It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gurkha ordered back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Gurkha ordered back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

www.dailymail.co.uk

A Gurkha soldier has been flown back to the UK after hacking the head off a dead Taliban commander with his ceremonial knife to prove the dead man’s identity.

The Gurkhas had intended to remove the Taliban leader’s body from the battlefield for identification purposes.

But they came under heavy fire as their tried to do so. Military sources said that in the heat of battle, the Gurkha took out his curved kukri knife and beheaded the dead insurgent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
A message to our soldiers, if you're out there on the battlefield fighting for your life with blood and guts all around you whilst under enemy fire, be careful not to offend the Muslims or you may get into big trouble, amazing isn't it? Once again I find myself sickened by the pc brigade and I now have nothing but contempt for this brave soldiers superiors for not protecting him.

I'm absolutely fuming that this soldier was punished. He ws asked to provide proof that the man had been killed, he was under fire and had no choice but to do what he did.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Crazy. Political Correctness again.

I'm glad he did it. Those scum behead innocent aid workers so its about time they took it themselves. Shame he was dead first.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Dont worry,

The Taliban chief may be dead now but he will surely be alive again in a few months then killed, recaptured, killed, captured, killed and killed again.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This guy doesn't play World of Warcraft by any chance does he? Bringing the severed head of an enemy (as proof of death) is a common quest objective in that game. Maybe he forgot that he wasn't logged in to Battle.Net?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

We should take the heads of all the scumbags and stick them on long poles outside every camp!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Jesse's you got to be very sick in your head to be able to behead even a dead man. AND YOU SUPPORT THAT??? I hope you ain't going to serve in the Army with that attitude.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Its becoming an embarassment to live in such a Balls In country as the UK as a disabled soldier maybe we should send flowers an apology and a copy of the Geneva convention rules to the TALIBAN!!!Makes me sick that talibans family will probably be invited to The UK to be housed and live forever on benefits at taxpayers expense whynot? we do it for all our other enemies!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Magic Bullet

That is not the issue here. Its the soldiers morality that is the issue.

The Taliban has been doing this beheading business all along, Today its the main reason we are in Afghanistan. To prevent this from happening. We are not there to inherit their traditions and ways of brutality.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

please don't circumvent the automatic censors
Thanks

[edit on 18-7-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Magic Bullet

That is not the issue here. Its the soldiers morality that is the issue.

The Taliban has been doing this beheading business all along, Today its the main reason we are in Afghanistan. To prevent this from happening.

I do get your point, we should not drop to their level but this is different, this situation. The soldier did not take the head to make a statement, he didn't do it out of malice. He did it because the only other choice was to leave without proof that this man was dead, without proof it's possible more soldiers could have been sent back to the same area to make sure he was dead, without proof more soldiers could have died. No, this soldier is innocent of immorality, despite how horrific the deed was.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Well its wrong and so did the Gurkha's superiors also think. If there was nothing wrong with how he gathered his evidence i guess he would still be on active duty.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I worked proudly alongside Ghurka soldiers after the Grand Bombing in Brighton, and been feeling since that Afghani Policeman turned his gun on the Ghurka's the Kukuri might be drawn to avenge the incident.

I'm not saying that is what happened, just sharing the gut feeling I had.

I also assume it would be very quick to remove a head with a kukuri..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Here is the ironic part.

Everyone is debating the body of a dead SOLDIER whom got his head chopped off.

Meanwhile, many civilian lives are destroyed and women and children are maimed and killed by pointless air strikes or artillery barrages. And no one cares.

And guess who's country we are in? Oh thats right, it's Not Ours.

Keep foaming at the mouth with your hate for people who probably don't exist and or are half way around the globe. Keep the absurdity going.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well the dead guy was dead... and who knows it might strike the fear of hell into the Taliban.

Not saying i agree with it - but it can't do any harm once in a while to use a bit of demoralizing techniques on the enemy.

link   
takes some balls to do that, ya think!

good for him and everyone should think about what he went through to accomplish the mission.

link   
This is absolutely sick just because they practice this sort of thing don't mean are solders should do it.

Reading some posts condoning this you need help sorry this is barbaric.
Have they never heard of a camera

They should not be in Iraq or Afghanistan in the first place.
Living in a world gone mad that's for sure.

Thankyou

[edit on 083131p://2010-07-18T08:05:23-05:00187 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That is saying that the Gurkha beheaded in affect/anger. That is probably the reason he was sent home. Beheading is not how soldiers are thought to gather evidence. It is not even a last option.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
he is a gurkha not a gerkin or a cnn reporter.

cut the putz's head off, mail it to his family, the poor guy is screwed but has gained in rep.

i don't like what has happened to him.

ooooooooo, maybe he made a vid?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Not saying i agree with it - but it can't do any harm once in a while to use a bit of demoralizing techniques on the enemy.

You mean like the fact we are a international alliance and they are nothing but mere rag tag farmers and shepherds?? That would demoralize me.

Or what about the fact we have exclusive air power to bomb them any time , any where, and they do not even posses any air power of their own. That would demoralize me.

Or what about the fact that we brought in armored vehicles and tanks to blast through their villages and cities when they have little to no armored force at all. That would demoralize me.

What about all of those high tech weapons like ultra long range sniper rifles or high powered grenade launchers? Demoralizing.

Hell the pure fact that the ONLY viable method of combat these people have, is to set road side bombs in wait for us. Or to set up cheap ambushes on lightly armed personnel. Or to strap a freaking bomb on and go blow themselves up?

Do you even realize how Demoralized a guy who straps a bomb on is??

There is no way to be more demoralized than that. Suicide bombing is the ultimate maximum of desperation. They are certainly demoralized to the max.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Your speaking to teenagers who dont grasp this at all. They have the same IQ as the Taliban. The Taliban support beheading as well.

Its like the mind of some people in here are at the same level as the Taliban " quite primitive" A head for a head is their knowledge of morality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join