shows otherwise.

What would be Iran's motive for developing nuclear weapons?

They know the U.S. and Israel are doing almost anything they can do(like lie about a 'defected spy') to go to war with Iran.

Ever wonder why we haven't left Afghanistan and Iraq?

Oh look! Those two countries just happen to be flanking Iran!

Read Up:
Geostrategy
Zbigniew Brzezinski

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But Giraldi said it is "largely a defense mechanism" to ward off criticism of the agency for its handling of the Amiri case. "The fact is he wasn't well vetted," said Giraldi, adding that Amiri was a "walk-in" about whom virtually nothing was known except his job.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The kicker:

Warrick and Miller could not get CIA officials to discuss Amiri. Instead they quoted the National Council of Resistance in Iran (NCRI) as saying that Amiri "has been associated with sensitive nuclear programs for at least a decade".

The NCRI is the political arm of the Mujahideen-e-Khalq (MEK), the anti-regime Iranian terrorist organization that has been a conduit for Israeli intelligence on the Iranian nuclear program.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
And the finale(very eloquent, IMO
)

In creating that false narrative, journalists have evidently been guided by personal convictions on the issue that are aligned with certain US, European and Israeli officials who have been pressuring the Barack Obama administration to reject the 2007 estimate.

For the Israelis and for some US officials, reversing the conclusion that Iran was not actively pursuing weaponization was considered a precondition for maneuvering US policy into a military confrontation with Iran.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I`d be surprised if there was many people in the west, never mind ATS who think Iran has nuclear weapons.
The only ones who think that, is the US government and they were wrong about Iraq.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It is only the Zionists and the shills that claim Iran has a nuclear weapons program.
the intelligence agencies have been saying they abandoned their development program in 2003

Intelligence Agencies Say No New Nukes in Iran

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree with both of you. I did have an intense conversation with one of my older relatives about this subject... It didn't go well.

They were convinced that Iran is gonna start nuking people... which would in turn lead to the total annihilation of Iran - not a good move!

It was really disheartening to say the least, especially because of the age of the person, they should have known better.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

They were convinced that Iran is gonna start nuking people... which would in turn lead to the total annihilation of Iran - not a good move!

Also Israel contains one of Islam's holiest sites.
I know how you feel I have had the same problem, wisdom and age don't always mix.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Gosh that must have really pissed them off. Okay time for plan B...plant missing nukes in Iran to be "found" (that was half tongue in cheek, ok?) Wonder if this was before or after they offered him the big bucks?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Right? And also I think Ahmadinejad has stated time and again that nuclear weapons are against Islamic law because of the sheer killing force in them.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yep. The 'weapons of mass destruction' technique didn't work this time ... what's next on the list, that Iran is the most ideal place for us to 'evacuate' our troops in Afghan and Iraq?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok, I don't fully disagree with you guys but Iran shoulda declared Qom. Built into the side of a mountain? No disclosure to IAEA? Noone is squeaky clean in this :/

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wait a minute? Do you mean to tell me that Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program?

Here's some more breaking news... bears # in the woods, the grass is green and the sky is blue.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fraggdya

Well I would think that even enrichment facilities for nuclear power would need some kind of safe zone to be in. To be honest, I haven't researched Qom much.

Here's wiki Qom:

Fordow lies just north of Qom. Its uranium enrichment facility is under construction and is planned to be operational in 2011[6]. Although Iran has clearly stated that the facility is for civil purposes, there is a lot of scepticism about it among the western powers.[7]

At the 2009 G-20 Pittsburgh summit, U.S. President Barack Obama, Prime Minister Gordon Brown of the United Kingdom, and President Nicolas Sarkozy of France made statements regarding a purportedly undisclosed nuclear enrichment facility still under construction at Qom, drawing parallels with a similar facility at Natanz.[8]

Go figure those are the people to accuse.

Turkey, Brazil, China, Russia, India are all iffy and don't really think Iran is building weapons, IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tim Bradley

Here's some more breaking news... bears # in the woods, the grass is green and the sky is blue.

Whoah, whoah hold on..... bears # in the woods?!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

I love idiots, especially those who continue to believe and then espouse that Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program and that they do not seek nuclear weapons. Question, being this is not a matter of "if" but when, when Iran does acquire a nuclear weapon(s), be assured, I will return to this dark and dank forum, search out all the denial threads within this entire forum, and then proceed to prostrate all you people stuck on stupid and denial. Bet.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm not so sure CIA got this man 5 MILLION USD to say "they have no bomb programme".

Iran is now making him to look like a US defect and double agent..

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I love idiots, especially those who continue to believe and then espouse that Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program and that they do not seek nuclear weapons. Question, being this is not a matter of "if" but when, when Iran does acquire a nuclear weapon(s), be assured, I will return to this dark and dank forum, search out all the denial threads within this entire forum, and then proceed to prostrate all you people stuck on stupid and denial. Bet.

Whoah, easy killer...

I suggest you read up on Zbigniew Brzezinski and Kissinger, and for crying out loud look at the image I posted.

What possible good could come for Iran if they made nuclear weapons?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well the source in the article says that they were basically just lying when they said he told them there was a bomb program, and what he actually said was that there is none.

I am sure the CIA is not above kidnapping people, and I'm sure they aren't above putting words in the mouths of those they kidnap either.

new topics

top topics

join