It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Shark filmed swimming next to well head and BOP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Don't let appearances fool. Death will not be immediate. I read an article yesterday that I will try to find about how the oil and Corexit takes a while to get into their system via their food and gills (I think it said gills). Will post later.

I think this was the article from Discovery News: Link.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by ~Lucidity]

I have seen some sea life from time to time....crabs, eels, and fish. Being from the area and someone who loves fishing....I have seen these creatures all my life. The ones we are seeing on the feeds don't look right. They look sluggish and their movement are slow...they look sick. I saw and eel the other day who looked like he was in the process of dying. He was swimming erratically and then would stop and just float, then swim again with his mouth wide open....just didn't look natural....he looked like it was suffering.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Believe it or not , I read somewhere that fish stocks had actually increased, because the fishermen have not been able to fish in the gulf

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I believe that both Japan and China have immediately dispatched a couple of Shark Fishing ships to try and catch the little 'blighter'..... He had a BIG fin or two..

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by justadood
Well, clearly Obama and his zionist banker BP satanist buddies made a computer generated shark whale image because we all know as FACT that this is the Extinction Level Event and that we are all already dEAD!

ZOMG!

This is a prime example of the levels to which one must stoop to in order to politicize and mitigate the largest ecological disaster in the history of modern man. Thanks for posting this justadood, it gives the rest of us some perspective on just how intent and childishly predisposed some people are when it comes to debunking things on ATS.
Maybe someday they will dump some mercury or depleted uranium on your lawn and we can post similar crap when you express your concerns about it.

Lol.

It was sarcasm. And expression of my frustration at people's attempt to 'politicize' and make something partisan, when it is not at all.

sarcasm. learn to recognize it.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Mabey the shark is just hungry. And due to all the toxins making the fish dissapear he is on a hunt/scavenge hunt. It is sad what has been done but I will not go to deep into the argument arguments are over ACTION.

Or the shark has detected an electromagnetic signal related to living food somewhere near the well? Who knows its such a sad game all 1 could wish for is sunlight to brighten up the ignorant 1z days for disturbing nature and feeling they are not within natures grasp, not too bright.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Interesting film clip but not out of the realm of what can be expected. That's where they live. There are many speies of deep water sharks and that's what this is, a shark. It looks to have similar features to the sixgill and the mega-mouth.

Sixgill shark

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I have seen some sea life from time to time....crabs, eels, and fish. Being from the area and someone who loves fishing....I have seen these creatures all my life. The ones we are seeing on the feeds don't look right. They look sluggish and their movement are slow...they look sick. I saw and eel the other day who looked like he was in the process of dying. He was swimming erratically and then would stop and just float, then swim again with his mouth wide open....just didn't look natural....he looked like it was suffering.

I think you will find that these deepwater sharks move in a very sluggish manner. It conserves energy.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well I rule out Whale Shark, this shark does not have the correct mouth to be a plankton eater, this shark has a hunter's mouth.

It looks very ill! It looks damaged and scarred all over the edges; it even appears to swim blindly as a deep sea creature would.

Chances are this one saw his life fully and is probably down there dying and or existing until death.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I didn't see any sharks....I was talking about the eels and smaller fish. I also saw a couple of crabs....but I do have an update! Yesterday as Skandi was diving from the boat, there was a school of about 100 silver fish swimming around the camera and they appeared ok. Don't know how they will be later, but they looked fine when I saw them.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Well I rule out Whale Shark, this shark does not have the correct mouth to be a plankton eater, this shark has a hunter's mouth.

It looks very ill! It looks damaged and scarred all over the edges; it even appears to swim blindly as a deep sea creature would.

Chances are this one saw his life fully and is probably down there dying and or existing until death.

Greensage, this shark is well adapted to life at these light deprived depths. I seriously doubt whether he is sick or dying. Animals not adapted to the pressures at these depths would already be dead. I think you will find with just an ounce of investigation that this is "a deep sea creature". These deepwater sharks mostly move slowly as they often literally "bump into" their meals. They feed on living animals and also scavenge dead animals that fall to these depths. They have limited eye sight as it is of little use in the near total blackness at these depths. Yes, they become scarred and battered as they "bump into" things other than their prey. Rocks, sunken objects and even oil platforms. Those are good reasons not to swim at a fast pace. They also at times have tussles with other sharks, squids, etc. Despite the gashes and bumps, they are typically no worse for the wear. Appearances mean very little for these animals.

I'm no oceanographer. All of this information is readily available both on the Internet and on television. These deep water sharks have been featured on both the Discovery Channel as well as on PBS specials. And so to attribute this animal's filmed behavior to adverse effects from the oil platform or the oil spill is in the least an assumption.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Understood SK!
And those animals are of course not at these depths. I was just using your post as an opening to inject a little more information into the thread. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The fish I saw were not far from the surface....I think they were mullets. I was surprised to see that many!

[edit on 10-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

The fish I saw were not far from the surface....I think they were mullets. I was surprised to see that many!

And that's in the Gulf area? If so that's a good thing at least on the surface.

I posted what I think is already a much more sinister piece of news this morning. The real danger in the past (and we assume the future with the oil spill) with polution of various sorts, is that it creeps from the bottom of the foodchain upward. When these mullets you saw or other schooling fish have lived their entire life cycles in the contaminants and all the while feeding on smaller things that also absorb these contaminants. Of course eventually a human is ingesting something in the chain. Check out my thread if you have the time. Here's it is: Crabs provide evidence oil tainting Gulf food web

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Nice film clip.
It is not a whale shark (they have a mottled skin) and it looks healthy enough
probably just hunting for fish around that BOP it is a common sight.
The "Deepwater Nautilus" BOP is NOT leaking oil so why would the shark be in danger?

PEACE,
RK

top topics

<< 1   >>

join