It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a fraud.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've noticed that most of the aggression always stems from the creationalists. Why is that? Aren't they the devout ones with god on their side? Are they a true representation of their god? If so, it surely makes sense why religion has been responsible for so much hatred and death since it's inception.

Most atheists and agnostics I know are very peaceful and intelligent people. ironic isn't it!

IRM

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Everyone's view on spirituality is different. I'm a huge philosophy fan. It's shocking to see how I don't need God in any field of my life shocking to others. It's ridiculous! There are many Atheist who are spiritual. We just believe in improving our minds, not a soul.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

anti-Evolution

That's my point, YOU. 'Atheists' would rather prefer for humanity to be devoured by technology, than to spiritually evolve.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

Atheism is NOT anti-spiritualism.

If this is just an opinion, then consider it expressed. If this is not a bashfest, what is it in favor of?

You have confused atheism with anti-spirituality. There are plenty of atheists that are spiritual. Just because you cannot prove any gods exist to us does not mean we do not have other ideas about the world. Please do yourself a favor and look up words before you express so much disdain for them.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm not a creationist. I'm pantheist. We do not believe in a extra universal deity either. We simply do not close ourselves to spiritual evolution and individual consciousness like you do. I will address you like a community, it's your problem that you cannot even define yourselves, and lack a foundation to back up your beliefs.
Don't really give a damn about the flags, I can still criticize you.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Lot of assumptions about atheists here.

Pity none of them are even close to the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Then do it.
Prove to me that your not a fraud.
C'mon make my day.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

God or the Cosmic Organism is just another name for our Universe in general. Truth via empirical evidence in this case. NATURE. We are all part of God, literally.

god and nature are not the same.
nature/the universe is a real thing that can be seen and tested and measured . god is a byproduct of the human brain that was invented to deal with the unknowns of nature/universe.

now you still can try and find god or worship it ,thats your choice but others that choose something else are not more or less than anyone else

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JO-ET

I do not come from the perspective that you do. We do not worship for we would only be worshipping ourselves.
The problem is that if you honestly believe in everything you say, you wouldn't ever care to counter anything said or done because everything to you, would seem to have a patent right to exist, and yet, you can be silent but are compelled to speak.
You cannot bring something new to table, because your view is limited.
Attempts to criticize you are from a philosophical point of view. Because you are against individualism, evolution, spirituality, free will etc then it is wrong.
Again, you have stock answers to all such questions, but also, your philosophy is so crude and ridiculous that to try and criticize it on the basis of its philosophical framework makes it seem as though you are worth taking seriously as a philosophy when it isn't.
You purely are reactionaring a movement. I would like to say, it is your reaction to Christianity or Islam, but it's more like a reaction to morality.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

" The truth is that the atheist community is becoming a full-grown mind controlling freaks. "

Is this not what Christianity has been for centuries ? I fail to see where atheism has had near the impact on societies and cultures as has Christianity and other conventional religious teachings .

I can't recall any wars that were fought , or crusades that were carried out , or jihads that have ever been enacted , in the name of Atheism .

For you to ridicule the belief that conciousness is part of 'neural activity' , goes directly against what you are saying about everything being 'energy' . After all , neural activity is also a part of the position that you hold concerning energy .

While I tend to hold the same belief that we are all part of the whole , or 'god' , and that everything has energy as the common denominator , I disagree that Atheists are somehow a drain or stumbling block in regards to your individual spiritual advancement .

I don't hold , or adhere to , any religious dogma . I am 100% comfortable with who and what I am . Simply put , I AM .

That does not make me any less than the next person , no matter their position in these matters .

I have friends who are Atheists , Agnostics , Christians , Satanists , Muslims and even a few Wiccans . I judge none of them . To each his/her own .

Who's to say that you are right and they are wrong ? How could you possibly expect to prove or disprove either side of that argument ?

There is no positive without a negative .
No right without a wrong .
No up without a down .
No in without an out .
No good without a bad .
No here without a there .
No dark without a light .
etc., ...

There can be no YOU , without a ME .

Atheists are every bit as important in the grand scheme of things as is anyone else .

It's called balance .

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm not a creationist. I'm pantheist. We do not believe in a extra universal deity either. We simply do not close ourselves to spiritual evolution and individual consciousness like you do.

Like I do? Are all pantheist's psychic like you? Sorry man... FAIL.. you don't know me!

I will address you like a community, it's your problem that you cannot even define yourselves, and lack a foundation to back up your beliefs.
Don't really give a damn about the flags, I can still criticize you.

By all means, criticise away on all that you apparently know about me!

This should prove humorous! bring on the clowns!

