It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What causes the most violent hauntings/curses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What causes the most violent haunting/curses? What causes the most active hauntings,poltergeists,haunted objects or most persistent curses? What activity before that creates the most active physic disturbances?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Xenopathic Investigator]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i heard, its violent deaths or some unfinished business on earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i heard, its violent deaths or some unfinished business on earth.

That cannot be it though, imo.

There has to be a more distinct explanation.

Otherwise everyone killed through violence would be haunting every place on Earth.

There have been stories of "Ghost battles" where armies of ghosts were seen acting out the battle of their final day.

But this is somewhat rare, and yet we do not see it enough to use it as a "law of nature" or whatever you want to call it.

There has to be some kind of "law of nature" that causes ghost hauntings and some type of factor that determines the intensity of that haunting.

But violence cannot simply be it by itself, as not every violent death results in hauntings.

There must be a more peculiar and specialized cause that we have overlooked thus far.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i agree, there are probably more reasons for hauntings than the two reasons i gave. i cant find the reasons either, why some people just go to sleep and then sleep for ever, meaning they just go to bed on day and never wake up, and others suffer month or years till they finally pass away.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My take on this would be that some souls are so attached to the physical plane that they cannot leave once the physical body dies. Perhaps their consciousness is so limited that they don't even realize they're dead. After their death they can continue to project their rage and pure anger outwards without any restraints, unlike in society.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't really think ghosts are people. They don't feel human. You know when you are sitting the opposite direction and someone walks in the room, you can feel it. Ghosts never felt like a human presence to me.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I don't really think ghosts are people. They don't feel human. You know when you are sitting the opposite direction and someone walks in the room, you can feel it. Ghosts never felt like a human presence to me.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by mnmcandiez]

But it "feels" like a human to me, sometimes*.

This is why I never like basing my ideas or theories on "feelings". Feelings are subjective, and we can all have individual and separate feelings that contradict.

What do you think? Thinking is much more objective than simply "feeling" your way through things. Granted thinking has it's own pitfalls, but it generally proves to be a better judge than mere "feelings".

So why do ghosts cause you to say they do not "feel human"? Which ideas caused this to spring forward, and which emotion caused you to cement this idea into your brain?

I am just curious because I am open minded and want to know exactly why you said what you did.

Perhaps after you tell me, I will start thinking the same as you; you never know! So tell me why you say this.
Thx

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ghosts seem to be intelligent according to many witnesses, not sure if they are all human or other type spirits...

Old abandoned insane asylums seem to still be home to earthbound spirits, and many of these have historys of terrible abuse and crimes by patients as well as emplyees of these institutions..

A girl that went to one on a tour long after it was closed witnessed activity and said out loud she wasn't afraid of them, and then some male voice whispered in her ear: "Join us!" which did scare her into running out and never went back...(I have heard of ghosts saying this to people more than once..)

I would say that violent and torturous places and especially places where satanic rituals or black magic was done would be a place where the worst hauntings occur.. The stories available seem to verify this, but that doesn't prove it is true... Is most likely to be true IMO...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

There have been stories of "Ghost battles" where armies of ghosts were seen acting out the battle of their final day.

One famous battle is that of Edgehill, I've also read this tale in numerous ghost books! I believe there is another english civil war battle with the same lasting effect.

reference: www.ghost-story.co.uk...

Surely the ghost depends on a number of things like the untimely death, violence, connection to the killer and emotion e.g. If your friend stabs you in the back it feels alot worse than someone you dont know. Just a thought...

And another point would be the ability to draw enough energy to materialise, maybe most spirits don't have that energy to manifest?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I believe that every person has the ability to "haunt" once they pass away, but to do this you have to have fulfilled your potential as a person in the real world.

Your potential may be good or evil, depends on the direction you take in life.

If you take a life you may not be welcome to other sides and refused the ability to leave this realm which leaves you here, the only way to get noticed here is to haunt.

Obviously every one doesn't haunt, or I would have heard from many of my family members soon after they passed.

I'm sure it depends on the motivation of the spirit, if they believe they left unjustly they may be more motivated than others to cause a stir.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I suspect it might have to do with strong emotional discharges that leave an imprint or residual pattern in... the fabric of reality?

To give an example, a taxi driver cut me off last week and had to brake suddenly, almost hitting the woman in front of him who was turning off. He stayed there for a full minute yelling and giving the finger as she drove away.
He finally started moving, but was going really slow, so I tried to pass him in the other lane when he swerved at me on purpose! I layed on the horn, and he gave me the finger and burned through a red light to get away from me. I would have pulled him out of his car and beat him if he didn't.

The very next day, I'm stopped at that same light, and the car in front of me gives me the finger! I assume it's because I was checking out the ass of some girl on a bike, and the car that gave me the finger was full of fat chicks who were jealous or something.

I'm thinking that pattern, the same event (getting the finger) in the same location was the result of the extreme emotions involved the previous day. The taxi driver was furious, and so was I. Those emotions somehow left an imprint on the scene.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I suspect it might have to do with strong emotional discharges that leave an imprint or residual pattern in... the fabric of reality?

To give an example, a taxi driver cut me off last week and had to brake suddenly, almost hitting the woman in front of him who was turning off. He stayed there for a full minute yelling and giving the finger as she drove away.
He finally started moving, but was going really slow, so I tried to pass him in the other lane when he swerved at me on purpose! I layed on the horn, and he gave me the finger and burned through a red light to get away from me. I would have pulled him out of his car and beat him if he didn't.

The very next day, I'm stopped at that same light, and the car in front of me gives me the finger! I assume it's because I was checking out the ass of some girl on a bike, and the car that gave me the finger was full of fat chicks who were jealous or something.

I'm thinking that pattern, the same event (getting the finger) in the same location was the result of the extreme emotions involved the previous day. The taxi driver was furious, and so was I. Those emotions somehow left an imprint on the scene.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

They always felt like an evil presence to me.

But this could all be my subconscious brain just making me think these things.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hi there! Newbie here.

I happen to think the reason some ghosts are more pronounced or aggressive than others, may have to do with the way they were in life. A strong energy or personality may have a better chance of being more pronounced as a ghost.

My theroy anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by odinsgrl

I agree with this. The personality of the individual is key to how they impact the environment while alive and after death. People don't change just because they lost their bodies. Many extreme hauntings seem to involve irrational individuals (passed individuals) who act out unreasonably. Likely, these were people who were the same way when they were still flesh and blood. I can imagine that an insane asylum is a good place to find aggressive spirits.

top topics

join