IRM

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Could be, but the fact is that you are no different from any religious fundamentalist. And I have no problem in saying that, since my view is far superior to yours, so I can criticize you, you do that all the time. I haven't seen one comment answering the questions that I have been addressing along the thread. Not one.
If you had set off to acquire identity for your movement by attacking others then it would tell me that your whole ideology is preoccupied with destroying status quo more than with anything else.
Your psychology can be roughly seen as consistent criticism. Anyone can do that.
Why are you against individual consciousness & spirituality? I make room for it, I have no problem what so ever.
Define atheism properly.
What is it really?
What would be the consequences of an atheist civilisation?
Were do you draw the line?
How would the species would keep evolving, without individual interaction in between us?
You can't cope with morality because you know it destroys you.
Prove to me that atheism is not a fraud.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That made me smile your post and then I thought you haven't a clue what you are speaking about really.

Not that I want to post a reply to counter your post, no I would rather just let you into a secret.....

It doesn't matter! Your faith! none of it matters!

What matters ..
is that you treat your fellow man (or woman) with respect and dignity and don't threaten to nuke em please lol.
Whether your fellow man (or woman) is a certain religion or not (like me) dont find yet another way to huddle together with others or whatever religion you are to "bash" someone elses views, there is, and has been too much of that.

Why can't you religious people grow up and evolve a bit instead of being stuck in the past doing blindly what somebody else preaches and look at the world and yourself and see what you can do to make life better for us all.

Please dont take what I have scribbled and ridicule it and show text from your book to debunk my opinions, I dont use the text of my "holy" book (not that there is one lol) to ridicule yours.
I see your book as an interesting starting point its a pity it hasn't evolved even a little to improve you. You seem to be living in the past.

Live long and prosper friend
be happy with yourself and the world.
and more importantly be happy that whaatever i think about you I dont want to nuke you , not even a little (no really not at all)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Then do it.
Prove to me that your not a fraud.
C'mon make my day.

What exactly am i supposedly being fraudelent at?

I Don't believe in God. There we go... That wasn't so hard was it?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I am choosing to bow out of this discussion with grace . Please don't interpret that as anything other than a civil exit .

You yourself , have admitted that your views are far superior to mine , therefore , I would be foolish to continue any attempt at debate with such an enlightened individual .

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by F800GSRIDER

That's not my point.
The Universe is all that is.
I'm not dogmatic.
But your perspective is sinking. How do you trace back the source of your morality?
I'm still awaiting.
Since you can't answer to me all these questions, it just leads me to conclude that your fraud, aren't you?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

...since my view is far superior to yours, so I can criticize you, you do that all the time.

Oh, really?!?!

That's quite an ego you have there. Are you familiar with this expression:

“Tart words make no friends; a spoonful or honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar”

How can you expect to carry on any semblance of discourse if you are unwilling to show a modicum of civility or decorum.

Atheism is no more a fraud than organized religion, or whichever form of spirituality you deign to shill.

A personal belief system is simply that, personal. It is attuned to the individual and has absolutely no bearing on the beliefs of others. As such, your personal view of spirituality holds no greater consequence than any other person's. To outright state that your views are "superior" is nothing more than your personal belief. It doesn't necessarily make it so.

A prescient complex of religious motifs that includes ascendance, transcendence and illumination just expresses humankind's stellar identity.

That said, you may seriously want to consider sending positive vibes out into the great Cosmos, as opposed to all this negativity. Surely humankind's "stellar identity" would benefit more from a positive mindset. Just a suggestion.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I accept your suggestion.
I just don't understand why do not answer to questions.
You have not referred to your beliefs even once to justify what you had to say.
Just because some people have researched does not mean that they are consumed by the ego.
Atheism serves two purposes: so his followers can imagining that people are resisting it because you think spirituality is wrong , and as criticisms of your doctrine do not try to get involved in it, by calling hate speech or propaganda.
Your perceived 'information war' is about constructing an artificial 'us and them' situation where you can say your doctrine is being persecuted, while chanting your blind submission to evolution without understanding how it works, and offering science & technology (like if you own it) as the ultimate salvation for all mankind. Sorry but that's wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The problem you're having with a lack of answers to your questions resides with your original supposition: that atheism is a "fake ideology." There is no ideology when in comes to the subject. It's simply nothing more than the disbelief in deities. You are attempting to force your interpretation as to what atheism is (or isn't) and place ridicule/condemnation from that (your personal) perspective.

Forcing everybody to cease following their own belief systems, will shift & re-orient a human being, and re-define it around a fake ideology, consequently that will make people shed their individuality and close human beings to other levels of awareness and spiritual evolution.

The truth of the matter is that you can't force anyone to cease their own beliefs. A person can perhaps be persuaded, but certainly not forced.

Just because a person considers themselves to be an atheist doesn't automatically mean they lack an awareness of spirituality. Again, that's your personal interpretation as to what construes atheism. That's probably why you haven't received a response to your rather stilted questions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join